Sign in to follow this  
Max Tsukino

Las Vegas Live Thread #U2eiTour

5 minutes ago, Max Tsukino said:

I can't make out the title - can anyone see it?

Sorry the site isn't quoting things again... :rolleyes:

Edited by dmway

4 minutes ago, dmway said:

I can't make out the title - can anyone see it?

Sorry the site isn't quoting things again... :rolleyes:

too blurry to be zoomed, I'm afraid... =|

(mysteries of the board... will report it)

• Thanks 1

U2 eXPERIENCE + INNOCENCE TOUR 2018

May 12, 2018    Las Vegas, NV    T-Mobile Arena

1. Love Is All We Have Left
  2. The Blackout
  3. Lights of Home
  4. I Will Follow
  5. Gloria | Gloria (snippet)
  6. Beautiful Day
  7. The Ocean
  8. Iris (Hold Me Close)
  9. Cedarwood Road
  10. Sunday Bloody Sunday | When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet)
  11. Raised By Wolves
  12. Until The End Of the World

iNTERMISSION: Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me

13. Elevation (Influx Mix)
  14. Vertigo | The Jean Genie (snippet)
  15. Desire
  16. Acrobat
  17. You're The Best Thing About Me
  18. Staring at The Sun
  19. Pride (In the Name of Love)
  20. Get Out Of Own Way
  21. American Soul
  22. City of Blinding Lights
  23. One | Invisible (snippet)
  24. Love is Bigger Than Anything in its Way
  25. 13 (There is a Light)

Sources: mixlr.com/mrsmullenjr/ | mixlr.com/jim-murray/ | mixlr.com/paul-ostrin | mixlr.com/sil-rigote--2/ | mixlr.com/u2brothr/ | mixlr.com/beautifulday36/ | mixlr.com/dreamoutloud | mixlr.com/u2songs | Several Periscope Streams | http://u2gigs.com

• Like 1

Okay, so I have a bit of a beef with the band.

They played really well tonight. Sounded great.

BUT!!!

Not only did they not play anything different from Night One, they actually cut a song (Red Flag Day) from the night one setlist. WTF?

I didn’t expect a whole new set or even a large number of changes, but nothing? Why would they do that? It doesn’t make any sense to me.

I’m glad we went and we had a good time, but come on. They’ve played NYD and Wild Horses in other cities. They rehearsed The Showman. Throw us a bone here. 

I don’t like it when we lose songs (especially Red Flag Day which I’ve not seen live yet!) but it was a great show. Our seats were fantastic and the kiddo had a good time. Now sleep. 

15 hours ago, ramsatw said:

Okay, so I have a bit of a beef with the band.

They played really well tonight. Sounded great.

BUT!!!

Not only did they not play anything different from Night One, they actually cut a song (Red Flag Day) from the night one setlist. WTF?

I didn’t expect a whole new set or even a large number of changes, but nothing? Why would they do that? It doesn’t make any sense to me.

I’m glad we went and we had a good time, but come on. They’ve played NYD and Wild Horses in other cities. They rehearsed The Showman. Throw us a bone here. 

It's speculation but maybe they are still working out the kinks from performing it live the previous evening?  If you watch that live video of them performing it-they are really concentrating on their playing.  Edge and Adam barely look up from their fingering.  Maybe someone(s) want to work something out before they do it again.  Why not another one?  Conjecture again...maybe to give Bono one less song to sing.  I've no idea.  Sorry you were disappointed.  How was the show otherwise?

The show was fantastic. I’m not complaining about the performance at all.

I would have liked a little more variety, that’s all.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, allad1nsane00 said:

One Love. 

B279D50D-7426-4F7E-939F-0E0EC461238C.jpeg

OK - here is visual proof that the Be-Attitudes are in the show, after GOOYOW and before "American Soul".

How are they in the show?

2 hours ago, ramsatw said:

The show was fantastic. I’m not complaining about the performance at all.

I would have liked a little more variety, that’s all.

I didn't think you were complaining; not at all.  I want Wild Horses and Little Things.  It is what is is, however; I did not see your comment as negative..  I'm bummed they took October off the list.  Such are the hazards of knowing previous set lists for shows, I guess.  

