Sign in to follow this  
manon amos

Ticketmaster CD Coupon...did you get the email?

It looks like this!

Thank you for purchasing tickets to see U2!

Your ticket to see U2 live in concert comes with a physical CD of their brand new album Songs of Experience.

Please provide us with your address to ensure you are among the first to receive the album when it becomes available on December 1, 2017.

What are you waiting for? Get your copy of U2's brand new CD now!

REDEEM

Redeem Now

I got mine the day after I purchased my tickets! Can’t wait to have the physical CD in my hands. iTunes is nice and all with its instant downloads but I really like having the actual CD. 

I did, for the two tickets I bought in the eXperience pre-sale, but not for the third I picked up in the Citi pre-sale (not that I want/need 3 CDs). 

I didn’t receive this email but I got my tickets in the general sale last Monday. Hope it comes soon. 

Sometimes it can take a while....I think I got mine when Duran Duran did this about a week after I purchased tickets.

Bought tickets through Evenko for the show here in Montreal and as of now I still have received no email for my redemption of the album. Anyone else who bought tickets for Montreal received their email yet??

Received my e-mail a week ago : Nov 21st at 17:00

Luc

5 hours ago, weston1975 said:

Bought tickets through Evenko for the show here in Montreal and as of now I still have received no email for my redemption of the album. Anyone else who bought tickets for Montreal received their email yet??

Im Montreal.My email came exactly one week after buying tickets for the first pre sale.

Just got my email today from ticketmaster for my copy of the new album. Is it only available in physical copies? I did not see any option to get it as a download. I am sure the album will not arrive this Friday and I certainly dont want to pay for it if I want to listen to it on Friday. Anyone know if maybe i overlooked something when doing my redemption?? Thanks....

29 minutes ago, weston1975 said:

Just got my email today from ticketmaster for my copy of the new album. Is it only available in physical copies? I did not see any option to get it as a download. I am sure the album will not arrive this Friday and I certainly dont want to pay for it if I want to listen to it on Friday. Anyone know if maybe i overlooked something when doing my redemption?? Thanks....

Yeah, CD was my only option as well, even though it clearly stated I could choose download or CD.  I bought 2 tickets, so was going to get one of each, but now I guess I have 2 CDs headed my way.  But I'm also wondering when the CDs will arrive as I'm hosting a small listening party at my house Friday evening.  I'll buy it off iTunes at the last minute if need be, but it would be nice to have the CD in hand by then.  Not so optimistic about that though.

5 hours ago, AMBERBOCK said:

Yeah, CD was my only option as well, even though it clearly stated I could choose download or CD.  I bought 2 tickets, so was going to get one of each, but now I guess I have 2 CDs headed my way.  But I'm also wondering when the CDs will arrive as I'm hosting a small listening party at my house Friday evening.  I'll buy it off iTunes at the last minute if need be, but it would be nice to have the CD in hand by then.  Not so optimistic about that though.

I am thinking I will just head to my local best buy and get a copy of the cd and keep the receipt. When my copy comes in the mail I will return that one to best buy with the receipt and get my money back. Something to consider!

11 hours ago, weston1975 said:

I am thinking I will just head to my local best buy and get a copy of the cd and keep the receipt. When my copy comes in the mail I will return that one to best buy with the receipt and get my money back. Something to consider!

That's a good thought, but I'm thinking Best Buy doesn't let you return an opened copy of a CD (or game or music) for your money back; it's exchange for the same item only.  So check that out before you go all in on that plan!

I'm a little confused about the physical vs download as well.

On the CD redemption screen, you can choose how many CDs you want (it defaulted to 2 for me).  I changed it to 1 so I could use the other for a download - based on the wording on ticketmaster, I believe we will receive another email after/on Dec 1 to let us redeem for a download.

But, after submitting my redemption for one CD, I was shown a screen to SHARE WITH A FRIEND where I can enter an email address.  It says, "You can share this album with 1 friend."

Is this the option to download - i.e. will it send a download link to the email address I enter here?  How and why would they give me the ability to share music for free?  @bigwave or @Max Tsukino can you get any clarification on this?

Edited by Sunpeep
  • Like 1

I never got an email... I went through Ticketmaster and it redirected me to Wells Fargo center where I bought tickets...then nothing for an cd!  frustrating.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, skapus said:

I never got an email... I went through Ticketmaster and it redirected me to Wells Fargo center where I bought tickets...then nothing for an cd!  frustrating.

same! 

I think it's just a ticketmaster bundle offer.  If you don't buy through them, no CD.  Hopefully your ticket prices were a little lower.

• Haha 1

I got the email a couple weeks ago and did the request for a physical copy. Does this mean my physical copy should arrive in the mail tomorrow?

1 hour ago, clappingsoul said:

I got the email a couple weeks ago and did the request for a physical copy. Does this mean my physical copy should arrive in the mail tomorrow?

I got a shipping notification email for my CD two days ago...was wondering if others got the same.  It's not been updating (location etc) and still showing Saturday, not tomorrow, as the delivery day.  My tickets were through AXS not Tickemaster.

9 hours ago, skapus said:

Same here. Ticketmaster or not, it was said all tickets on the tour would include the cd. We paid the same price. CD comes out tomorrow and no email.  This has been a mess on every level. I was planning to buy the deluxe anyhow, but this is all just a big FU ro the fans.

14 hours ago, uvalee said:

I got a shipping notification email for my CD two days ago...was wondering if others got the same.  It's not been updating (location etc) and still showing Saturday, not tomorrow, as the delivery day.  My tickets were through AXS not Tickemaster.

Interesting. I haven't gotten any shipping information. Thanks!

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 11:52 AM, Sunpeep said:

I'm a little confused about the physical vs download as well.

On the CD redemption screen, you can choose how many CDs you want (it defaulted to 2 for me).  I changed it to 1 so I could use the other for a download - based on the wording on ticketmaster, I believe we will receive another email after/on Dec 1 to let us redeem for a download.

But, after submitting my redemption for one CD, I was shown a screen to SHARE WITH A FRIEND where I can enter an email address.  It says, "You can share this album with 1 friend."

Is this the option to download - i.e. will it send a download link to the email address I enter here?  How and why would they give me the ability to share music for free?  @bigwave or @Max Tsukino can you get any clarification on this?

I'm a bit confused as well.

I got my email with my codes on Nov. 17, and it said digital download would be available today.

So of course first thing when I woke up, I followed the link in my email, but when I get to "select format", CD is the only option.

Is the digital download going to be available later today?

• Like 1

Tried to download this morning and got a message that said digital downloads were not available yet but keep trying. A few hours later I tried to download on my iPhone and got a message that said mobile devices were no good and I needed to be on a desktop. Finally followed the link from my desktop computer and was told that the code had already been used. This whole process is a mess!

Same thing happened to me. I feel like an idiot. I had just assumed the code would be for iTunes (or whatever music service you use). Instead it’s a zip file which of course can’t go on your iPhone. And now I’ve used my code, and it won’t let me download it.

It wouldn’t do me any good on my desktop computer anyway. 

Bah!!!