LDM

Alexa, Play the U2 Experience on Amazon Nov 29 & 30

US Start: Wednesday, 29 November 18:00 EST / 15:00 PST. Ends Thursday, 30 November23:59.

Wonder if Canada can listen to USA streaming? 

Anyone know how those of us who live in parts of the world that U2 have forgotten about can access this?

18 hours ago, LDM said:

US Start: Wednesday, 29 November 18:00 EST / 15:00 PST. Ends Thursday, 30 November23:59.

Wonder if Canada can listen to USA streaming? 

anyone been able to figure this one out? My godson in Montreal would love to hear this!

1 hour ago, toyoracer said:

Aww man, I thought it was free. I hate signing up for things, even free trials.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 1

It should be free:

It begins at 6:00 PM ET and will continue until the album is officially released on Friday. Amazon customers in the U.S., U.K., Germany and Austria will be able to access the content by visiting amazon.com/theu2experience or on the Amazon Music app. You don't have to be an Amazon Prime nor an Amazon Music Unlimited subscriber.

https://www.atu2.com/news/u2-amazon-music-offer-soe-preview-called-the-u2-experience.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, I am having trouble turning it off to go to bed!

It is really well done (love Edge's interview before Numb about how people get their information "now", back in 1993!) I hope it's still accessible somehow afterwards (or shows up somehow on u2torrents, etc.  ;-)

• Like 1

Yeah, great stuff in this. Old interview snippets, demos, etc. and a great mix of old and new music including live recordings from JT tour. Have not checked to see if those are the same ones that are included with the 2017 U2.com exclusive that are available for download now. 

I am loving it!  I love the deep mix of songs and all the interview clips. I'd like this to be available all the time!!

I wondered why it was taking forever to load.  I don't want to sign up for any free trial, thank you.  I thought this was free for U2 fans - no strings attached.  I was wrong.  Not impressed.

Don’t ever post in the forums but... I absolutely love this! If you don’t have Amazon Prime or Music, do yourself a favor and tune in through the app, or do the $0.99 trial Amazon Music subscription, totally worth it. 

Edited by Reg

I've had this on  last night and again today , am enjoying it. To me this is an Amazon stab at an artist channel similar to what Sirius / XM would do with limited run . I've already heard one of the tracks on the U2 subscriber gift  (Streets live from Washington?), You're the best thing about me live. I already had Amazon Prime and use the music service on a regular basis so this is a bonus for me....I use the stuff anyhow

1 hour ago, orange12 said:

I wondered why it was taking forever to load.  I don't want to sign up for any free trial, thank you.  I thought this was free for U2 fans - no strings attached.  I was wrong.  Not impressed.

You don't have to sign up for any free trials! You just need an amazon.com account (which is free) and say "No Thanks" for the trial.

Nope...NOT DOING IT. I have been debating Chewy.com for MONTHS, almost a year! I am not about to enter into ANOTHER RABBIT HOLE with Amazon. NOTHING IS EVER FREE. EVEN THE AIR WE BREATHE NOW. Taxes fall upon the babies the moment they take their first breath in the USA. I learned long ago, freedom is not free. Now, you cannot even stand in front of the magazine stands and sift through to determine if you would like to BUY the magazine, in THIS CASE, Amazon is the NEWSTAND, The EXPERIENCE that article. Sure give me a dollar and I will let you peak. Reminds of the mags kept the counter...Since the owner of Amazon is the richest man in the world, I am no way getting on that "band wagon". KEEP YOUR FREAKING DOLLAR! BOZO-BEZOS, THE RICHEST MAN IN THE WORLD OVER $100 BILLION FREAKING DOLLARS. TAKE A HIKE DUDE DON'T LET DOOR HIT YOU IN ASS.

It is fantastic.  Nothing really revolutionary in terms of technology on delivery but a nice mix of songs spanning the career and great interview pieces.  It is what us SiriusXM subscribers have enjoyed with Pearl Jam, Tom Petty, Springsteen and Beatles channels. and would kill for a U2 channel  If you have Echo products it is a good introduction to voice empowered on demand music which does include Pandora and other free apps but it is indeed best used if you are a Prime customer.  I have listened to probably 4 to 5 hours of it and today at work I am getting to a section that I did hear last night so my guess is that it is probably somewhere between 6 to 8 hours or content that they are going to run about 3 times.  The only thing I have heard that is "Unreleased" is the album version of The Little Things.  Although I have a bucket full of CDs arriving tomorrow I am sure I will stay up to midnight and stream the album the second they add it to the library.  Also hopeful maybe they will play it in full say at 11pm leading into the release.

I kept asking Alexa to play it , she has no idea what i'm talking about , tried from my computer all last night link was dead . Finally just got it up on the computer , been buffering for 10 minutes , i wonder if Amazon has too much traffic ........ weird .

I've been streaming it over my Samsung Note last night and this morning over Sprint network without any major issues. Only had a couple of times that it skipped backwards though that was prob more of the cell network I think than anything else.  Haven't tried it yet from the computer yet

4 hours ago, SamyTheEdge said:

You don't have to sign up for any free trials! You just need an amazon.com account (which is free) and say "No Thanks" for the trial.

Correct, I just accessed it via my amazon account.....no prime or paid account needed!