Sign in to follow this  
skeegan68

Red Zone handicap access

So...I broke my foot a couple of weeks ago and have 4 shows coming up, only the last one is seated. I’m in a CAM boot, the one that looks like a storm trooper  

I have this scooter to use ?—it’s relatively light and compact and you kneel on it and it can go over rough terrain. 

I have RZ2 for the Nassau Coliseum show 6/9, I have regular GA for the middle two shows (6/25 and 6/26 MSG) and VIP Party package for the last MSG show on 7/1 which will not be a problem as it’s seated. I’m prepared to get rid of my middle two shows in regular GA if need be...but my main dilemma is:

I’ve been told from the venue that it’s fine in the Red Zone, but in theory “allowed” vs real life are two vastly different things. I have never gotten RZ tickets before and was crushed at the timing of my injury. Has anyone maneuvered one of these at a show? Or crutches, a wheelchair etc? I guess I could rent a wheelchair for the day and kneel on it but truthfully this is smaller, easier to move and takes up less space and folds. I don’t want to annoy fellow fans but I don’t want to miss the show and it’s sold out. 

Any experiences, thoughts or opinions (please be kind, I’m already sad and frustrated)? Mods, if you want to weigh in that would be great. @Max Tsukino @bigwave @mich40

thanks. 

Sue

FA74F02B-1CDD-449F-B420-1BAA4765BB2F.jpeg

Edited by skeegan68
Add mods

I would agree with your venue. I have personally seen people who are wheelchair bound at shows and would think that your scooter would not be a problem. There’s plenty of moving room in GA and RedZone, as long as you’re not trying to get on the rail with it. I’m assuming you will have someone with you to make sure no one accidentally topples you?

Yes, I will have my husband with me ?

thanks. I just wanted to put it out there and see if everyone would yell, “ noooooo! You’re gonna be in the way”! I’m trying to buy VIP seats and will sell the RZ to a friend it on the swap if necessary. 

I’m bummed, I’ve done the 10 hour GA line for the rail and was hoping to be on the rail in RZ this year ☹️  Oh well. 

probably something else that should be thrown into the equation is your full recovery... while it could be tempting to be on the rail at any cost perhaps, in the long run, it couldn't help to that goal or even be harmful...

17 minutes ago, Max Tsukino said:

probably something else that should be thrown into the equation is your full recovery... while it could be tempting to be on the rail at any cost perhaps, in the long run, it couldn't help to that goal or even be harmful...

Thanks, exactly what my husband said.  I just had my first follow up xray today and my doc said I can absolutely go as long as I use the scooter or other device to keep me from bearing weight ?