Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

electricco

ACHTUNG BABY is 27 ..........

ACHTUNG BABY is 27 ..........  Happy B-Day BABY !!!!!!!!!

003.jpg

When I think back to past memories, Achtung Baby is the album I use to measure time.  I can always gauge the year and it's AB that is the measuring point forward or back.  It changed my life and how I viewed music and concerts.   I still think it's the only best album since Sgt. Pepper's.  I will never forget putting in the CD, hearing the opening of Zoo Station and wondering, 'What is this?'.  It is a favorite musical moment.

The album that drawn me to U2, One is the catapult when i first heard it on my high school friend's brother stereo playing across the room, knocked at the door and he let me in and kind of occupied is room as I wasn't leaving until the album finished. So Cruel and Ultraviolet is my favourite of the album, also Mysterious Way-the video was blown my mind, all the colours and Bono movement was out of this world, kind of psychedelic. 

Then came along the Zoo TV Tour,  I dream of going to a U2 concert but for a high school girl from Bandung Indonesia, the thought was impossible, it was on the other side of the world. Fast forward 20 years later, my first U2 concert was #U2ieTourNYC 7th and  8th-two magnificent nights. An ultimate experience when you have The Boss in the house and 40 chanted on your way out, just like throwing one stone and got two birds, the long haul flight was paid off ;)

This album was and is simply groundbreaking.

We all know how ridiculously outrageous it was for U2 to go in this direction musically after their success in the 80s.

But they did it and it not only worked, it was something literally NO ONE on planet Earth could've expected.

mega MEGA album.

4 hours ago, VanjaV said:

^^^^

oooooh never seen this one before thx!

I think that is available on the "Achtung Baby" boxset, if you ever wanted to see it (among other ZooTV specials) on your TV. (Of course, you could just continue to watch it free at the link the Doc provided above - your choice! B))

On 11/20/2018 at 1:36 PM, doctornickriviera said:

Still absolutely love this intro....

Thje smartest thing the big dummy could have done was answer the phone.  I'm glad he did not because this is still very, very funny.