svoot

Will there be Additional Tour Dates in US (2018)

On 11/2/2017 at 7:38 PM, BillHenderson said:

I too am surprised at limited Canadian dates.  I guess they're done rehearsing in Vancouver (although Bono caught in a rain storm may not find hitch hiking as easy in other cities....but fewer rain storms in other cities!).  Montreal should have had a JT show, but it was always intended to be a short tour.  This is a tour for a new album and the follow up to Songs of Innocence.  They did two shows in Toronto for that one, and one in Hamilton.  Back into arena venues I'd have expected more stops.  JT sold out fast in stadiums.  This one will be super fast.  Hopefully the new ticket master approach give us a better shot at good ticks, but with ticket master, I'll believe it when I see it!

JT sold out fast in some stadiums!  :)

Waiting for Toronto or Buffalo shows to be added.  Will save presale codes until then.

30 minutes ago, curt_crader said:

I'll start the rumor ... lol.  May 18th in Seattle and June 2nd in either Jacksonville or Orlando

Curt, We're holding June 2nd for Toronto.  You can't have it!  :D

22 hours ago, BillHenderson said:

Curt, We're holding June 2nd for Toronto.  You can't have it!  :D

I'm good with that too ... it was just my guess.  I'm in Georgia and went to Seattle a couple of times now for them.   

Something worth remembering is that almost all these arenas are home to NBA and NHL teams and this will be in the middle of the playoffs. It would be hard to fill all the available dates around NYC, LA, BOS, CHI etc for fear of schedule conflict. So adding dates IMO are not guaranteed like 2015.

On November 1, 2017 at 4:52 PM, nitz1 said:

Looks from the set dates  East Coast anyway that that they could add a second night next day and still have 2 travel days in between. Can’t see them setting up the production for one date in each city. Doesn’t make financial sense and we are talking about money grabbing Live Nation here. I mean having to renew subs early and selling new subs to get presale is a money grab to me.

Yes totally agree - $50 per and no guarantee of seats - Capitalism at its worst

13 minutes ago, jimmill12 said:

Yes totally agree - $50 per and no guarantee of seats - Capitalism at its worst

Except that when you renewed early, your NEXT renewal date is now in line with the original day/month of your sub, but a year later, so you are still getting the full 12 months AFTER what would have been your original renewal date.

On November 15, 2017 at 12:43 PM, Tracy M said:

Except that when you renewed early, your NEXT renewal date is now in line with the original day/month of your sub, but a year later, so you are still getting the full 12 months AFTER what would have been your original renewal date.

um except for fact that if you buy tickets (like I was able to last time) you will have to 'renew' again to get in line to purchase tickets again rather than let your full year run out, just like many people had to do this time.  Fact is there is a better way to make certain that scalpers don't buy rather than fans and it isn't a $50 surcharge to fans because the scalpers are signing up also and their tickets are all over stubhub and on ticketmaster's 'resale' site both of which charge huge percentages and profit handsomely from resales so unless it is made illegal to basically profit off an artist's tour then the fans are losing out.

On ‎2017‎-‎11‎-‎15 at 2:11 PM, bobg25 said:

Something worth remembering is that almost all these arenas are home to NBA and NHL teams and this will be in the middle of the playoffs. It would be hard to fill all the available dates around NYC, LA, BOS, CHI etc for fear of schedule conflict. So adding dates IMO are not guaranteed like 2015.

The Toronto Maple Leafs won't go that deep into the playoffs, so plenty of opportunity exists for E&I shows at the Air Canada Centre ;-)

Having said that, I snagged Montreal with my experience code, and I'll wait to see what shows/cities are added later.

Edited by zooropamofo

They sold out 7 nights at MSG for the Innocence tour.  Surely they will add at least a couple more nights, no?

Curious. Do I remember correctly that additional dates were added the same day tickets went on sale during past tours?  I haven’t seen any new nights added yet.  Am I missing something?

As someone else posted in another thread, the tours page on this site is showing a second date, June 6th, added for Montreal. The first date shows as sold out. However, no tickets or packages links for the new date yet.

Yes that is true.  On past tours they did add additional dates right away. This looks to be handled differently this time with the Verified Fan thing.  Interesting that they have updated the dates for Verified Fan registration.  I assume more shows will go onsale...

https://u2tour.tmverifiedfan.com/

Nice find.  So the same thing, reg for on sale for Mtl.  Hopefully they do the same things, but is it me or are these shows NOT selling.  I can't look I got shut out along with the Mrs but it seems like that.  Old tours the UC would sell out in  15 minutes.  poof gone.  now, not so much it seems

Edited by sbeck

I think it would be really weird if they didn't add more shows. During Vertigo tour I think they didn't announce the additional dates until a week after the first public on sale was completed. I think that's how it happened. It was several tours ago but that's how I remember it.

These shows are NOT selling. It's amazing to see how many tickets are left for Boston, a city that usually sells out very quickly. What were they thinking? With fees it's $386 for a nose bleed ticket! Many long time fans wont pay those prices and they can certainly forget about winning any new fans on this tour. Sad, really.

I think they knew demand would be soft already, they knew it since they saw JT reactions in stadiums.  How to drive demand, make it "harder" to get access.  In sales it's called urgency.  So create urgency, but it's not working.  I can't get to any show, but it feels like its not selling.

1 hour ago, Wire said:

These shows are NOT selling. It's amazing to see how many tickets are left for Boston, a city that usually sells out very quickly. What were they thinking? With fees it's $386 for a nose bleed ticket! Many long time fans wont pay those prices and they can certainly forget about winning any new fans on this tour. Sad, really.

I'm going to guess it's a combination of the fact that they just were on tour and also there were people that didn't realize they had to go and sign up for it. I saw someone tweeting that they wanted to get tickets for Philly but couldn't because they didn't know they had to sign up for this Ticketmaster verified fan thing. There's bound to be others like them and yeah the fees for this tour are insane a $111 dollar ticket turns into about three hundred for two. 

Good point- I'm sure there are many people who didn't realize they needed to register but that being said the prices are still prohibitive. I imagine that is a big factor as only one show is sold out and normally there would be a lot by this time. I would normally always purchase whatever my limit was (even when it was 8) and plan a reunion with friends around the shows but I can't offer nose bleed tix to my friends for $386 even if it is face value.

First time posting amd we were successful in obtaining tix for MSG on the 25th June. First time seeing the band live in the good ol USA after being a fan for 35 years and I woukd dearly love to see more than one show.

This evening I was told to pre-register for additional shows that go on sale on the following dates via Ticketmaster

U2.com subscriber 28.11.17

Citi presale 30.11.17

General  01.12.17

So from this I presume additional nights are due to be announced? 

Anyone have any additional info because at the momeny the only date is Montreal 06.06.17

3 minutes ago, SoCalU2Lover said:

Adding shows when none of the 1st shows are even close to selling out.  Great Idea!!

i'm sure those tickets will end up being lowered or sold off to brokers at a discount. All events do it, i'm glad they aren't selling though now to show more promoters that fans do not want to be taken advantage of