Max Tsukino

Update: U2 Manager Guy Oseary Responds To Fans' Concerns Over E+I Tour Pre-sales

Larry, Bono, Edge, & Larry,

Here lies One HUGE problem.   Even after the fan presales, the Citibank presales, general public presales-I still cannot purchase 3 seats together without purchasing through a re-saler at double, triple the original ticket price...

I really am struggling as to why the people that love U2 the most (the fans that have remained loyal to them and have continued to renew their fan club membership year after year-were only allotted 2 tickets????  I'm still scratching my head on this one.  I have been a fan club member since the Propaganda time period... 

Case in point: Both myself and my roommate (we have been roommates as well as fan club members for well over 15 years-WE HAVE THE SAME ADDRESS), we each pay for our own individual fan club subscription. We have purchased tickets for at least one of every tour show since Zoo TV.  We have purchased multiple tickets each so that we could share the extraordinary vibe of seeing U2 live by taking our friends.  We attended 3 different shows for the Joshua Tree Tour last year. Each and every time, we have purchased tickets through TM without any problems (with the exception of TM always getting bogged down and freezing up or going down), but I've always been able to purchase tickets.  So when the time came to get verified through TM, we didn't think it as a big deal, but I have since had my eyes opened...  We both got verified and we both were sent Presale Codes. I was able to purchase 2 tickets (for myself & my daughter), my roommate was able to get a seat right next to us but when she went to go and pay for her ticket she recv'ed a msg that she exceeded the maximum amount.  By talking with TM, We can only purchase a max of 4 tickets per address....  Had I known this-I would have not purchased 2 tickets during the presale and waited to take my chance on purchasing 3 tickets through the Citibank presale and the general fan presale-both of which I had recv'ed presale codes too, but because 2 tickets are already purchased at my address, I can not purchase 3 tickets together.  I'm disappointed because there are many many seats left at the venue but in the $171-325 price range-which even if I could afford to purchase these tickets, I can't because of the address situation.  TM told me to use a different address but then my cc would decline for possible fraud due to incorrect billing address.  All I need is to be able to purchase 3 tickets together.  I'd gladly give my tickets back to be able to purchase 3 together.

7 hours ago, 504jumper said:

Manohlive, I agree.  Sadly, I am beginning to realize that I am coming to the end of an era: seeing U2 live.  I have always been willing to do whatever it took to get tickets.  I’ve slept in parking lots (ZOO TV & ZOO TV Outside Broadcast) and waited in line at the venue in near 100-degree weather.  It was always a small price to pay to see them.  With each tour, ticket prices rose, my little crew of fans shrunk yet I remained the steadfast in my loyalty.  But it got harder.

Now I am at a point in life where I feel it wouldn’t be terrible if a missed a tour.  I’d be disappointed, but I believe my bucket list for U2 shows has been checked off.  I haven’t seen a show in Europe and that is the one I’d still put in the effort to try and get tickets, but if I don’t, it would be okay.

I realize that they had to partner with TM/LN if they were going to tour North America.  I don’t know how they do it in Europe/Asia/Latin America.  A band of their size couldn’t eschew an operator/organization like TM if they wanted to have the kind of tour they wanted to have.  Because of that, TM’s gonna call the shots.  I was never fond of them, going back to the days of their exorbitant Convenience Fees (early 90s), and no one I knew was fond of them either. 

Fast forward 25 years and I can happily say that I’ve seen plenty of shows.  My tour count while nowhere near some of the numbers I’ve seen in this forum, stands at a respectable 28.  Joshua Tree 2017 was the last tour I saw and might be the last tour.  If it is, I consider myself very fortunate in being able to see a band I have loved since high school, so many times.

I will always be a fan. 

As always, thanks to the Mods for keeping us informed and doing your best to calm the restless natives (I count myself as one of them). 

I wish I had not posted my comments.  I am recovering from head trauma.  I'll be fine.  Trying to keep up with all of this is exhausting.  The screens start to hurt my eyes and set off major headaches which no medicine will touch.  I lost my temper and I'm sorry for how I said what I said.  I still do not think this is the band's fault.  I do find the letter irritating, as it addresses very little.  That does not mean I don't love U2.  I would not be so upset if I did not.  I was really hoping for GAs for this tour, but such is life.  I'm glad I got seats.  I got good ones and they were only $76.  That is a lot more than most got in the initial presale.  I never meant to call whomever an idiot.  I regret saying that too.  I can't keep up with all of this and it got to me.  I'm sorry.  I wish everyone the best of luck in tomorrow's presales.  I hope you all get GAs.

