JCF

Bono Rolling Stone Interview

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/bono-u2-state-of-the-world-what-he-learned-from-almost-dying-w514442

This was a really great read!!  It's so long I need to go back and read it again. But two things came up that I found really interesting - Bono's explanation of where Summer of Love came from, the song that OneRepublic had advertised a while back as their next single. His explanation isn't exactly coherent. But it's there and explains the connection.  The other thing that I appreciated reading were his thoughts on why he cares so much about getting U2's music out into the world and onto the radio.  I know we have discussed that question a lot here in various forums.  

This is a really good interview. The only downside is that I've already seen a couple of publications jump on the "Music has gotten very girly" quote and turned it into a clickbait headline.

It was a great read, but enough about the near death experience.  If youre not going to say what it is, dont speak about it.

• Upvote 1

On 12/29/2017 at 7:52 AM, peterferris8 said:

This is a really good interview. The only downside is that I've already seen a couple of publications jump on the "Music has gotten very girly" quote and turned it into a clickbait headline.

That's too bad. I didn't like it  when I first read the line, but then when I read the next line about there being no place for male rage, and that's what much of rock has been, I understood what he was saying and it made sense. 

What is that scripture...

There is a season and a time for every purpose under heaven..

A time to be girly....😄

Seriously tho, it's always interesting to hear Bono's take on the state of the world.