After the 2 of the most impressive shows of U2 in Montreal ever...I was concerned too!  Be well all of you! 

On 8/31/2018 at 1:55 PM, beppecuoco said:

2a5c2v5.jpg

Looking at this configuration in Berlin, it seems like people can't walk between the "north side" and "south side" via the back of the e-stage. Yes? No? I liked the freedom to walk around the back at the shows this past spring/summer.

Only in the beginning it is closed

(if it is the same as I+E)

9 hours ago, MBU2girl said:

Thank God! Such a relief. Love is bigger than anything in its way!  

Thanks to the Doctor!

So glad that Cologne will happen.

As I am taking my daughter to her first U2 concert: where is the best place to stand (we stand inside, left side) to give her the "full experience" and a good view on the band "in person"?

22 hours ago, StephOnTour87 said:

Reminds me dark hours of the LoveTown tour, when Bono lost his voice in Dortmund and then shows in Holland were postponed. Hoping the best for Bono and the band. We love you.

In fact he lost his voice during the first Amsterdam gig on that tour Joker. They played a short gig while Bono was coughing and was in real pain, luckily the audience took over most of the singing parts. The next two gigs in Amsterdam where cancelled and we were told to keep our tickets and after a few days they arranged four extra nights in Rotterdam in January 1990. We were really lucky that they arranged this, because BB King and band were supposed to play some gigs in the US, but they managed to squeeze these extra nights in. 

We had to send the tickets back by mail and fill in some form telling the concert promoter if we wanted a new ticket or a refund. All that wanted a new ticket had to wait for a lottery because the four nights in Rotterdam had less available tickets, so some of us got a ticket and some got a refund. I was really lucky, had tickets for all Amsterdam nights and got three tickets for Rotterdam. In fact the last night in Rotterdam turned out to be quite an special night with lots of surprises and a huge party on stage and off stage. 

So the famous New Years' Day concert in Dublin wasn't the latest of the tour, that turned out to be Rotterdam January 10th, if you can listen to it. 

2 hours ago, ThePete68 said:

As I am taking my daughter to her first U2 concert: where is the best place to stand (we stand inside, left side) to give her the "full experience" and a good view on the band "in person"?

During I+E in 2015 we were about halfway down the catwalk on the second row from the rail. Wonderful view of both main and e-stage. Bono stoppen right in front of us a couple of times. 

Have a great time durig the show. We took our boys to their very first concert last year in Paris and it was amazing. They were 9 and 11 at that time and they had never before been to any other concert ... what better as first concert experience than U2! ?

• Like 2

Our ‘point of view’ at e-stage in Antwerp I+E 2015 ... no zoom used ???

D25F91CB-D44B-44DF-B133-0A225C978A0B.jpeg

Edited by jojes
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, ThePete68 said:

Another option is to stand right in front of the Red Zone, so no one is pushing in your back and if you're lucky the people inside the Red Zone can provide you with drinks ? The view at the stage and the screen is much better then being on the rail somewhere between both stages. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Gogme United said:

Another option is to stand right in front of the Red Zone, so no one is pushing in your back and if you're lucky the people inside the Red Zone can provide you with drinks ? The view at the stage and the screen is much better then being on the rail somewhere between both stages. 

Thank you all for your tipps - as I really like the visuals, I think the view on the e-stage is very important for me, too. Could you please explain, where exactly the Red Zone is then (maybe with the help of the photo from sped, eight postings above)???

Edited by ThePete68

4 hours ago, ThePete68 said:

Thank you all for your tipps - as I really like the visuals, I think the view on the e-stage is very important for me, too. Could you please explain, where exactly the Red Zone is then (maybe with the help of the photo from sped, eight postings above)???

I can't find the exact map for the Köln venue, but here's one for Hamburg. The setting is the same. Stage (Bühne) and e-stage are connected with a catwalk with the video screen on top of it. The Red Zones are connected from the Stage into the venue. They provide the best view (that's why they're located at that spot), so being just outside them gives you a second best view at the screen.

Schermafbeelding 2018-09-04 om 13.41.33.png

• Like 1

Thank you so much for all your help, very appreciated!

11 minutes ago, Gogme United said:

I can't find the exact map for the Köln venue, but here's one for Hamburg. The setting is the same. Stage (Bühne) and e-stage are connected with a catwalk with the video screen on top of it. The Red Zones are connected from the Stage into the venue. They provide the best view (that's why they're located at that spot), so being just outside them gives you a second best view at the screen.

Schermafbeelding 2018-09-04 om 13.41.33.png

On 9/3/2018 at 1:47 AM, ThePete68 said:

I would stand on the "left" side (Edge's side of the stage) halfway between the I and the E stage - you'll have a great veiw of both and as the band moves on the catwalk. I hope your daughter has a great first show!

• Like 1

On 9/4/2018 at 1:57 PM, ThePete68 said:

So, how was your daughter's first U2 concert?  