Edited by Manohlive

3 hours ago, Manohlive said:

I didn't think you were complaining; not at all.  I want Wild Horses and Little Things.  It is what is is, however; I did not see your comment as negative..  I'm bummed they took October off the list.  Such are the hazards of knowing previous set lists for shows, I guess.  

I made it out to Vegas Night Two from Sacramento, and it was a really special performance, better than San Jose in my opinion.  BUT...  no Red Flag Day hurt me, especially after it was played Night One, which I didn't see.  I speculated that it was dropped to generate more time for Bono to talk, seeing as he did seem to talk more than usual.

I was hoping they'd fill the "missing" song slot by putting back Wild Horses on the back end, but no such luck.

One thing I have noticed is that, with the exception of Acrobat, I much prefer the first half of the set to the second half, even though I still enjoy the second half.

And yes, I wish that Little Things could find its way into the current tour.   I mean, I could put together my own dream set list, with about 5 songs swapped out, but Little Things should be a no-brainer for the SoE tour.

Edited by Rich T.

4 hours ago, Rich T. said:

I mean, I could put together my own dream set list, with about 5 songs swapped out, but Little Things should be a no-brainer for the SoE tour.

Yes. Yes. Yes.   I am very surprised they are not doing it.  Same with 5 songs.  I'd replace The Ocean with Gone.  The only other part of the first half I'm not sure of is I Will Follow.  It was just okay for TJT but it was the final song of the show. Being in a stadium, people starting leaving early in larger numbers.  (argh) It's still U2 so I loved it but it doesn't make sense to me after The Lights of Home. It will be interesting to see how they do that. (no spoilers, please)  Indoors that song is so different and with the screen it must make sense.  I'd rather hear another song.  I'd like to see Landlady take the same role that Song for Someone had in the SOI tour.so take out I Will Follow and I like the first half for my dream setlist.  I love it ending with Until the End of the World.

Second half:   Take out Staring at the Sun; put Little Things before GOOYOW. .  Put Wild Horses before COBL.  That's a great second half for me.  I would like Crumbs over COBL but I'd like Miracle Drug even more.  I wonder if it's fairly easy or difficult for them to come up with the setlist.  Oh to be a fly on the wall.  Oops...Now I want The Fly too. and it should somehow go with Acrobat.  How many songs is that?  Why isn't the show four and a half hours like Bruce?  I'm just joking.but now I want October put back into the show somehow too and what about Zoo Station because Vertigo was how many years ago and I haven't heard it since so I want Zoo Station, darn it and What about All I Want Is You?  They did it on the BBC!   I'm just kidding but serious at the same time.  Four and a half hours, please.  I'll wait for thirty minutes so you can rest but can you sign my Joshua Tree vinyls?  Each could sign his own and that would be sweet. I'll send them backstage so you don't have to fret about meeting me.   Okay.  NOW I have my dream show.  My gosh.  That was exhausting.  I need to go lie down and take some Tylenol.  I'm just kidding.

think I'll just hope and beg and plead the powers that be over U2 shows while being very, very thankful if they do Little Things and Wild Horses.  

Edited by Manohlive

4 hours ago, Manohlive said:

What about All I Want Is You

I was REALLY hoping to hear that this tour, too. The BBC performance got my hopes up. Drop All Because of You, and then add All I Want is You. :) 

It sure is fun to do that....I was doing other stuff and coming back to my post for about three hours last night/early morning before I could narrow it down, make it at least a bit cohesive and decide which songs.  It's our dream setlist according to their established one for this tour.  It's been a while since I've heard Gone.  I love that song live.   Anyhow-now you know what I was trying to precipitate.  In no way did I see your comment as negative.  It's all good and fun in the end.

Edited by Manohlive

21 hours ago, allad1nsane00 said:

Love is bigger than anything in its way. 

AE1529EB-D7ED-4A42-930C-1887103111B2.jpeg

Can someone please tell me the story behind this picture?   Also, did someone propose on the stage for this show?  If so, does anyone know if it is the gentleman who had it in his profile status update (or whatever they care called) who go to do it?  The discotechque hat guy was on the Paris IE show, yes?  He must be looking at/putting on her ring, so I presume they got engaged?  

Edited by Manohlive