Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

adamhughes34

POP is the greatest U2 album of ALL TIME

:D I don't know if it's the greatest but it's definitely underappreciated. It's pretty f brilliant. 

do you think it's a joke how the songs from it never get played live anymore? i mean i LOVE U2 so much... but they seem to be predictable setlist these last two tours. 

I think we are going to get some great stuff this go around! ? I'm very excited about it.  I would die, dead, for If God Would Send Angels.  Gone may very well be played.  Staring at the Sun would be so appropriate now...

i wanna hear If God Will Send His Angels and Do You Feel Loved. 

I'm also LOVING Zooropa a lot these days, i dunno why but i tend to have different feelings about U2 albums at different times... does that make sense? the song Zooropa i can't stop listening to. 

Not the best U2 album, but a fine album, and some standout tracks that I wish they would have incorporated into the SoE tour:  "Please" and "Gone".

19 hours ago, Rich T. said:

Not the best U2 album, but a fine album, and some standout tracks that I wish they would have incorporated into the SoE tour:  "Please" and "Gone".

do you feel that U2 setlist have become stale?

don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that i didn't have an amazing time at the I&E shows a Joshua Tree anniversary tour.... but it's, to me, too much 80s stuff. 

19 hours ago, Fuzzyduck said:

:AB:my choice 

love that album... find myself listening to live versions of those songs more than the studio versions though. 

5 hours ago, adamhughes34 said:

do you feel that U2 setlist have become stale?

don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that i didn't have an amazing time at the I&E shows a Joshua Tree anniversary tour.... but it's, to me, too much 80s stuff. 

I never think U2 is getting stale, and I enjoyed the JT tour as a one-off look back.  But generally I like to hear new stuff, or "rediscovered" old stuff.   What I think is stale is when the "play the hits" in the second half of the show (like happened with the I+E tour in 2015).  I don't need to hear SBS, One, Pride, WTSHNM, WOWY, etc on this tour.  Even  "I Will Follow" and "Bad" have been done to death by now.   And I am really tired of the early-2000s staples (Vertigo, Beautiful Day).  I'm hopeful that there will be less of that on the new tour.  They still need to flesh out 23 songs per night, and will turn many fans off if they ONLY play stuff from the new album and last album, with none of the traditional hits.  But I wish they would anyway.  :-)   I like the choice of incorporating tracks that haven't seen the light of day (much) on tour in many years.

In the end, it's their band and their tour, and they'll do what seems right to them.  I've never yet been successful in "willing" them to play just what I would like to hear in a set list.

5 hours ago, adamhughes34 said:

love that album... find myself listening to live versions of those songs more than the studio versions though. 

The YouTube video of "Love is Blindness" (Sydney 1993) is maybe my favorite music video of all time.  It's The Edge at his finest.  That would be awesome if they brought back that performance to the new tour.

On 20/04/2018 at 5:05 PM, Rich T. said:

I never think U2 is getting stale, and I enjoyed the JT tour as a one-off look back.  But generally I like to hear new stuff, or "rediscovered" old stuff.   What I think is stale is when the "play the hits" in the second half of the show (like happened with the I+E tour in 2015).  I don't need to hear SBS, One, Pride, WTSHNM, WOWY, etc on this tour.  Even  "I Will Follow" and "Bad" have been done to death by now.   And I am really tired of the early-2000s staples (Vertigo, Beautiful Day).  I'm hopeful that there will be less of that on the new tour.  They still need to flesh out 23 songs per night, and will turn many fans off if they ONLY play stuff from the new album and last album, with none of the traditional hits.  But I wish they would anyway.  :-)   I like the choice of incorporating tracks that haven't seen the light of day (much) on tour in many years.

In the end, it's their band and their tour, and they'll do what seems right to them.  I've never yet been successful in "willing" them to play just what I would like to hear in a set list.

for me, the 80s stuff is played out. The singles anyway, would love to hear some album tracks such as Heart Land live. 

On 20/04/2018 at 5:09 PM, Rich T. said:

The YouTube video of "Love is Blindness" (Sydney 1993) is maybe my favorite music video of all time.  It's The Edge at his finest.  That would be awesome if they brought back that performance to the new tour.

i would LOVE THAT.

Although i'm assuming they're saying stuff like that for the Achthung Baby Anniversary tour. 

On 4/22/2018 at 2:50 AM, adamhughes34 said:

for me, the 80s stuff is played out. The singles anyway, would love to hear some album tracks such as Heart Land live. 

It's funny you mentioned "Heartland".  No one ever mentions that song, but I too have sometimes yearned to hear that one live.  However, I think it's too "slow" for a concert setting, and the bass would need to really shine through.  I would love it, but never expect U2 to perform it.

On 4/22/2018 at 2:51 AM, adamhughes34 said:

i would LOVE THAT.

Although i'm assuming they're saying stuff like that for the Achthung Baby Anniversary tour. 

If there will ever actually be an Achtung Baby tour.  I'm hoping that THIS tour will include some choice selections from AB, and I've heard it will.

POP is my least favourite U2 album and although I dislike Gone and LNOE I am surprised tracks from POP aren’t played live.

I wouldn’t mind MOFO, IGWSHA and Please being played live.

much prefer tracks from Zooropa being played live though.

If there will ever actually be an Achtung Baby tour.  I'm hoping that THIS tour will include some choice selections from AB, and I've heard it will.

there's NO WAY they don't do the Acthung Baby Anniversary tour. 

if i had my way, and i don't, i would love them to do Zoo TV again for it. 

15 hours ago, adrnik said:

POP is my least favourite U2 album and although I dislike Gone and LNOE I am surprised tracks from POP aren’t played live.

I wouldn’t mind MOFO, IGWSHA and Please being played live.

much prefer tracks from Zooropa being played live though.

Mofo i love but it wouldn't kill me not to hear it. If God Would Send His Angels would I freak out if they played it live. 

It's funny you mentioned "Heartland".  No one ever mentions that song, but I too have sometimes yearned to hear that one live.  However, I think it's too "slow" for a concert setting, and the bass would need to really shine through.  I would love it, but never expect U2 to perform it.

i honestly will never understand the point of a band putting a song on an album to never play it live. 

I mean, why release it?