Sign in to follow this  
U2Community

eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour Heading To Europe

2 hours ago, doctornickriviera said:

Bit of false advertising there. Your post suggests by signing up you get ‘first access to ticket presales’

As you have 2 presale groups this is very misleading and factually incorrect..really it should say you will get day 2 access to the presale if you are not already a subscriber.

Hi Mods any chance of looking into this please. Please see my previous post 3 or four posts up.

Edited by doctornickriviera

Oh for heavens sake give the Mods a break!  He said, she said, this said this, this said that....  it’s a stressful time, it’s emotive,  we all want tickets, we don’t want ‘new’ subscribers to get first dibs, we don’t want O2 or Citi members to get first/more etc etc.... but it is what it is.  I renew my subscription in a timely manner for lots of reasons but mainly for the opportunity to have a go at getting tickets at the earliest possible opportunity within the fan club guidelines.  It’s arenas this time, 2 tickets...I knew the chances of me getting them were slimmer than usual as demand far outstrips supply but I was prepared. I’d read the FAQ’s several times, I knew what I was letting myself in for and had set up a Denmark Ticketmaster account ahead of time.  I was relieved to get tickets to Copenhagen, my code appeared within the (sleepless) night before the presale (as it has done every single other time).  No dramas, just shaking hands as I input my card details, praying it wouldn’t crash.  If I hadn’t got tickets I would have tried for another venue/seat and if it wasn’t to be, I would have been frustrated and upset and accepted my fate either way.  It’s different if you didn’t get the code in time for no valid reason, I too would feel let down but so many times question after question is raised at the mods that was listed in the FAQ or things are having holes picked in them.  I am sure all this feedback does get taken forward.   We are here because we want to see U2, it matters hugely to us, it’s our life sometimes, it takes over but I am positive that no-one is deliberately trying to mislead us or rip us off.

• Like 4

ooops ...just realised I was logged into my husbands account (BrunoDog)...he won’t be pleased that Ive had a rant on his behalf.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, mich40 said:

You are not. You can switch it over to GBP

image.png

image.png

Hi. That's the store, the subscription renewal only offered dollar for some reason. :-) Anyhoo, that boat has sailed, I will just have to pay up next time and stop being so tight!

12 hours ago, BrunoDog said:

Oh for heavens sake give the Mods a break!  He said, she said, this said this, this said that....  it’s a stressful time, it’s emotive,  we all want tickets, we don’t want ‘new’ subscribers to get first dibs, we don’t want O2 or Citi members to get first/more etc etc.... but it is what it is.  I renew my subscription in a timely manner for lots of reasons but mainly for the opportunity to have a go at getting tickets at the earliest possible opportunity within the fan club guidelines.  It’s arenas this time, 2 tickets...I knew the chances of me getting them were slimmer than usual as demand far outstrips supply but I was prepared. I’d read the FAQ’s several times, I knew what I was letting myself in for and had set up a Denmark Ticketmaster account ahead of time.  I was relieved to get tickets to Copenhagen, my code appeared within the (sleepless) night before the presale (as it has done every single other time).  No dramas, just shaking hands as I input my card details, praying it wouldn’t crash.  If I hadn’t got tickets I would have tried for another venue/seat and if it wasn’t to be, I would have been frustrated and upset and accepted my fate either way.  It’s different if you didn’t get the code in time for no valid reason, I too would feel let down but so many times question after question is raised at the mods that was listed in the FAQ or things are having holes picked in them.  I am sure all this feedback does get taken forward.   We are here because we want to see U2, it matters hugely to us, it’s our life sometimes, it takes over but I am positive that no-one is deliberately trying to mislead us or rip us off.

Yes agree. It is what it is. And alot of questions are asked that are covered in FAQ. Not all realise at first and some did not get an email flagging these points up - the mods patience is immeasurable. IMO from reading the site, a lot of angst could actually be avoided by the simple management of expectations. 

And I think all accept these are first world problems! Getting an opportunity at tickets is better than nothing.  Easy to forget that. In fairness to those who are angry, it is easier to say you would have accepted not getting a ticket and taken it on the chin when you have secured one. That said very glad to hear you have got your tickets and it worked out. And good post to inject some perspective.

Edited by Cazza

On 19/01/2018 at 5:36 PM, mich40 said:

You are not. You can switch it over to GBP

image.png

image.png

A clear PEBCAT problem.

Managed to get tickets for Manchester so I don’t need my retailer presale code anymore, I was going to give it to a friend, however someone on twitter suggested doing this would mean they’d cancel the tickets I’ve already purchased and render the code unusable...is there any truth to this does anybody know??  

14 hours ago, edmundpollard_ said:

Managed to get tickets for Manchester so I don’t need my retailer presale code anymore, I was going to give it to a friend, however someone on twitter suggested doing this would mean they’d cancel the tickets I’ve already purchased and render the code unusable...is there any truth to this does anybody know??  

There is no way for them to check, and tbh i don't think they would try to anyway.

U2 could just cut the crap and come to Finland to a small club - it would take me two minutes to arrange one for them

:P no? Well, our stadium is fixed in 2019 so U2 have time to fix them to come around. Thank you. All I Want Is You.

WE CAN'T WAIT for the first night of the TOUR!! We'll see you in Tulsa! I'm sure you're playing "Best thing about me" and "Blackout" from Songs of Experience. Any chance we can hear "Red Flag Day," "Little Things," and "Love is Bigger?" Those are destined to be classics!!! Thank you for the new album!!!