U2Community

What's Your Be Attitude?

With the #U2eiTour opening in early May, Show Designer Willie Williams and his creative team are looking to get you involved.

First up they’re looking for your Be Attitudes?
Your what?
Your Be Attitudes… inspired by these ones, the lyrics that close out 'Get Out Of Your Own Way'.

'Blessed are the arrogant for theirs is the kingdom of their own company
Blessed are the superstars for in the magnificence of their light we understand better our own insignificance
Blessed are the filthy rich for you can only truly own what you give away… like your pain...'

Who or what do you think is blessed… and why ?

Funny, wise, sharp, blunt… come up with your own Be Attitude and submit it using the link below.

Then record yourself reading it and upload that as an MP3 audio file.

Keep the length of your Be Attitude to below 25 words, and under 5MB if uploading an audio file.

We’d love to receive your Be Attitudes in your local language but, please include an English translation in brackets afterwards.

TO ENTER CLICK HERE

beattitude.jpg

Yes, I like this idea! :)

I hope they like all the entries...

It says to upload an .mp3 file, but when I clicked on "open", I didn't see mp3 as an option, so I uploaded mp4.  I guess I'll see what happens.

Wonderful idea!  Will be interesting to see what fans from around the world create.

1 hour ago, Rich T. said:

It says to upload an .mp3 file, but when I clicked on "open", I didn't see mp3 as an option, so I uploaded mp4.  I guess I'll see what happens.

I had the same thing happen to me - I can't believe it would be beyond their ability to convert mp4 to mp3 if they really liked the entry.

Anyone else having this problem?

12 hours ago, Rich T. said:

That's one mp too many!!

:wacko:

• Haha 2

I can't upload an .mp3 at 244KB...frustrating!

Wonder will this end up like the Ordinary Love thing they didn't actual follow through with for I+E tour...

2 hours ago, Martinmc said:

Wonder will this end up like the Ordinary Love thing they didn't actual follow through with for I+E tour...

This seems much simpler.  I just don't get if they want sarcastic ones like on the album or real ones.  Probably doesn't matter.

17 hours ago, Rich T. said:

16 hours ago, dmway said:

I had the same thing happen to me - I can't believe it would be beyond their ability to convert mp4 to mp3 if they really liked the entry.

Anyone else having this problem?

15 hours ago, chelseaandrus said:

I'm not able to upload anything. Not sure what to do.

15 hours ago, mediagurrl said:

Same. Unable to upload MP3, but it will take other files... like PDF. :|

4 hours ago, txq said:

I can't upload an .mp3 at 244KB...frustrating!

Could we get some kind of advice about this? Could one of the mods ask those who are in charge of this for suggestions on what to do?

Are all of our former submissions not even being considered, or have they been accepted despite most/all not being in mp3 format?

It would be nice to know - thanks in advance!

I was able to get it to work (on a mac)  by doing this - at the bottom of the form where it says "Upload your audio file here", click OPEN...    Then in the window that pops up click the OPTIONS button in the lower left.  A drop down menu should appear on the bottom in the middle.  Switch it from Custom Files, to All Files.   Once I did that, then my MP3's that had been greyed out were selectable.   

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, DeirdreBell said:

This seems much simpler.  I just don't get if they want sarcastic ones like on the album or real ones.  Probably doesn't matter.

It is interesting you use the word, sarcastic.  I had not thought of them as sarcastic.  They are very valid social commentary to me.  I can see, now that you mentioned it, where they are sarcastic.  May I ask what you mean by real ones?  I've read the announcement.  It seems to me they are giving us free reigns.  I'm  a bit confused by it all as well.  What do you mean by sarcastic versus real ones?  I'm not questioning you.  I'm intersted to know what you mean.

Edited by Manohlive

The real Beatitudes (Be Attitudes) were things like: Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the Earth. The blessings of Jesus from the Sermon on the Mount.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I'm impressed that so many have already come up with things to submit.  I'm not even close to one yet.  How'd y'all do that so quickly?  :huh:

MODS:  -Is there a limit to how many a person can submit?  (I plan on submitting three or I'll be uploading a thousand if I don't limit myself.)  Is three too many?

-What is the time frame?  By when do they need to be submitted?  I need to really think before I submit anything.  I don't want to miss the deadline.  I cannot find one.

-Any other clariifications would be appreciated.  They way the announcement is written allows ambiguity.   I love this idea.  Does it have to follow the format of, 'Blessed are...'?  Do those words need to be used?  

Edited by Manohlive
  • Like 1

Just now, ramsatw said:

The real Beatitudes (Be Attitudes) were things like: Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the Earth. The blessings of Jesus from the Sermon on the Mount.

Yes.  I'm very familiar with the real Beatitudes.  You mentioned wondering if they want sarcastic versus real ones.  That is where I'm confused.  

Blessed are the drummers for they will never have the burden of leading a band.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Manohlive said:

Yes.  I'm very familiar with the real Beatitudes.  You mentioned wondering if they want sarcastic versus real ones.  That is where I'm confused.  

I’m a goat so I only know bleatitudes.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, surferdad said:

Blessed are the drummers for they will never have the burden of leading a band.

Dave Grohl?  :o  I'm just joking, surferdad.

Edited by Manohlive

2 hours ago, Manohlive said:

You mentioned wondering if they want sarcastic versus real ones.  That is where I'm confused.  

That wasn't me.

I was just guessing at the answer to your question. 

• Haha 1

Still coming up with mine.

Regarding what to submit, I think this is an anything goes type thing. Theyll consider it all.

I dont think the beattitudes were sarcastic I would say more satire & thought-provoking. 

7 hours ago, ramsatw said:

That wasn't me.

I was just guessing at the answer to your question. 

I'm sorry.  Oi.  I'm such a doofus, but it's fun.  I catch up eventually!