Sign in to follow this  
U2ITNOL

U2 playing SiriusXM show at Apollo Theater June 11th

Just now, lynn_klein said:

That wasn't it, its when they play the song.  Now we just need the number to work!

That's what I thought but paranoia started to set in. LOL. But yeah, I haven't heard it. I was hoping that since they recently played the message then it might be sometime tonight... I'd love to go. I'm in NYC just a train ride away. :)

So nobody else got an email for that second draw through SiriusxM??

2 minutes ago, ballardmama said:

They played it around 1pm PST. I have tried to call in a few times but never get through. Man, I’d give anything to see this show. But what AWESOME songs they’ve been playing. My kids are sick of me saying “I can’t believe they’re playing THIS!”  Why has this never been a permanent XM channel? Incredible three days. 

ARGH I must have just missed it. I  was at a college graduation party from 12-4 and was only half listening

I'm giving up for the night, will start again at 7am tomorrow

I agree that whomever is curating the channel is doing a great job. Good b-sides, live cuts and album songs. I’m sad it’s only live for a month. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lukylsp said:

I agree that whomever is curating the channel is doing a great job. Good b-sides, live cuts and album songs. I’m sad it’s only live for a month. 

After listening for the last three days and hearing such deep cuts, I’m curious who’s choosing the songs.  Clearly it’s someone who knows their stuff!  XM has extended some of their limited run channels, like Prince and Billy Joel awhile back. Hopefully there will be demand to keep this running past one month. 

They also played it around 3:50pm est today, I was cooking and tried 50x but couldn’t get through. 

• Like 1

As far as I know, I’ve been listening all day with the exception of a minute here and there when my headphones/phones died today. 

Warning guys, I wouldn't count on the app to win.  Was listening in my car and turned on the app as I got out.

Car radio - Desire was finishing up

App - Desire was just starting

3 minutes ago, lynn_klein said:

Warning guys, I wouldn't count on the app to win.  Was listening in my car and turned on the app as I got out.

Car radio - Desire was finishing up

App - Desire was just starting

Interesting.  Someone on this thread won by listening through the app.  Keep in mind that the app sometimes buffers.  You may not have been running live at that time.

Was connected to wifi and live.  I double checked because I was so surprised by the lag

5 minutes ago, lynn_klein said:

Was connected to wifi and live.  I double checked because I was so surprised by the lag

It must have been been a lag on the Sirius side at that time.

the app does buffer, including across devices like say phone to pc.  Be sure to hit GoLive every once and awhile to make sure you are as close to up to date as possible.  Indeed I can wear headphones all day, but I can't drive around all day.

Anyone know when the U2.com winners are being announced? 

1 hour ago, sm2112 said:

Anyone know when the U2.com winners are being announced? 

The deadline for entering here is 5 pm Eastern Time today. Since the show is next Monday, they won't be able to linger very long in informing people, esp. if any winners would be traveling cross-country.

My best educated guess would be tomorrow, but, failing that, it realistically couldn't be later than Thursday - people have to have enough lead time to make arrangements to come. That's true even for potential winners who live more locally.

I agree that it would be nice to get word when it will be too - as soon as possible.

Remember if you don't have tickets or win tickets somehow it is still possible to get into the show - we did just that for the Guns n Roses one last year. You just need to put in the time waiting and it certainly helps to befriend someone from the SiriusXM staff many of whom will be floating around all day outside the Apollo. It's a chance worth taking IMO. Although with a two week old baby at home we'll probably skip it this year -

whats the number to call? ive heard the announcement 4 or 5 times but catch it after they announce the phone number. 

1 (877) 456-2888

Regarding the lag: yeah, we won via the app at home. I couldnt tell you the lag at the time but I'm sure there's different buffering going on based on time of day, traffic etc.

Also note that my husband physically dialed the number. When he tried just hitting "re-dial" on his phone, the line just went busy.

I hope that helps, good luck to everyone - it would be great if more Zootopians here won!!

• Like 1

Has anyone won by calling in yet?

I won this morning, they took all my information and said someone from promo department would get back to me sometime today. I havent heard anything yet..........

3 minutes ago, couch said:

Has anyone won by calling in yet?

I won this morning, they took all my information and said someone from promo department would get back to me sometime today. I havent heard anything yet..........

What time did you win?  

The U2 member contest says it ends on 6/3 in one spot, (below where terms and conditions are) and 6/4 in another. (in the body of explaining the contest.)

2 minutes ago, kassie67 said:

The U2 member contest says it ends on 6/3 in one spot, (below where terms and conditions are) and 6/4 in another. (in the body of explaining the contest.)

Yes - there was a typo in two spots originally. They corrected the more visible one in the body of the message and missed the one at the very bottom.

The deadline is today.

5 minutes ago, dmway said:

Yes - there was a typo in two spots originally. They corrected the more visible one in the body of the message and missed the one at the very bottom.

The deadline is today.

Thanks! Saves me from checking my email until at least after 5 pm, ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yet ANOTHER contest to get into the Apollo show - just posted on the U2 FB page so get on your vintage shirts and get going. I love that they posted this so fast that they didn't update the copy in the post regarding the end time and date, ha!

See U2 live at the Apollo Theatre Monday June 11. Follow @U2 and post a photo of yourself in a vintage U2 shirt from your Facebook account with the hashtag #U2ApolloEntry for your chance to win a pair of tickets. By uploading a photo, you agree to the Rules: https://livemu.sc/ApolloEntryRules

NO PURCH REQ’D. Legal residents U.S., 18+. Ends [time zone] on [date]. Void where prohibited. Travel, parking, hotel not included. SPONSOR: U2
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.

Edited by lukylsp