afg

Ticket Prices

I captured the ticket price ranges from Ticketmaster for a few venues during this U2.com subscriber presale..  It's hard to believe that $171 is the cheapest available for side seating, and those were not the good seats.  Anyway, I plan on purchasing tix during the public sale(If I get picked) but was curious about the pricing for Redzone.  Notice it is showing as $82 for MSG and $76 for TD Garden.  Is this accurate?

NEW YORK MSG:

UPPER BOWL SEATING
US $47.00 - US $331.00
US $47.00US $331.00

LOWER BOWL SEATING
US $47.00 - US $331.00
US $47.00US $331.00

FLOOR SEATING
US $82.00 - US $331.00
US $82.00US $331.00

MADISON CLUB SEATING
US $47.00 - US $112.00
US $47.00US $112.00

BRIDGE SEATING
US $112.00
US $112.00

RED ZONE - GENERAL ADMISSION FLOOR - NO TICKETFAST
US $82.00
US $82.00

MEZZANINE SEATING
US $47.00 - US $82.00
US $47.00US $82.00

BALCONY SEATING
US $47.00 - US $82.00
US $47.00US $82.00
Additional fees are applied at Checkout. Prices subject to change.

BOSTON TD GARDEN:

Loge*First Level of Arena Lower Section
US $41.00 - US $325.00
US $41.00US $325.00

Club*Second Level of Arena just behind Loge
US $325.00
US $325.00

Balcony*Fourth Level of Arena Upper Section
US $41.00 - US $325.00
US $41.00US $325.00

Red Zone*General Admission Floor
US $76.00
US $76.00

General Admission Floor
US $76.00
US $76.00

NEW JERSEY PRUDENTIAL CENTER:
Mezzanine Level Seating
US $46.00 - US $330.00
US $46.00US $330.00

Lower Level Seating
US $46.00 - US $330.00
US $46.00US $330.00

Floor Level Seating
US $176.00 - US $330.00
US $176.00US $330.00

Upper Level Seating
US $81.00 - US $176.00
US $81.00US $176.00

General Admission Floor (Standing)
US $81.00
US $81.00

• Thanks 1

No. For the DC show, Red Zone tickets are $391. Lower level side seats are $325. The 400 level seats are $175.

i guess Bono and the boys are short on cash.

• Like 1

lower level of the lower level seats were going for $476.50 in Atlanta.  Upper level of the lower level were going for $374.90.  This is including the junk fees.

I purchased "limited view" seats in lower level for $96.25 each, because I can't afford to pay for the U2 family college fund.

The band really should be ashamed of themselves.  They drive a lot of political agendas, and yet are totally fine with this gouging.

It was only after I purchased the tickets do I now understand what "limited view" meant.  Considering how hard it is to find info, I was not aware they are going with the 2015 layout.  My bad for not making the connection.  However, it shouldn't be this hard.

We are supporting a tour for an album none of us have even heard yet!  We had to dig deep for scraps of info about the tour, and didn't even really know the prices until we are under the clock ticking today.

I love the band, and I'm going to the concert...it's 5 miles from my house, and I would have had an awful night if I didn't go.  However, I'm very disappointed in the prices.  I've been maintaining my membership here for over a decade, and I am starting to lose the desire to keep up. 

• Like 1

Agree accurate info should have been out well in advance, especially since they knew they were going with a similar (same) stage and screen set-up. I'd love to know what TM's logic is for not posting all ticket prices and which sections they pertain to, in advance. When you're asking people to fork over hundreds of dollars, it's even more imperative that we know what we are getting.  

And I still can't find definitive info on whether VIP packages count towards our limit. My code unlocks them, but no longer unlocks Experience group tickets (because I bought my 2). I want to treat myself, but don't want to risk losing the tickets I already have.

2 hours ago, robfern said:

lower level of the lower level seats were going for $476.50 in Atlanta.  Upper level of the lower level were going for $374.90.  This is including the junk fees.

I purchased "limited view" seats in lower level for $96.25 each, because I can't afford to pay for the U2 family college fund.