7 hours ago, Manohlive said:

I don't think I'm better than anyone because I was a Prop member.  I do believe in first come first serve.  They've been whittling away at the Prop standing for some time now. I did not mind until I realized how many more people were trying for tickets which Prop members have been paying to get first crack at for a long time.  Presales are the prime selling point of fan clubs, including U2.com.  Now even Prop members are not guaranteed tickets in a presale?  That is not right.  It has nothing to do with being better.  I totally get what you mean.  In the end, when house goes to half and then to whole and the stage lights come up and the music begins...we are all equal.

Yes...you are a awesome Fan....Mano....

Yep....we are all equal when those stage lights come up and the music begins......that  magical sound breaks  all boundaries and divisiveness.....all the colors bleed into one....

This reinforces why we 'need' our GA fix....its my only way to experience a  U2 concert.....

U2 sent me a message....inviting me to the presale tomorrow. Problem is the new added shows, I have schedule conflicts and don't know how I can navigate the dates/times. I was seeking out GA for Nashville 1st time around...but not another show has been added. I have kids/school issues....and a limited potential amount  of tickets. I would love to bring them all, even my youngest.....but, will I even get 2 GA's tomorrow in the presale?

Edited by unforgettableu2

On 11/25/2017 at 9:48 AM, ESorensen said:

Here's the latest correspondence from U2.com Fan Support. I don't know what else I need to do to confirm I AM NOT A BOT, I AM NOT A SCALPER. I AM A REAL HUMAN FAN. Their response makes no sense. So tired of this nonsense: 

Thank you for reaching out to Fan Club Support. We sincerely apologize for the delay in responding, I will be glad to assist you.

I am sincerely sorry for the inconvenience. For this years presale not all paid subscribers received a code. The following information is located under HELP:

The verification process reviews U2.com subscriber accounts to identify and remove scalper and bot accounts, leaving the tickets to real human fans.

WOW !  that is one big F**king joke  & sad to see , I almost have to laugh that TicketM**ter who are the Biggest scalpers in the Game are allowed to shut people down that they are calling scalpers  & if among the Biggest bands like U2 are letting it happen , they are just laughing behind closed doors & counting all the Ca$h coming in , Only Real way to stop it is not go , if everyone stayed home the Magic would instantly happen , the Band would get right on it & all would be fair ............... that's just NOT going to happen , peopl will & do pay crazy prices , Not me ..........can't afford it & even if i could i wouldn't , I'll go to shows of bands that are not taking my wallet from me .

Taylor swift singed on to this same system & her tix go on sale in two weeks , that will NOT go well , TicektM**ter are sending out pre "interview surveys" to qualify people  they want to know how many tix you intend on buying , would you buy VIP , where do you WANT to sit & how much will you pay per seat .......  also they have a system with the more merch & albums you buy the "better your chances may be" in line for tix ..............this is only going to get worse ....

A comment regarding Guy Oseary's response - who the hell still uses a Blackberry?

20 hours ago, unforgettableu2 said:

Yes...you are a awesome Fan....Mano....

Thanks.  I needed that.

20 hours ago, unforgettableu2 said:

. I have kids/school issues....and a limited potential amount  of tickets. I would love to bring them all, even my youngest.....but, will I even get 2 GA's tomorrow in the presale?

Did you get any GAs?

1 hour ago, chaz said:

who the hell still uses a Blackberry?

If I had it my way, all phones would still be hanging on the wall, no screens would be in my face at shows and I would not have to worry about leaving my phone sitting somewhere.  I'm being honest, but also joking.  I couldn't care less about carrying around a device that keeps me connected to the world.  When I go out my front door, I am in the world.  My computer is ten years old or so.  My phone was ancient, but I lost it which was unfortunate because I had to shell out two hundred bucks for a new one.  I then proceeded to drop the new one in the toilet.  No bs. Yes, I am a doofus and proud of it.  Luckily, it was water resistant, because it's okay.  I hate cell phones. but that is me.  I realize a lot of people need them.  It was rather poetic, for me, that it went in the toilet.  I was happy that I had just cleaned said toilet.  I'd still use a Blackberry if I had bought one back in the day. If it ain't broke why replace it?  Again, I'm being honest but joking. I was critical of Guy yesterday.  I feel a need to defend him on this.   :)

Edited by Manohlive

45 minutes ago, Manohlive said:

Thanks.  I needed that.

Did you get any GAs?

I did....Man.....thanks for asking.

