pauly2112

Who is buying $300 upper level tickets??

Who in their right mind is spending $300+ for upper level seats? U2 has balls charging that much. I remember on SOI tour Ticketmaster sold them at a discount the day of the show. 

• Like 1

I'm genuinely hoping that U2 has to do the Kid Rock "invite the whole trailer park" ticket sale of shame in order to avoid playing to empty venues.  Sure seems like the biggest band in the world needs a healthy dose of reality.

• Upvote 1

Oseary just wanted to see how many desperate or inexperienced ticket buying U2 fans he could sucker in to paying those absurd prices.  He'll give Ticketmaster the go ahead to slash prices, otherwise they'll never sell.  Slimeball.

Close to $700 for two side view tickets, lower or upper level for MSG and other shows. wow. Not everyone can stand in GA. Sad. 

Same exact seats I sat in for the IE show in Boston 2 years ago for $115 are now $325.  Unreal.  Just outrageous.

• Like 1

Agreed!  I was late getting to the presale and now there are only $300 upper seats left....I refuse to pay that.  This may be the first tour I miss since 1992 :(

Hang in there Wawa. Last tour TICKETMASTER dropped the price of the $300 seats the day before or day of show, at MSG at least. 

19 hours ago, pauly2112 said:

Close to $700 for two side view tickets, lower or upper level for MSG and other shows. wow. Not everyone can stand in GA. Sad. 

I bought Bridge tix - 2 for $275 - cheapest I could find as no GA obviously -  The bridge is literaly suspended from the roof! the Roof! And I paid like $135 each!

On 11/20/2017 at 12:42 PM, snorkel said:

I'm genuinely hoping that U2 has to do the Kid Rock "invite the whole trailer park" ticket sale of shame in order to avoid playing to empty venues.  Sure seems like the biggest band in the world needs a healthy dose of reality.

Ahhhh...I some have news for you. Kid Rock doesn't play to empty venues, he sells out almost every single show. I should know having seen him more than 10 times over the years. And he cares more for his fans than apparently U2 does.....

8 hours ago, pauly2112 said:

Hang in there Wawa. Last tour TICKETMASTER dropped the price of the $300 seats the day before or day of show, at MSG at least. 

The tough thing with this is if you need to plan ahead (kids, travel, hotel etc.)  If the person lives close to the venue this is a great option, if they don't it makes it tough to plan.

the MSG U2 show is "sold out" i.e all the tickets were given to brokers, so now we'll never get to see if they would lower the prices

Edited by Clear31

Who actually sets these prices.. the manager? The band? Whoever it is  sort it out! It's outrageous .  Joshua Tree prices were a joke as well , I paid £170 per ticket for the good seats! Bono obviously needs the money.. hang your heads in shame charging fans these prices! 

Edited by willo66

23 hours ago, U2FanInVT said:

The tough thing with this is if you need to plan ahead (kids, travel, hotel etc.)  If the person lives close to the venue this is a great option, if they don't it makes it tough to plan.

23 hours ago, U2FanInVT said:

The point is the ticket prices shouldn't be that much in the first place it's a disgrace! People pay a fortune for a ticket then there is the expense of travelling,  hotels etc.. the band obviously know how expensive the tickets are priced at and should know its too much.

Edited by willo66
  • Like 1

On 11/20/2017 at 1:17 PM, pauly2112 said:

Who in their right mind is spending $300+ for upper level seats? U2 has balls charging that much. I remember on SOI tour Ticketmaster sold them at a discount the day of the show. 

Remember, this is an Arena, and not a stadium. Upper level in the smaller arena is the same as lower level in a big stadium. U2 sold Tens of thousands of tickets per show on the 360 in the lower level of each stadium show. Those lower level sections often have 35 to 40 rows in the football stadium. There are about 45 rows from the floor to the top of the arena where the roof is. So they charge that 300 dollar price because your as close or closer than you were in the lower level of a football stadium. Another factor of course is they charge these prices because demand shows people will buy them. 

Sorry STING we are being stung at these outrageus prices! I don't care how much demand there is and who it is, concert tickets should never be this price! I have been to every tour since War but at these prices I will probably miss this one. Also it looks like the same stage set up as the I & E tour so same show just a few different songs. 

• Like 1

On 11/23/2017 at 4:28 PM, willo66 said:

Sorry STING we are being stung at these outrageus prices! I don't care how much demand there is and who it is, concert tickets should never be this price! I have been to every tour since War but at these prices I will probably miss this one. Also it looks like the same stage set up as the I & E tour so same show just a few different songs. 

These are the same prices though as the Innocence And Experience Tour. Plus, $325 is not much more expensive than the $275 that was charged in football stadiums on the 360 tour. I personally will not pay that top ticket price, but there are four other price levels offered, $171, $106, $76, and $41. I always go for general admission since those tickets are nearly the cheapest but are also the closest to the band. General admission is a great deal and part of the reason why the ticket prices in the seats are up to $325 a ticket. But the majority of the tickets in each venue are not at the $325 price. 

I remember the Elevation and Vertigo Tours when the top ticket price was $130 and $160 respectively. This is a big jump, but most of that jump was made on the 360 tour when that top ticket price made it up to $275 when it had been $160 just four years earlier. Also, when you adjust for inflation, $275 in 2009 is equal to $325 in 2017! So this rise in the top ticket price is really nearly a decade old and not news at all. 

12 hours ago, STING said:

These are the same prices though as the Innocence And Experience Tour.

Respectfully, these are not.  The top price for regular seats on this tour is about $50 higher than the Innocence & Experience tour.  A lot of seats have also been reclassified to higher price levels.  For instance, I sat in seats during the I&E tour for some of the shows, and at one of those shows, the seats had a face value of $80 each, and the other had a face value of $100 each.  Those exact seats have been classified as $175 tickets for this upcoming tour.  Other tickets which were $150 on the Innocence & Experience tour have been reclassified as $330 tickets for this tour.  The Red Zone has jumped from $325 on I&E to $400 now.

