U2ITNOL

U2 playing SiriusXM show at Apollo Theater June 11th

11 minutes ago, bigwave said:

looks like we have a few winners in this thread and some I have seen on twitter.. maybe that cafe might make a good spot for a fan photo or 2 and a cuppa before the winners head over to the Apollo (just around the corner by looks of it...)

Worth starting a 'who wants to meet up at the angelofharlem cafe' thread for those with tickets? turn it into a live thread afterwards?

I like turning it into a live thread - I plan to not have my phone out during the show but I'm happy to report and discuss afterwards!

Regarding area I live - California. So no, all of the winners weren't East Coast or Tri-State and yes, I booked airfare with a weeks notice happily :)

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

The Harlem Tavern is on 116th Street I& 8th Avenue/Frederick Douglass Blvd (outdoor &I indoor seating) , and

Angel of Harlem Restaurant 2272 Frederick Douglass Blvd, corner of 122nd Street.  

Edited by angelofharlem4u2

15 minutes ago, dreamingoutloud11 said:

I live in Harlem, and didn't win. I don't think that they check addresses. I really thought this might finally get my daughter and myself in to see them. We haven't been able to afford tickets since the 360 Tour. Congrats to all the winners!! Have an amazing time!!

War tour was $5, UF was $13.50

I just looked at my tickets for tomorrow - $475.  My wife is going to kill me!

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, bigwave said:

looks like we have a few winners in this thread and some I have seen on twitter.. maybe that cafe might make a good spot for a fan photo or 2 and a cuppa before the winners head over to the Apollo (just around the corner by looks of it...)

Worth starting a 'who wants to meet up at the angelofharlem cafe' thread for those with tickets? turn it into a live thread afterwards?

FYI...I hear there’s a meetup there pre show 4p...

Edited by cmripa

When does the Siriusxm giveaway end?  Today?  What’s the call in number for the contest? 

21 hours ago, lukylsp said:

Calling in to Sirius when they played AOH.

Congrats!  

2 hours ago, cmripa said:

We are northern Mass...outside of Boston. We joined a FB group of winners and seems lots are flying in so def ppl around the US. We’ll b driving early am and staying in Times Sq Monday nt

PM the group please :)

1 hour ago, kbhatt said:

When does the Siriusxm giveaway end?  Today?  What’s the call in number for the contest? 

For the sake of my sanity I really wish that it would end today. 😫 I don't know how many more days I can go with 4 hours of sleep. While staying in my pajamas is nice I would really like to take a shower and not feel anxious that I'm missing my opportunity to try and win. Not to mention I literally have gotten NOTHING done this entire week. My list of errands and things to do is now a mile long!

When does this thing end?? I can't find the rules online.

10 minutes ago, popfly said:

For the sake of my sanity I really wish that it would end today. 😫 I don't know how many more days I can go with 4 hours of sleep. While staying in my pajamas is nice I would really like to take a shower and not feel anxious that I'm missing my opportunity to try and win. Not to mention I literally have gotten NOTHING done this entire week. My list of errands and things to do is now a mile long!

When does this thing end?? I can't find the rules online.

I thought someone said 6/08 (so today) would be the last day of the call-in contest. I could be wrong - someone correct me if I am.

I'm listening to the app and the ad about listening and calling in is still being played.  I'm down with a last minute flight if necessary. :) I'm getting really good at managing work projects and taking business calls with music playing. 👍  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lukylsp said:

I like turning it into a live thread - I plan to not have my phone out during the show but I'm happy to report and discuss afterwards!

Regarding area I live - California. So no, all of the winners weren't East Coast or Tri-State and yes, I booked airfare with a weeks notice happily :)

thanks for starting the meet up / live thread 

http://zootopia.u2.com/forums/topic/39452-u2-apollo-theater-meet-up-thread/

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Does anyone know what time the show is scheduled to start on Monday night? 

Thanks!

Doors open at 7 pm, show starts at 8 pm.

Thank you very much! I figured that might be the case, but I wanted to plan a bit for Monday evening. If it wasn't going to kick off until 9, I'd have to make other arrangements. :)

You're welcome! 🙂

Haha my 9yo just said, “I really want you to win, but my brain kind of hurts from listening to these songs for so long.”

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Who else is still listening in case they play it a 3rd time?

• Like 1

I don't think they are going to play it again, have they played it after 10pm EST even once during the contest?

1 hour ago, lynn_klein said:

I don't think they are going to play it again, have they played it after 10pm EST even once during the contest?

Not while I’ve been listening. The latest was 8pm CST. But I can’t turn it off. Mainly because I enjoy singing along. 😄

Can't believe they just played the promo again, 10 minutes before it ends

I admire eveyone's tenacity.  I'd be doing the same if I could fly to New York last minute.  I hope you all somehow win.

I listed till 1am EST but then adulating took over, realized my kids had a 5 hour sleep head start on me and we have U2 tonight.  
Going to need a nap to get through the day

Congrats to all who won, enjoy the show!