New year's day is amazing in this Europe Leg. Also City of Blinding Lights.

Summer of love as the new one arrived in the set list and very appreciated!

On 9/3/2018 at 7:29 AM, jojes said:

Our ‘point of view’ at e-stage in Antwerp I+E 2015 ... no zoom used ???

I'm glad you made it.  I almost missed the second show in Chicago.  The stress was horrible.  I felt for you.  It does make the show have a tiny bit of extra magic after thinking one might not see it.  

Yesterday? We didn’t have any problem getting there, but others got stuck in traffic  but made it just in time. 

The only stress I had was when I heard about Bono’s voice being gone ... waiting until we got news that Cologne would go on took a bit too long ?

15 minutes ago, jojes said:

Yesterday? We didn’t have any problem getting there, but others got stuck in traffic  but made it just in time. 

The only stress I had was when I heard about Bono’s voice being gone ... waiting until we got news that Cologne would go on took a bit too long ?

Yesterday.  Yes.  I thought you were having problems with traffic.  You took the train.  I must be confused.  I'm glad everyone made it!

23 minutes ago, Manohlive said:

Yesterday.  Yes.  I thought you were having problems with traffic.  You took the train.  I must be confused.  I'm glad everyone made it!

Thanks for the concern anyway ????

18 hours ago, Gogme United said:

So, how was your daughter's first U2 concert?  

Although at the moment she suffers some serious A-ha - fever, she was kind of overwhelmed by the concert, because she did not expect such a multimedia spectacle. Before the concert she was quite concerned that they would not play her beloved songs from the Joshua Tree album, but after the concert, being given Sunday Bloody Sunday, New Years Day, City of Blinding Lights and especially Pride (where we were standing only 3 meters away from Bono at the round platform), she really was more than just happy. I think, this tour is not really the perfect U2 gig for "newbees", because this whole "story of my life"-theme had something theatrical for me, putting the story in the foreground and just using the music to support the story - really a very special experience, but I think the Joshua Tree Tour from last year would have been a better "initiation"-concert for her. What matters in the end is, that we, the father/daughter-couple, had a wonderful time yesterday and spent great 7 hours (including ride to and from the concert) together which we will remember for the rest of our lives. Getting up early this morning, in the bathroom my daughter was humming City of Blinding Lights, and she was still wearing the pink U2-bracelet - I think, this is a good sign, isn´t it?!? ?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, ThePete68 said:

Although at the moment she suffers some serious A-ha - fever, she was kind of overwhelmed by the concert, because she did not expect such a multimedia spectacle. Before the concert she was quite concerned that they would not play her beloved songs from the Joshua Tree album, but after the concert, being given Sunday Bloody Sunday, New Years Day, City of Blinding Lights and especially Pride (where we were standing only 3 meters away from Bono at the round platform), she really was more than just happy. I think, this tour is not really the perfect U2 gig for "newbees", because this whole "story of my life"-theme had something theatrical for me, putting the story in the foreground and just using the music to support the story - really a very special experience, but I think the Joshua Tree Tour from last year would have been a better "initiation"-concert for her. What matters in the end is, that we, the father/daughter-couple, had a wonderful time yesterday and spent great 7 hours (including ride to and from the concert) together which we will remember for the rest of our lives. Getting up early this morning, in the bathroom my daughter was humming City of Blinding Lights, and she was still wearing the pink U2-bracelet - I think, this is a good sign, isn´t it?!? ?

A great sign. Cool story, I'm glad I took my daughter to a couple of shows (Vertigo and 360), maybe they were more suitable for newbies, but the experience to be so close to the action is great too. 

The moments of sharing things like that with your kids  are moments to cherish ...

Edited by jojes
  • Like 1

ok, I had carefully scheduled my travel this summer to go to Berlin 1 with my son, and Berlin 2 with my daughter.  I live in China.....

GA for both.  for the second night I managed to be for the first time ever in front of Adam (I play bass) - sooo excited to not seeing China right in front of me, but Adam Clayton.  See picture.  

My schedule is crazily busy and due to the distance, I can only do two shows this tour (actually and the last one, as I lived under a desert sky before.   But then the date was announced in the one and only week where I was toying with the idea of seeing the lights of home in Berlin before Xmas. It must be fate!! A sort of homecoming, indeed.  

Now I have booked the flight from Shanghai to Berlin. You can call it madness, love or dedication or all the above. My wife thinks it’s the first.

Let's hope I can get to that spot again.  Still processing images, but you can find some from night one here https://flic.kr/s/aHsmrdZpvf  and night 2 here https://flic.kr/s/aHskHgNcLh .  Happy to share more.

We can't wait now for the November.  

2018-9-1-ArendG7x-253 (1).jpg

• Like 1
  • Brilliant 1

If anyone has an extra Berlin ticket, GA preferred for November 13 please PM me. 

Thanks