The band really should be ashamed of themselves.  They drive a lot of political agendas, and yet are totally fine with this gouging.

It was only after I purchased the tickets do I now understand what "limited view" meant.  Considering how hard it is to find info, I was not aware they are going with the 2015 layout.  My bad for not making the connection.  However, it shouldn't be this hard.

We are supporting a tour for an album none of us have even heard yet!  We had to dig deep for scraps of info about the tour, and didn't even really know the prices until we are under the clock ticking today.

I love the band, and I'm going to the concert...it's 5 miles from my house, and I would have had an awful night if I didn't go.  However, I'm very disappointed in the prices.  I've been maintaining my membership here for over a decade, and I am starting to lose the desire to keep up. 

U2 has always offered affordable seats on their tour with GA. Yeah, the seating may be a bit pricey, but they do offer cheaper alternatives that are closest to them. Why didnt you get those?

GA is not my cup of tea.  I'm not for waiting in line for the best spots and for standing all day, fighting the crowds.  I prefer seats at concerts (will stand during the show), just my preference.  I've been to lots of quality concerts including U2 that didn't require $300+ for lower level seating.  I think that is insane.

48 minutes ago, robfern said:

GA is not my cup of tea.  I'm not for waiting in line for the best spots and for standing all day, fighting the crowds.  I prefer seats at concerts (will stand during the show), just my preference.  I've been to lots of quality concerts including U2 that didn't require $300+ for lower level seating.  I think that is insane.

I agree. Then again, at the recent JT show in Philly, I wore my Unforgattable Fire tour shirt from 1984, so maybe my preferences have changed.  For Red Zone, I am willing to stand. It seemed way better than typical GA. I’ve been nearly crushed in GA during the 1987 JT Tour, and al ost was throwing elbows at the PopMart Tour. 

Not sure why seats are $50-100 more expensive than they were during the JT show a few months ago. Inflation just is NOT that bad.

The entire ticketing process for this tour was poorly handled. Then again, we’ve found reasons to complain about the pre-sale process for every tour.

Announcing ticket and package pricing should have been offered ahead of time. Instead, the dedicated, subscription-paying fans frat get slapped with having to be verified, then the simultaneous “day-of” anxiety of receiving the pre-sale code, sticker shock when sales open, and within 90 seconds, weighing the value between paying a sane amount of money, versus opting for the wickedly priced seats.

Honestly, two tickets cost half of what I am paying for my kid’s braces. WTF???

55 minutes ago, robfern said:

In can understand that. I buy seats now as well just cause of the standing all day to get the best spot. Then you stand some more waiting for the show. Then stand during the show.....Not as young as I used to be.

In other news, it is so nice to see that the re-sellers were prevented from buying tickets. **cough** Red Zone tix for DC are ONLY $1100-2300 a piece. 100 level seats for $900 and GA for $335.

Maybe MANY “Verified” fans needed to pay their mortgages and sold their pre-sale codes???? Um, no. For the next tour, might pre-sales require fingerprints, retinal scans, kidneys?

42 minutes ago, kimber said:

I agree. Then again, at the recent JT show in Philly, I wore my Unforgattable Fire tour shirt from 1984, so maybe my preferences have changed.  For Red Zone, I am willing to stand. It seemed way better than typical GA. I’ve been nearly crushed in GA during the 1987 JT Tour, and al ost was throwing elbows at the PopMart Tour. 

Not sure why seats are $50-100 more expensive than they were during the JT show a few months ago. Inflation just is NOT that bad.

The entire ticketing process for this tour was poorly handled. Then again, we’ve found reasons to complain about the pre-sale process for every tour.

Announcing ticket and package pricing should have been offered ahead of time. Instead, the dedicated, subscription-paying fans frat get slapped with having to be verified, then the simultaneous “day-of” anxiety of receiving the pre-sale code, sticker shock when sales open, and within 90 seconds, weighing the value between paying a sane amount of money, versus opting for the wickedly priced seats.

Honestly, two tickets cost half of what I am paying for my kid’s braces. WTF???

One reason this tour's tickets are more then the JT17 tickets is the fact that this tour is in arenas and not stadiums,  Selling 20,000 vs 60,000 seats is a big difference.