For this particular tour, a seat in the upper level high up around row 12, and far away from the main stage is being charged at the "price level 1" rate of $330.

I don't think anyone is really arguing that the seats that are closest to the stage and have a full view of the screen aren't worth a premium.  The compliant is that a far larger percentage of tickets than usual are being classified at that super high price, even when the placement of that seat does not appear to justify the price being asked.

If these seats were in demand then they would have sold out. Simply they are not selling as no one wants to pay that price. I havent heard another fan argue against this point till now. It's clear they have marked up too high for those seats. 

Personnally the real problem I feel is the fan club presale codes which I heard today from u2. Com you may or may not get. Have to see what happens this coming week... 

I hope the band management does good by everyone. I would NOT FOR ONE SECOND,  put my info in that verified fan, whatever they called it. I never even attempted to buy tickets to any show, but I was seriously shocked at how the paid members and the site itself were treated, that is just so wrong... NOW TO BE CHARGING THESE TYPE OF PRICES FOR THEIR TICKETS IS PROBABLY GOING TO LAND THEM BACK IN COURT IN THE USA. Ticket Master and Live Nation are such ripoffs.

On 11/25/2017 at 4:58 PM, vertigojds said:

Respectfully, these are not.  The top price for regular seats on this tour is about $50 higher than the Innocence & Experience tour.  A lot of seats have also been reclassified to higher price levels.  For instance, I sat in seats during the I&E tour for some of the shows, and at one of those shows, the seats had a face value of $80 each, and the other had a face value of $100 each.  Those exact seats have been classified as $175 tickets for this upcoming tour.  Other tickets which were $150 on the Innocence & Experience tour have been reclassified as $330 tickets for this tour.  The Red Zone has jumped from $325 on I&E to $400 now.

For this particular tour, a seat in the upper level high up around row 12, and far away from the main stage is being charged at the "price level 1" rate of $330.

I don't think anyone is really arguing that the seats that are closest to the stage and have a full view of the screen aren't worth a premium.  The compliant is that a far larger percentage of tickets than usual are being classified at that super high price, even when the placement of that seat does not appear to justify the price being asked.

I unfortunately did not see the Innocence And Experience Tour, but thought that the top ticket price was higher than the 360 tour. In any event, the top ticket price on 360 was $275 which adjusted for inflation turns out to be about $325 today. So that top ticket price for seats is the same as the top ticket price people paid for seats in a football stadium. Football stadium seats are further away from the stage because of the size of the football field. In the basketball arena these seats are closer to the stage because the floor is several time smaller. So your getting a better, closer view of the band at an equal ticket price to the 360 tour once you adjust for inflation. 

Can you tell me which venue/city you are talking about where $80 dollar seats are now $175 and $150 are now $330? I'm going to have to refresh my memory on all the price levels for each tour since 2000 in North America. Prior to 1997, there was only one price level at all U2 concerts.

Look i am a huge fan but quite simply the tickets for this tour are too much , i just don't see how they can charge these prices! Also for the Joshua Tree tour 2017 i shelled out £170 english pounds per ticket, i don't know of any other band that charge this much. When you are on a budget it's hard to afford these prices, i don't like having a go at the band but had to on this issue. 

18 hours ago, STING said:

Can you tell me which venue/city you are talking about where $80 dollar seats are now $175 and $150 are now $330? I'm going to have to refresh my memory on all the price levels for each tour since 2000 in North America. Prior to 1997, there was only one price level at all U2 concerts.

You can check pretty much any city, so I'll use San Jose as an example here. Sections 201 and 202 contain many top category $325 seats, and to the best of my knowledge they have never charged top price for any seat in the upper level for arena shows prior to this tour. Those same seats would have been the second category on the I&E tour, and now they're not selling because most rightfully refuse to drop $700+ for a pair of upper seats. Comparing it to the top price JT tour seats is irrelevant imo - there isn't a way to justify these prices, which is why they're going to be reduced eventually in many markets. 

I went to the Boston IE show on July 11th and got tix through the fan club in Sec 329 (upper balcony) and my total cost for 2 tickets was $231.15.  The same exact seats were $325 EACH when I tried to get pre-sale tickets.

8 hours ago, leafswild said:

You can check pretty much any city, so I'll use San Jose as an example here. Sections 201 and 202 contain many top category $325 seats, and to the best of my knowledge they have never charged top price for any seat in the upper level for arena shows prior to this tour. Those same seats would have been the second category on the I&E tour, and now they're not selling because most rightfully refuse to drop $700+ for a pair of upper seats. Comparing it to the top price JT tour seats is irrelevant imo - there isn't a way to justify these prices, which is why they're going to be reduced eventually in many markets. 

I did not compare them to JT tour seats, I compared them to 360 tour seats. You know the 360 tour for the No Line On The Horizon album back in 2009-2011. Those shows had top tickets at $275 in a football stadium which is much larger than a basketball arena. Yes, they were lower level, but went to the top row of the lower level. Top row of the lower level in a football stadium is the same as the nose bleed seats in a Basketball arena. So that is why they feel justified in charging those prices. The worst seat in a basketball arena is better than at least half the seats in a football stadium in terms of how close you are to the band on stage. When you sell 10,000 tickets at $275 in a football stadium, they know they can do the same thing in an arena. Unfortunately, these high price tickets then take up a higher percentage of the total tickets available, but that is the price you pay when an artist plays a smaller venue and the artist is in high demand. Imagine what it would be like if U2 played theaters where only 3,000 tickets would be available. The prices would go even higher.