Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rich T.

Your U2 Spotify Playlist

My Spotify U2 playlist is called "Rich's U2 Favorites" (just created it).   26 songs, almost no singles, just my favorite tracks in (mostly) reverse chronological order.  These are the tracks that moved me most.  I left out some contenders as well, and I made a point to leave out some of the obvious hits, since we've already heard them so much.

Do you guys have U2 playlists on Spotify, or would like to create any?

I have a playlist for U2-related songs. It mostly consists of songs that are played before U2 take the stage, songs that band members have mentioned that they like, songs like "My Mistakes were made for you" because it got featured in Adam's vlog around 360 era, etc. 

Haven't looked at the playlist but one I created would definitely have a lot of live versions of the songs. Something v special about those. Love Mothers of the Disapeared live

I have a huge U2 playlist that has most of their songs on it (except a few I really don't like). I also include covers on there too. I then have separate tour playlists which I started creating in 2015 when I was getting ready to see them for the first time on IETour, then I did the same for Joshua Tree 30. I keep an eye on setlist stats throughout the tour and put all the songs into a playlist. It makes a fun preparation - and brings back the memories once the shows are over :)

No doubt I'll soon be starting to make the EITour playlist.

I have several playlists...not on spotify though and none specific to U2. I have I think nearly all of U2's back catalog of music. I use an ipod nano to listen to music in my car. I have several playlists based on my different music moods. I have U2 integrated into a few of them. Given they take up most of my digital music collection I do leave much of it out of the playlists and integrate the album music. I admit I do leave out the songs I'm not fond of. I use playlists rather than shuffle to diversify my music listening. If I'm wanting all U2, I'll just go in and listen to an album or hit shuffle under artist selection to just hear all U2.

I generally use spotify to discover new music via the playlists. I also use the other streaming services too - iHeartRadio, Amazon Music, Pandora.

what the heck is Spotify? can't you kids just change the cd? hendrix.gif.622182d73c30374fd2883b3a989c1ac4.gif

32 minutes ago, Kristaps said:

It's like a CD, with almost any song ever recorded. :D

young people of today, always wanting everything at your fingertips straight away. 

I have to admit I get confused sometimes between which songs I do actually have on CD/MP3 and which ones I only have on Spotify! :lol:

On the upside, it has helped me find more artists' music - which I am gradually buying on CD where I can :)

CD’s?? Why couldn’t you kids just stick to vinyl. Too much effort lifting the needle and no skipping tracks. You have to make a cup of tea during the crap songs...sorry 😂🤣

Vinyl? Just learn the songs and sing them yourself! Ain't no one got time for that new age witchcraft! 

On 1/31/2018 at 4:55 AM, BigBunny said:

young people of today, always wanting everything at your fingertips straight away. 

Except for the hipsters who brought vinyl back in style with digitized record players. :D

My playlist is entitled "OH NO! NOT U2!" in honor of everyone I drive crazy with my favorite band. I have 101 of their songs on it, and I like to use the playlist to practice my singing skills.

On 26/02/2018 at 7:53 AM, Europa_Thomas said:

Except for the hipsters who brought vinyl back in style with digitized record players. :D

what's a digitized record player? :huh:

15 minutes ago, BigBunny said:

what's a digitized record player? :huh:

One that has a little LCD with a clock on it (I don't know if it's digital in any other way really because I'm not a hipster)