Canadanne

MacPhisto fansite

11 hours ago, dmway said:

Be sure your camera/phone has enough room for all the pictures/videos you will be taking!

Nope, I'm always careful not to take too many photos and I would never record videos at a U2 show - I want to appreciate the moment while it's happening!

• Brilliant 1

5 hours ago, Canadanne said:

Nope, I'm always careful not to take too many photos and I would never record videos at a U2 show - I want to appreciate the moment while it's happening!

A very good strategy - I was the same way at my shows. A nice assortment of pictures, but no videos.

It took me a while, but I've now finished updating this page with everything that's happened since 2016. I may have a bit more to add once I've seen the EI Tour for myself (I have so far only watched MacPhisto's speeches and avoided all the songs!), but hopefully I've covered all the main stuff.

Includes:
-- the Shadow Man
-- the news I have always dreamed of reporting (but never expected to)
-- the intermission video
-- the Showman and his magic mirror
-- the delights/horrors (delete as applicable) of his new digital face
-- developments over the course of the tour
-- how and why he's different from the "old" MacPhisto
and other bits & pieces.

TL;DR: MacPhisto is back and still the best thing ever! YAY! :D

Oh yeah, I put a new pic on the transcripts page as well. :)

• Brilliant 1

On 7/26/2018 at 9:47 PM, Canadanne said:

It took me a while, but I've now finished updating this page with everything that's happened since 2016. I may have a bit more to add once I've seen the EI Tour for myself (I have so far only watched MacPhisto's speeches and avoided all the songs!), but hopefully I've covered all the main stuff.

Includes:
-- the Shadow Man
-- the news I have always dreamed of reporting (but never expected to)
-- the intermission video
-- the Showman and his magic mirror
-- the delights/horrors (delete as applicable) of his new digital face
-- developments over the course of the tour
-- how and why he's different from the "old" MacPhisto
and other bits & pieces.

TL;DR: MacPhisto is back and still the best thing ever! YAY! :D

Oh yeah, I put a new pic on the transcripts page as well. :)

Thank you for these! ?

41 minutes ago, seresere said:

He's coming...! *_*

It sounds that way... eeeeee! :D

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Afliktor said:

omg!!! @Canadanne, I totally reviewed your website way back in 2016 on my blog! http://u2canhappentoanyone.tumblr.com/post/143426024981/macphisto-centre-stage So awesome that you're updating it for the current tour, and glad you're sharing it with the U2 tribe!! :MacPhisto_01:?

I remember it well, it's the nicest feedback I've ever had! Thank you again!! Great to see you on here too. :)

Just finished updating the transcripts page with this evening's utterly fantastic speech. :D I thought this was going to be such a bad year, but it's turned out to be the year my impossible dream came true - and it's still getting better! ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

I still need to update some other parts of the website, but you can now enjoy every single MacPhisto speech in text, audio or video form here (with references explained, if you need it). Thanks so much to all the streamers and tapers and filmers for letting us hear these!  I'd love to know which ones were your favourites. If I really had to choose, I think I'd go with Philadelphia 1 from North America and Madrid 1 from Europe. :)

To the band, Marc, and everyone else who helped to make this happen - I can never thank you enough for what you have given me over the past few months. Enough joy to last a lifetime. ❤️ Now I can officially stop whining about the lack of MacPhisto references on every tour!

• Brilliant 1

2 hours ago, Canadanne said:

I still need to update some other parts of the website, but you can now enjoy every single MacPhisto speech in text, audio or video form here (with references explained, if you need it). Thanks so much to all the streamers and tapers and filmers for letting us hear these!  I'd love to know which ones were your favourites. If I really had to choose, I think I'd go with Philadelphia 1 from North America and Madrid 1 from Europe. :)

To the band, Marc, and everyone else who helped to make this happen - I can never thank you enough for what you have given me over the past few months. Enough joy to last a lifetime. ❤️ Now I can officially stop whining about the lack of MacPhisto references on every tour!

Thank you for the update! 😎

I have to agree with your recommendation of Philly 1 from the North American shows - I was at that one and MacPhisto was extra-infernal that night! :MacPhisto_05:

Been reading them and I am very thankful I can.  The difference between reading the transcript and watching the vid is interesting.  

On 11/17/2018 at 8:29 PM, Canadanne said:

[...]

I agree with you! ^_^
Thank you so much for your wonderful work!! 😊
It's very hard to choose because every speech is special but I've to mention:
Montreal 1 for the American Leg
Paris 1 (about the climate change)
And... Milan 2 (about... Mussolini), of course! For Europe

MacPhisto is so brilliant! 🤩 😍

:MacPhisto_02::Bananaphisto: