Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
hope3702

This SOE is shaping up to be a gem

Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, doctornickriviera said:

i love  acrobat, It reminds me of being 17 listening to Nicky Campbell’s late night show on radio 1 in the UK just after AB came out and him saying how blown away he was with this track. 

Its epic.

 

 

 

Yeah.  It's another instance of me knowing this band, rediscovering something and BOOM it's new again in a different direction.  Nobody does that like U2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Manohlive said:

People have mentioned Acrobat being a song they really want to hear on this tour.  I never really listened to Acrobat (sat and concentrated and listened to it).  I am not sure why.  It must have been the point in AB where I had to use the restroom or needed a beverage-so I was up and about doing something when it played.  I made myself really listen to Acrobat earlier and it finally hit me why so many people mention it.  It is an amazing song.  I'm not sure why I did not realize this until now; up and about doing things or not. Many thanks to those who mentioned it.  I might never have realized this had y'all not been so passionate.  I now want it on the setlist, this tour, as well.  

 

20 hours ago, doctornickriviera said:

i love  acrobat, It reminds me of being 17 listening to Nicky Campbell’s late night show on radio 1 in the UK just after AB came out and him saying how blown away he was with this track. 

Its epic.

Yes, Acrobat is well overdue live. I'd love it!

Mixed with all the SOE tracks, it would be perfect. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/10/2018 at 11:51 PM, dmway said:

Speaking of the tour...

Do you think they might kick off the show with "Love Is All We Have Left"? It seems like a perfect introductory song, whether or not it went straight into "Lights Of Home" (which would be fine for me as well).

What do we think?

 

 

On 4/19/2018 at 10:41 AM, Rich T. said:

I think they will enter the stage to the recorded track of "Love is All We Have Left".

I think with the introduction of the new app, we have confirmation that they will indeed come on stage to this song. B)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/24/2018 at 10:41 AM, dmway said:

 

I think with the introduction of the new app, we have confirmation that they will indeed come on stage to this song. B)

I'd bet pretty much everything that Lights of Home shall be the first live opening song.  Oh my gosh am I getting excited.  I'm going to have to absent myself until May 22. I'm not quite sure how I'll do that. I want everything to be a surprise.  I can go the second night and be acquainted with the show. It's what I did with SOI.  I was very happy I did. I still think the way the camera came out of Bono's bedroom, for SOI, and the sequence ended with the camera going back into Bono's bedroom was very well conceived, directed, produced and performed. It was a complete surprise when he got into the screen.

It's very tempting to read everything and continue to get excited as the show approaches.  It's only two weeks to Chicago,  so wait it shall be. My gut tells me this is going to be one of their best tours.   Are there spoilier alerts for threads and posts?  

Edited by Manohlive
my grammar/sentence structure sucks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you think that if they play Wild Horses...they will skip Until the End of the World?  Until the End kicks major ass live.  It is one of my top two or three fave live U2 songs. We've had it in the setlist for how many tours?  Have they ever not played it since Achtung Baby/ZooTV?   I don't want to know the setlist either.  It's fun to guess.  Excitement abounds.  It's less then twelve months later and we get to see a completely new tour.  woo hoo.

Edited by Manohlive
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Manohlive said:

I'd bet pretty much everything that Lights of Home shall be the first live opening song.  Oh my gosh am I getting excited.  I'm going to have to absent myself until May 22. I'm not quite sure how I'll do that. I want everything to be a surprise.  I can go the second night and be acquainted with the show. It's what I did with SOI.  I was very happy I did. I still think the way the camera came out of Bono's bedroom, for SOI, and the sequence ended with the camera going back into Bono's bedroom was very well conceived, directed, produced and performed. It was a complete surprise when he got into the screen.

It's very tempting to read everything and continue to get excited as the show approaches.  It's only two weeks to Chicago,  so wait it shall be. My gut tells me this is going to be one of their best tours.   Are there spoilier alerts for threads and posts?  

Yes - there is a "Rehearsals" thread. Normally, I don't peek, but this time I did. I'm very happy ? Your guess for the opening is close (if they stick to the rehearsals, that is.)

 

11 hours ago, Manohlive said:

Do you think that if they play Wild Horses...they will skip Until the End of the World?  Until the End kicks major ass live.  It is one of my top two or three fave live U2 songs. We've had it in the setlist for how many tours?  Have they ever not played it since Achtung Baby/ZooTV?   I don't want to know the setlist either.  It's fun to guess.  Excitement abounds.  It's less then twelve months later and we get to see a completely new tour.  woo hoo.

I'll be semi-naughty and tell you during all the rehearsals U2 had that we have info about here, they only played WGRYWH once.

OK - no more reveals! ?

Yes, I'm looking forward to this show too. The app piqued an already maxed-out excitement. ?