I was very lucky....because I don't know how. I actually got them despite all the technical problems/lack of GA availability ..it was like stigmata.....:)

What about you....and your current emotional status on this whole ticket process? I know its not easy to 'accept' how things have transpired. I probably wouldn't be so rational now, if I wasn't graced today....and I feel very grateful. But, I know how it feels to be empty handed or feel slighted in some way.

Edited by unforgettableu2

3 minutes ago, unforgettableu2 said:

I did....Man.....thanks for asking.

I was very lucky....because I don't know how. I actually got them despite all the technical problems/lack of GA availability ..it was like stigmata.....:)

What about you....and your current emotional status on this whole ticket process? I know its not easy to 'accept' how things have transpired. I probably wouldn't be so rational now, if I wasn't graced today....and I feel very grateful. But, I know how it feels to be empty handed or feel slighted in some way.

I bought seats for $76 in last week's presale.  I was not eligible for this presale, unfortunately.   I'm am very happy you got yours!

7 minutes ago, Manohlive said:

I bought seats for $76 in last week's presale.  I was not eligible for this presale, unfortunately.   I'm am very happy you got yours!

I know man....I remember you telling me. I'm really sorry You didn't have a chance to get GA this 2nd time around. Honestly, I didn't think I was either.....because of all the multi-factoral issues. Thanks for being happy for me...like I stated before...you are a awesome fan....true fan. I believe what comes around, goes around....you will have your day of luck....I believe. At least you got tickets,,,,and the 1st time around....that is pretty fortunate....considering all the circumstances.

7 minutes ago, Manohlive said:

18 minutes ago, unforgettableu2 said:

Thanks for being happy for me...like I stated before...you are a awesome fan....true fan. I believe what comes around, goes around....you will have your day of luck....I believe. At least you got tickets,,,,and the 1st time around....that is pretty fortunate....considering all the circumstances.

There is no need to thank me, however; you are most welcome.  Just once, I want to be up front for U2 and feel that pounding through my chest.  I'll keep checking and hopefully get GA for Chicago on May 23.  I'll check every day after the presales.  Maybe something will happen.  They usually release GAs closer to the show. With all the presale issues, they may not but I never give up and have hope. Thank you.

Edited by Manohlive

Just now, Manohlive said:

At least you got tickets,,,,and the 1st time around....that is pretty fortunate....considering all the circumstances.

I was very fortunate.  Max was very helpful, as he and the other mods have been this whole time.  How much sleep do you think they've gotten of late?  :)

22 hours ago, Jaimo said:

I really am struggling as to why the people that love U2 the most (the fans that have remained loyal to them and have continued to renew their fan club membership year after year-were only allotted 2 tickets????  I'm still scratching my head on this one.  I have been a fan club member since the Propaganda time period... 

It was always two tickets for indoor shows. I understand your frustration.  I was frustrated yesterday as I bought seats in the first presale and am not eligible for this one.  I badly wanted GAs for this tour.  Have you considered buying a single ticket in the regular sale?  Concerts are my drug.  I cannot get friends to go with me to many of them.  They think I'm nuts.  I often go alone because I need my fix.  I usually get a great seat because it's just a single ticket.  It's a gamble, but after the regular sale, you might try the box office of the venue and ask them if they could swap the tickets so all three of you could be together.  It is a gamble.  The worst case scenario is that one would sit by his or herself but once the lights go out and the music starts...it's still an awesome show and it would most likely be a fantastic seat.  Just a suggestion.  People who work in box offices are usually quite gracious when not being screamed at by someone.

1 hour ago, Manohlive said:

There is no need to thank me, however; you are most welcome.  Just once, I want to be up front for U2 and feel that pounding through my chest.  I'll keep checking and hopefully get GA for Chicago on May 23.  I'll check every day after the presales.  Maybe something will happen.  They usually release GAs closer to the show. With all the presale issues, they may not but I never give up and have hope. Thank you.

Yes...Man...don't give up...

As I told you, I am originally from Chicago....my most favorite place to see U2. Who knows they might add another show....for Chicago has had up to  4 or 5 shows. U2 loves Chicago....always on fire, when they play there.  Who knows...I've probably met/seen you before in the GA line. And yes, there is always tickets the day of....i've witnessed mostly by other fans. I'm so jealous you are seeing them in chicago....but yes.....GA/front row....is the most transcendent way to see a U2 concert......

