sunshine38

Dedication to my fellow U2 fan

In 2015, at the U2 concert in Madison Square Garden, we were so excited to meet the girl who was called up on stage.  In our crazy minds, we thought it would be the closest we would ever get to the band! (We met the girl who met Bono, lol!)   My friend Christine and I had only met recently through our kids' activities, but bonded quickly, all over our love of U2. Longtime U2 fans we both are, back to the 80s!   Shortly before I met her, she had been in a battle for her life.  She told me she was finally cancer-free after battling a brain tumor.  She survived!  She and her husband were also 9/11 survivors!  But in 2016, she was told another brain tumor had formed, this one more aggressive than before.  It didn't stop her from fighting it again and enjoying life.  She couldn't make it to the Joshua Tree tour, so I recorded what I could for her to watch.   A quote on her blog page from her favorite U2 song One (We're one, but we're not the same, we get to carry each other, carry each other...one....), is for all the support of friends and community given to her and her family.  Through everything life threw her way, she always had something to be thankful for. 

Her battle this time will soon be over, but not one she will win.  She loved music, to sing, to blog, to write, and just felt I needed to write something for her, dedicate something to her. 

Today I dedicate this song, Kite, to her. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3tSCGNIdjc

Life is precious, our time here is not long.  Always be kind. Hug the ones you love a little longer.  Take time for each other, for tomorrow is never promised. 

I miss you, my friend.  Every time I hear a U2 song, I will always think of you.

U2 concert.JPG

Another angel has found her wings.  

RIP Christine.  11/20/2017  

Edited by sunshine38
  • Sad 1

This is so touching....please know you and your friend's family are prayed for. Music and love for friends and family endure!

Thanks for sharing this with us, Sunshine38.

:wub::JT_Logo_01:

Thank you for posting and sharing. Thinking of your friend.

The power of u2's music....is so healing....loving.....like a warm blanket cloaking all the fear, sadness and pain away....

RIP Christine....I'm sure U2 is often played in heaven........

This post made me cry.  What a beautiful soul, and an extraordinary strong person she must have been.  Thank you for sharing her story... faith is something I struggle with but I just have to believe God makes it right in the end, and that whatever we go through in this life is just a transition into eternity.  And what we take with us when we leave this body is the love we shared, the connections we made, the art we created, the joy we felt.  

Much love to you in your time of loss.  Please feel free to share her blog or anything else you would like!