Sign in to follow this  
DeirdreBell

Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Numan?

So I'm sitting here at home eating dinner, and my husband is playing a Gary Numan album (yes, my husband is that cool) and all of a sudden my spidey-sense is tingling and I've got that "They're headed to the e-stage" feeling.   "What is this song?!?!" I ask.  Turns out it's a song called Hybrid, from Gary Numan's 2003 album of the same name.  I don't think U2 or GF sampled it, so is it's probably  just a pretty common beat. But here's the crazy thing -  when I go to look up the song, the youtube page has an ad for a Spiderman-esque hoodie, with the name ROSE above it.  So strange.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4Z8PB-r6XQ

hybrid.png

57 minutes ago, DeirdreBell said:

So I'm sitting here at home eating dinner, and my husband is playing a Gary Numan album (yes, my husband is that cool) and all of a sudden my spidey-sense is tingling and I've got that "They're headed to the e-stage" feeling.   "What is this song?!?!" I ask.  Turns out it's a song called Hybrid, from Gary Numan's 2003 album of the same name.  I don't think U2 or GF sampled it, so is it's probably  just a pretty common beat. But here's the crazy thing -  when I go to look up the song, the youtube page has an ad for a Spiderman-esque hoodie, with the name ROSE above it.  So strange.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4Z8PB-r6XQ

hybrid.png

That's pretty cool! :D

A little bit of a tangent, but u2songs.com posted a story about the pre-show, post-show, and even during-show extra music - that story is here:

https://www.u2songs.com/news/u2eitour_leg_two_pre_show_and_post_show_songs

• Like 1

Thanks for posting this!  They always seem to play my favorite songs in the pre-show.  I nearly fainted when Calling Occupants of Interplanetary Craft came on.  But this also reminded me that HMTMKMKM was for Batman, not Spiderman.  There goes my amazing coincidence.  

1 hour ago, DeirdreBell said:

Thanks for posting this!  They always seem to play my favorite songs in the pre-show.  I nearly fainted when Calling Occupants of Interplanetary Craft came on.  But this also reminded me that HMTMKMKM was for Batman, not Spiderman.  There goes my amazing coincidence.  

Well, it could still work obliquely and indirectly if you keep in mind that Bono and The Edge wrote a Spider-Man musical. Batman and Spider-Man inhabit that superhero universe together...it can still all work out!?