Edited by dmway
new emojis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dmway said:

I'll be semi-naughty and tell you during all the rehearsals U2 had that we have info about here, they only played WGRYWH once.

I'm selfish.  I want both Wild Horses and Until the End.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, dmway said:

I'll be semi-naughty and tell you during all the rehearsals U2 had that we have info about here, they only played WGRYWH once.

 

1 hour ago, Manohlive said:

I'm selfish.  I want both Wild Horses and Until the End.

Well, it appears that you/we will get our wish with UTEOTW, and, since WGRYWH was rehearsed, it could be played any show.

(I'm even more selfish because I want all of AB every show! ? )

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dmway said:

 

 

(I'm even more selfish because I want all of AB every show! ? )

 

Me too!! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, dmway said:

(I'm even more selfish because I want all of AB every show! ? )

 

21 hours ago, JCF said:

Me too!! 

It's a completely rational thought! ? And all of SOE too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the Love Is Bigger Than Anything In Its Way video is inspirational, very hopeful and incredibly beautiful  I love it.  Thanks to anyone involved.  I found out that one of my Godchildren is trasistioning from a man to a woman.  I had not been told.  She announced it on Facebook.  I was called by her parents and told that day because they knew I'd hear.  Why they would not tell me is beyond my grasp but it does not matter.  It's about her.  I love her and respect her even more.  Even if none of that had happened-this is an especially hearwaming video.  A+++

Edited by Manohlive
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/4/2018 at 5:39 PM, dmway said:

I think that many U2 fans think the same thing, but I have never heard or read such a thing explicitly stated, i.e., the plan of a "Songs Of..." trilogy.

At the start of the recording of Songs of Innocence I heard the manager of U2 talk about a trilogy. But it has been a long time ago and I dont know if U2 themselves ever plan to make a trilogy. I did think however that I heard Bono once talk about it too, but my memory on that isnt very reliable. Some zootopians mentioned that they could also release a best of album or live album. I hadnt thought of that. A best of cd would be possible. Dont like to spoil the fun, but the greatest hits period with the big commercial hits has been a while back for U2. They have released two best of cd's from 1980  till the year 2000. So the end of this decade would be a good moment to release a new best of cd from the period 2000 till 2020. I wont buy it, who will? But it would buy U2 time to get out of this Live Nation contract. I guess they will renew it however. There really isnt an alternative to Live Nation for a big band like U2. But maybe they can renogotiate a better deal with more freedom for U2.

As I am not particulary waiting for a best of cd I really would like another live album! U2 does release a DVD of every tour however, so maybe it is unlikely that they will release a seperate live cd. However they could collect all the best live rare performances. That would be a killer move!!! I would buy that instantly!!! You can hear every rare U2 song online, but the sound quality often is lousy. U2 must have numerous high quality recordings of rare live songs! Oh, now I am getting really enthusiastic!!! That would be on my number 1 wishlist: high quality live recordings of rare U2 live songs. "Drowning Man" would be number 1 on my wish list. I only have heard that online at a rehearsal and that was recorded outside the stadium. Still it sounded so great. I guess the reason they dont play that song live is because of emotional reasons. The subject is rather heavy. It is one of Adam Clayton's favorite U2 songs.And one of mine too. I loved "Like A Song" thundering into "Drowning Man". That duo rocked my house many times! Who has ever heard "Like a Song" live? Is it ever played live? I really love those thunderous drums!

Sorry that my post interupted the great thread about new live songs a bit. I am just as thrilled as you guys. I cant wait to hear the new songs being played live! I know that with EVERY new U2 tour time I got pleasantly surprised by U2's performances. U2 is the best live band in the world. And Bono is gonna rock us all !!!

 

 

Edited by bettydalton
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bettydalton said:

A best of cd would be possible.

LOL.  How?  We've a few already.  A best of SOI and SOE album?   I'm being goofy, not negative.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bettydalton said:

So the end of this decade would be a good moment to release a new best of cd from the period 2000 till 2020. I wont buy it, who will?

I don't know how to insert this quote into the one above so I'm doing it seperately.   Your comment:  That's just it.  We all have the albums from which they'd be releasing material.  I don't see new fans buying albums for those songs.  I think they'd stream the songs.  I'm hoping perhaps there was a third cd possible and they put together a new album out of some of those songs while writing new ones and producing a new studio album which is not related to SOI and SOE.  I then wonder if that's possible given the amount of time left in the contract.  They've got the tour.  BETTER YET:  Maybe we'll get something similar in nature to Zooropa.  That would be sweet!

Edited by Manohlive

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, bettydalton said:

At the start of the recording of Songs of Innocence I heard the manager of U2 talk about a trilogy. But it has been a long time ago and I dont know if U2 themselves ever plan to make a trilogy. I did think however that I heard Bono once talk about it too, but my memory on that isnt very reliable. Some zootopians mentioned that they could also release a best of album or live album. I hadnt thought of that. A best of cd would be possible. Dont like to spoil the fun, but the greatest hits period with the big commercial hits has been a while back for U2. They have released two best of cd's from 1980  till the year 2000. So the end of this decade would be a good moment to release a new best of cd from the period 2000 till 2020. I wont buy it, who will? But it would buy U2 time to get out of this Live Nation contract. I guess they will renew it however. There really isnt an alternative to Live Nation for a big band like U2. But maybe they can renogotiate a better deal with more freedom for U2.

As I am not particulary waiting for a best of cd I really would like another live album! U2 does release a DVD of every tour however, so maybe it is unlikely that they will release a seperate live cd. However they could collect all the best live rare performances. That would be a killer move!!! I would buy that instantly!!! You can hear every rare U2 song online, but the sound quality often is lousy. U2 must have numerous high quality recordings of rare live songs! Oh, now I am getting really enthusiastic!!! That would be on my number 1 wishlist: high quality live recordings of rare U2 live songs. "Drowning Man" would be number 1 on my wish list. I only have heard that online at a rehearsal and that was recorded outside the stadium. Still it sounded so great. I guess the reason they dont play that song live is because of emotional reasons. The subject is rather heavy. It is one of Adam Clayton's favorite U2 songs.And one of mine too. I loved "Like A Song" thundering into "Drowning Man". That duo rocked my house many times! Who has ever heard "Like a Song" live? Is it ever played live? I really love those thunderous drums!

Sorry that my post interupted the great thread about new live songs a bit. I am just as thrilled as you guys. I cant wait to hear the new songs being played live! I know that with EVERY new U2 tour time I got pleasantly surprised by U2's performances. U2 is the best live band in the world. And Bono is gonna rock us all !!!

It's a logical thing to think - U2 does things in threes (I will someday finish that post analyzing their album releases - it's more than just threes...) Bono tends to think out loud in interviews (i.e., the things he says about the future are merely on his mind - whether or not they actually come to pass is a different thing altogether) - I do remember his saying "Songs Of Ascent" in an interview, but that was back during the NLOTH sessions, and, after I did a little research, I noticed that "Songs Of Ascent" was one of the working titles for NLOTH. I think I posted that earlier.

For better or worse, I do think their next CD will be a "best of" or a live album (perhaps of the JT tour, perhaps something else). If they did another "best of", they'll put something new on it. I just hope it's more than one song. Yes, I can't wait for their relationship with Live Nation to end - I hope it does. (Just because we want it doesn't mean it will happen, though.)

"Drowning Man" and "Like A Song" are both songs that have never/virtually never been played. However, being a big fan of "War" myself, I'd also be up for it! (It's my favorite album of theirs from the 80s.) Here's a list of songs they have not played:

http://www.u2gigs.com/article373.html

All will be revealed about the SOE concerts very soon now! ?

Edited by dmway
  • Thanks 1
  • Brilliant 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 I think the app is cool. Utilizing phone technology seems very U2. I'm worried that it's going to turn into a flurry of people trying to share pics or whatever happens during the show.  This augmented reality is presumptive on people having their phones charged and set.  It presumes people have the app downloaded. Will the wifi and carrier signals at each venue handle the sudden demand?  What about attendees who don't know the app? My guess is at least half the audience will not know when they enter the venue the night of the show.  My past experience is some will be trying to download the app at the beginning of the show.  (with a huge screen that says download the app before the show or not) I was amazed how many people got confused about putting on a wristband for Coldplay's last two album tours. I hope people have the sense to get it done before the show.  Bono looks so cool.  Somewhere we discussed 3D glasses for our augmentation.  We decided there is no way it would work in a large venue.  Am I neurotic in worrying this is worse?  ?  (haha) Bono looks so fricking cool in blue. I feel guilty because I hope the concept of incorporating phones into shows dies a very quick death after this tour. My desire is U2 does it so well that nobody else dare touch the notion and it's dust. The need to use reality for it to be augmented is another quite clever and faceted flip.

Edited by Manohlive

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Liking the potential setlist, liking the fact that it seems JT has been laid to rest, at least for a little while, to free up set list space for others. Interesting 36 hrs ahead! We'll see.

 

Here's to the new tour. Is there a better forum on here, or do we just stick with this one.

 

OUT OF THE ALBUM.... INTO THE TOUR! Enjoy folks!?

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The tour starts later today, my shows are not for three weeks and I still cannot sleep.due to excitement.  I have not let myself listen to SOE for a week now and it's getting difficult.  I'm only allowing myself to watch videos of it on Youtube but only videos so I don't wear out the album as a whole.  I miss Landlady.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Manohlive said:

The tour starts later today, my shows are not for three weeks and I still cannot sleep.due to excitement.  I have not let myself listen to SOE for a week now and it's getting difficult.  I'm only allowing myself to watch videos of it on Youtube but only videos so I don't wear out the album as a whole.  I miss Landlady.