My spirit will be with you!:)

On 11/23/2017 at 10:00 AM, slimtah said:

I am utterly disgusted at this point.  I got this email last night and I feel defeated.  I thought I had some glimmer of hope to get tickets for the additional dates.  I am basically being shut out of any opportunity of getting tickets. I have been a fan since Propaganda and have made sure I renew my membership.  They want to ensure that true fans get an opportunity to get tickets but I am seeing  tickets being sold for ridiculous prices on sites such as stub hub, seat geek, etc.  I thought I did everything right I renewed my subscription in September.  When I learned about this tour my set was complete and I got the innocence group which again I was ok with.  The Day of the presale anxious awaiting for a code and nothing.  I called & emailed and was told it was a lottery and I was not chosen.  The saw in a statement that U2 management stated there was no lottery.  Now I get this?!?!?  This is the first tour I may not be able to get a ticket and I have been a fan for years.  

230632BF-B55D-4EA5-9BE5-E858239B6542.thumb.png.c843ea0132f32714a49a01b6e4f0232f.png

I was able to get tickets for the second round of the presale.  I want to personally thank zootopia and the U2.com team.  I am hoping that all fan club members were able to get tickets as well.  I have to say that  this was the most stressful experience in getting tickets, but I am thankful.  I hope the band and team learns from this and makes the necessary changes to ensure that fans do not have to go through such turmoil in order to get tickets.  I wish everyone luck and I am looking forward to singing along with everyone....thanks again!!!!

The fact of the matter is that the most stress and hassle free, time efficient way of getting tickets is to go through a scalper i.e. StubHub. I bought my GA tickets for LV through StubHub and ignored the text with my new presale code, not worth the time. I figure over next few years of not paying for a U2.com membership fees for me and my wife’s account it will easily cover the scalper markup. Ultimately, you’ve frustrated the fanbase turning getting tickets into the computer algorithmic equivalent of standing in line for bread in a communist country.  Well, capitalism just won. However, in the process you will have less engaged fans. 

Edited by neilz

Hi, I am writing to advise that I was told last night by U2.com that I have been identified as a scalper.  I have been a very long-time fan, back to Propaganda days.  I am devastated by this and humiliated.  I thought I was just "wait-listed" last week, but now to be told "there's nothing we can do?"  I've been paying for membership as long as I can recall.  This is hurtful beyond belief.  All because, I assume, that I HONESTLY, listed my actual address, phone number and credit card.  Which happen to be the same as my wife's.  Crazy right?  This definitely makes me a scalper.  Thanks so much for treating an uber fan this way. Way to go week 2 Guy and U2.com. 

15 minutes ago, bpadrick said:

Hi, I am writing to advise that I was told last night by U2.com that I have been identified as a scalper.  I have been a very long-time fan, back to Propaganda days.  I am devastated by this and humiliated.  I thought I was just "wait-listed" last week, but now to be told "there's nothing we can do?"  I've been paying for membership as long as I can recall.  This is hurtful beyond belief.  All because, I assume, that I HONESTLY, listed my actual address, phone number and credit card.  Which happen to be the same as my wife's.  Crazy right?  This definitely makes me a scalper.  Thanks so much for treating an uber fan this way. Way to go week 2 Guy and U2.com. 

PM'd you from other thread

No one has contacted me from U2.com to resolve my issue from the initial presale. I’ve emailed and called.  I posted multiple times in the other thread.

I cannot go to the new round of shows because they aren’t anywhere in my traveling range in May. Am I just supposed to be out of luck?

Hi! I just wanted to know if U2 is planning to have a concert in Florida in 2018? The closest location to our place is Atlanta, GA, which is 15 hours drive one way.  I just do not want to use my one-time option of buying two tickets and then receive news that U2 added a concert in Florida :):):) Thank you!

38 minutes ago, Orkhan said:

Hi! I just wanted to know if U2 is planning to have a concert in Florida in 2018? The closest location to our place is Atlanta, GA, which is 15 hours drive one way.  I just do not want to use my one-time option of buying two tickets and then receive news that U2 added a concert in Florida :):):) Thank you!

We have no info for any additional shows at this point. 

why can't i buy a ticket for Philly 2 show? I only use 1 purchase for Philly 1. . I am entitled a 2 ticket limit and you taking my other ticket away. This is bull crap. I want a refund for my membership

Can't even begin to describe how disappointed I am in the pre-sales process.  Not only was I downgraded to the "experience" group when I renewed (despite my longstanding membership) but I struggled to use my codes and ultimately when certain shows allowed me to enter, there were no GA tix left.  I'm discouraged nonetheless and struggle if any of these "checks and balances" benefit true fans.