I still find GA tickets such a great value.  Even if you decide to not wait all day and show up just for the show, you can still be somewhat close, and if you stand towards the back of GA  it (to me) is still better than paying the premium for seats.

With that said, I still agree that the prices are very high, but supply and demand will keep the prices high.

I have pretty much gone to every tour since JT and these prices are by far the most disappointing I've seen.  I'll probably do GA, although not my preference, to save some $$ but very tempted to skip this show in protest.  I bet they will not sell out those "premium" seats anytime soon.

• Like 1

Got online at 10 am to try and purchase Vegas tickets. $330 minimum if you wanted to actually see the stage and sit in the lower tier.  This is so disheartening. After all these years, I may have seen my last U2 show. I didn't purchase tickets. Can't justify the price (especially when you add on travel and hotel costs). I am hoping they will add shows at "lesser" venues that intersperse some reasonably-priced tickets in the lower tiers. Denver? Salt Lake City? Was Vegas (being Vegas) an anomoly?

Started the day excited - Ending on a real bummed-out and sour note.

• Like 1

Been a fan since 1984. I have been very lucky to see them live over a dozen times, but its becoming increasingly difficult to go see them play with the price of their tickets. Getting to old to stand in GA for 4 plus hours waiting for show to start. I wouldn't go see the Beatles for over $300 frankly. I know people will offer various reasons to disagree and attack my post. That's ok. I just felt the need to vent. What happened power to the people boys? Peace.

These are my feelings as well.  I would much rather seeing U2 with the same stage, but remove the big screens...probably cuts at least $100 off everyone's ticket right there.

They are so busy trying to find a new audience, that they are leaving their original audience behind. 

I settled on trying to get GA tickets to Philly for Wells Fargo mainly because of the outrageous prices otherwise.  Of course when I went to try and get them, they were gone and I am in the Innocence group and got through right away.  They should have saved enough for us.

VERY disappointed in these prices as a longtime fan who never misses a tour and may just do so this time around.

23 hours ago, svoot said:

U2 has always offered affordable seats on their tour with GA. Yeah, the seating may be a bit pricey, but they do offer cheaper alternatives that are closest to them. Why didnt you get those?

A bit pricey? Complete rip off more like! What if you are unable to/don't want to stand for 2 hours or more? 

1 hour ago, robfern said:

These are my feelings as well.  I would much rather seeing U2 with the same stage, but remove the big screens...probably cuts at least $100 off everyone's ticket right there.

They are so busy trying to find a new audience, that they are leaving their original audience behind. 

I 100% agree with you.

U2 has become as filthy as third-party ticket sellers. Their homes on the French Riviera must carry a huge nut. Cry me a river. No reward for dedicated fans. They have everyone’s email. Using that to offer pre-sale seats at a reduced rate would have been a great step.

These prices are absurd!  Been a fan since the eighties but I have to draw the line on this one.  $730 for two standard tickets for my wife and I in the lower deck? That's an entire weeks paycheck for me.  I am a music lover and have been to hundreds of concerts including U2 nine times.  I'm sorry guys, but I'm out.  I'll stick to Kid Rock, Pearl Jam, and Springsteen, who actually work hard to keep prices low for the working man, like me.      

• Like 1

I too am totally outraged at the ticket prices.  Who can afford this?  I've been to multiple shows on every tour, beginning with ZooTV when I was in college.  What college kid today can afford even the 170 bucks to sit in the crappy last row of an arena?  If you're not in the lower sections or on the floor, the concert's just not that compelling.  

And the "just get GAs" argument is terrible.  Not everyone can/wants to stand, as others have said.  And those tickets go in seconds!  There's just not that many of them.  

I can't believe that I will probably skip this tour.  And, more than that, these prices have really soured me on the band I've loved and defended for thirty plus years.  Do they have any idea what average people can afford?  Obviously not.  Shame on them.