She'll always be there for you, just as the inspiration for the song will always be there for Bono... ?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/21/2018 at 5:35 AM, doctornickriviera said:

i love  acrobat, It reminds me of being 17 listening to Nicky Campbell’s late night show on radio 1 in the UK just after AB came out and him saying how blown away he was with this track. 

Its epic.

 

On 4/21/2018 at 10:16 PM, Manohlive said:

Yeah.  It's another instance of me knowing this band, rediscovering something and BOOM it's new again in a different direction.  Nobody does that like U2.

 

On 4/22/2018 at 2:26 AM, dmway said:

 

Yes, Acrobat is well overdue live. I'd love it!

Mixed with all the SOE tracks, it would be perfect. 

 

 

On 4/26/2018 at 12:59 AM, Manohlive said:

Do you think that if they play Wild Horses...they will skip Until the End of the World?  Until the End kicks major ass live.  It is one of my top two or three fave live U2 songs. We've had it in the setlist for how many tours?  Have they ever not played it since Achtung Baby/ZooTV?   I don't want to know the setlist either.  It's fun to guess.  Excitement abounds.  It's less then twelve months later and we get to see a completely new tour.  woo hoo.

 

On 4/26/2018 at 5:06 PM, Manohlive said:

I'm selfish.  I want both Wild Horses and Until the End.

 

On 4/26/2018 at 6:14 PM, dmway said:

 

Well, it appears that you/we will get our wish with UTEOTW, and, since WGRYWH was rehearsed, it could be played any show.

(I'm even more selfish because I want all of AB every show! ? )

 

Well, "Acrobat", UTEOTW, and WGRYWH - how about that?!?! :lol:

SOE live sounds great too!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's official.  I must absent myself from anything SOE for the next three weeks.  I hope everyone has safe travels and is seated or standing where they wish for the show.  I had no idea it would be this difficult to stay out of here.  Seeing the American flag and knowing the above three songs were played does not surprise me.  I almost peeked to see what they did off SOE.  I'd be smacking myself until the next whatever if I did, so I must leave the SOE threads....(gloom, despair and agony on me...deep dark depression....excessive misery.....if it weren't for surprise....I'd have no will at all....gloom despair and agony on me until 8 pm on May 22 and 23 in Chicago.)  I'll be trolling the non-SOE threads until I get home from Chicago 2.  Peace to all.

Edited by Manohlive
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Manohlive said:

It's official.  I must absent myself from anything SOE for the next three weeks.  I hope everyone has safe travels and is seated or standing where they wish for the show.  I had no idea it would be this difficult to stay out of here.  Seeing the American flag and knowing the above three songs were played does not surprise me.  I almost peeked to see what they did off SOE.  I'd be smacking myself until the next whatever if I did, so I must leave the SOE threads....(gloom, despair and agony on me...deep dark depression....excessive misery.....if it weren't for surprise....I'd have no will at all....gloom despair and agony on me until 8 pm on May 22 and 23 in Chicago.)  I'll be trolling the non-SOE threads until I get home from Chicago 2.  Peace to all.

I could not stop from peeking on yesterdays setlist. It looks to be one of their best since Elevation and 360 tour. 

See you in Chicago and it's only U2 that can put up a show like this. Have to stay away reading from your first night, cause I have tickets on 23:th. ?

It will be magical. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Njord69 said:

I could not stop from peeking on yesterdays setlist. It looks to be one of their best since Elevation and 360 tour. 

See you in Chicago and it's only U2 that can put up a show like this. Have to stay away reading from your first night, cause I have tickets on 23:th. ?

It will be magical. 

 

I had to close my eyes, in case I might see something, to read your comment.  Are people going to meet up somewhere before the show in Chicago?  Would you pm me?  I'd like to meet at least one fan off U2.com.  We could just say a quick hi in the venue or there are some nice places close to the venue.  One can walk to an fro or they have shuttle buses.  Let me know.  I looked and can't find anything for a pre-show gathering for Chicago.  The place I usually go is called the Park Tavern.  No pressure intended.  It would be nice to meet others.  It will be magical.  I still have goosebumps from seeing Bono with the megaphone in front of my country's flag AND Trump was outted for paying his lawyer to pay the porn star with whom he did not have an affair and he had nothing to do with any porn star getting paid.  I love it.  The timing was perfect.  She has his cajones in a vice grip and her lawyer is much smarter than his.  It makes Bono's megaphone even more awesome.  I can't wait.  Let me know if you'd like to say hi and anyone else who reads this as well.  I looked and could find nothing about gatherings.  I'm going both nights.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...