PeterM1

Ticketmaster Data Breach

Just heard of a data breach at Ticketmaster affecting UK ticket purchases after February this year...

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2018/jun/27/identity-theft-warning-after-major-data-breach-at-ticketmaster?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GU+Today+main+NEW+H+categories&utm_term=279430&subid=17748354&CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2

I believe the UK gigs went on sale in January so hopefully that will limit the exposure. Worrying that this is only just coming to light when apparently it has been known since early April!

My credit card has had to be changed and just realised that the hacked card that I cut up was the one I'd used to buy GA tickets for one of the Belfast shows.  Hacked probably because of Ticketmaster.

Ticketmaster's response....  Turned off their customer support phones so that you can't actually call them.  Brilliant!

The Manchester concerts were sold through Eventim, so hopefully that means those of us who booked through them (or other companies) should be OK. But there are quite a lot of the international shows that were sold through TM.

Last time I used them was for Joshua Tree last year. 

And yes, it is worrying that they only tell us about it couple of MONTHS later - I hate to think what the hackers could have been up to with people's details in that time! :o

Ticketmaster are terrible. High prices and poor security. Screwing their customers as much as they can.