On 11/14/2017 at 11:11 AM, afg said:

I captured the ticket price ranges from Ticketmaster for a few venues during this U2.com subscriber presale..  It's hard to believe that $171 is the cheapest available for side seating, and those were not the good seats.  Anyway, I plan on purchasing tix during the public sale(If I get picked) but was curious about the pricing for Redzone.  Notice it is showing as $82 for MSG and $76 for TD Garden.  Is this accurate?

NEW YORK MSG:

UPPER BOWL SEATING
US $47.00 - US $331.00
US $47.00US $331.00

LOWER BOWL SEATING
US $47.00 - US $331.00
US $47.00US $331.00

FLOOR SEATING
US $82.00 - US $331.00
US $82.00US $331.00

MADISON CLUB SEATING
US $47.00 - US $112.00
US $47.00US $112.00

BRIDGE SEATING
US $112.00
US $112.00

RED ZONE - GENERAL ADMISSION FLOOR - NO TICKETFAST
US $82.00
US $82.00

MEZZANINE SEATING
US $47.00 - US $82.00
US $47.00US $82.00

BALCONY SEATING
US $47.00 - US $82.00
US $47.00US $82.00

BOSTON TD GARDEN:

Loge*First Level of Arena Lower Section
US $41.00 - US $325.00
US $41.00US $325.00

Club*Second Level of Arena just behind Loge
US $325.00
US $325.00

Balcony*Fourth Level of Arena Upper Section
US $41.00 - US $325.00
US $41.00US $325.00

Red Zone*General Admission Floor
US $76.00
US $76.00

General Admission Floor
US $76.00
US $76.00

NEW JERSEY PRUDENTIAL CENTER:
Mezzanine Level Seating
US $46.00 - US $330.00
US $46.00US $330.00

Lower Level Seating
US $46.00 - US $330.00
US $46.00US $330.00

Floor Level Seating
US $176.00 - US $330.00
US $176.00US $330.00

Upper Level Seating
US $81.00 - US $176.00
US $81.00US $176.00

General Admission Floor (Standing)
US $81.00
US $81.00

your forgot to add the crazy fees on tickets!! mine started out 76.00 by the time it got in the card 104.00 wtf. 

9 minutes ago, dstankiewicz said:

I too am totally outraged at the ticket prices.  Who can afford this?  I've been to multiple shows on every tour, beginning with ZooTV when I was in college.  What college kid today can afford even the 170 bucks to sit in the crappy last row of an arena?  If you're not in the lower sections or on the floor, the concert's just not that compelling.  

And the "just get GAs" argument is terrible.  Not everyone can/wants to stand, as others have said.  And those tickets go in seconds!  There's just not that many of them.  

I can't believe that I will probably skip this tour.  And, more than that, these prices have really soured me on the band I've loved and defended for thirty plus years.  Do they have any idea what average people can afford?  Obviously not.  Shame on them.

I totally agree.  

18 hours ago, dstankiewicz said:

Do they have any idea what average people can afford?  Obviously not.  Shame on them.

I keep saying this about so many things these days.

There is such a huge gap between what the elite think average people can afford and what the average people can actually afford.

How's about a $70,000 car with an obscenely huge red Christmas bow on it?  Who is that commercial for?

I just think it will get much, much worse before anything gets better.

I guess I'm fortunate in that these days I could afford the prices - for JT30 and i+e did two nights each and we splashed out on the higher prices seats for them.  However looking at the price jumps that seem to be happening this time I'm starting to wonder whether it's worth it. I've seen every tour since Joshua Tree, travelled overseas to see shows.  But the new songs haven't excited me much, sounds like it's largely going to be similar staging to i+e and I can pretty much guess the rest of the set list and hearing the same songs every tour means they are losing their impact.

On 11/16/2017 at 9:40 PM, dstankiewicz said:

Its amazing isn't it?

Unfortunately the band has exploited every revenue stream and that has been reflected fully on the fans.

From the crooks at TM with outrageous fees's,the third party re-sellers which the ticket agencies actively encourage (and own in some cases) to the shambolic presale with the "lottery" of a code to long term subscribers.

From a band who preach politics and human right issues it really is beyond a joke.

From a European perspective hopefully we will not be involved in the disgrace which is "Verified Fan"