Jump to content
U2 Rules

2019 Subscription - Subscribers Gift

Recommended Posts

Finally news! Great it's a dvd ,  but I'm hoping for a commercial release as well on blu-ray with  extras   like the I&E blu ray...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/1/2020 at 10:32 AM, raymond231 said:

Just wait. Memberships were extended until the end of January. U2 hinted that members will be able to get a copy of the full IE Berlin Concert and that more info is coming in January. It’s pretty obvious that this is the next gift and memberships were pushed back to allow members to renew once the formal announcement is made...

Called it... 😁

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My 2019 gift (double live cd, order number 46xxxxxx ) was sent on November 4th but hasn't arrived yet.I have sent many emails but the same response from Live Nation always arrives that cannot help me.I simply want my gift that.

I paid for on February 7, 2019. What do I have to do to get it? Help Me!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2020 at 5:06 PM, Gjachts said:

DVD????????  WTF

2006 called. They want their format back

So what would you say to the few who wanted something on vinyl...1978 called?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Subscribed on October 30th...haven't seen it arrive yet. Kinda dumb to announce the next one before we get the previous one.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/27/2020 at 11:45 AM, ClaudioGorgo90 said:

My 2019 gift (double live cd, order number 46xxxxxx ) was sent on November 4th but hasn't arrived yet.I have sent many emails but the same response from Live Nation always arrives that cannot help me.I simply want my gift that.

I paid for on February 7, 2019. What do I have to do to get it? Help Me!

 

 

Relax, I paid mine in November 2018 and I haven’t received it yet. How about that, is this not a big delay or what????

Your purchase information:
 
11/25/2018 11:35AM Pacific
 
 
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not had mine either....I renewed in Nov 2019.

When I contacted customer service they said its out of stock and on back order. I asked how long thay could be but have had no reply yet.

My concern is that they will not run any more of the i+e set off and I wont get a physical copy. Very very naughty if so..... but lets see what they say. 

Edited by cadoxtonian
Typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An interesting detail from the 2019 gift I noticed a while ago, but only remembered to bring it up here recently.

A few thought it was curious that TLTTGYA was included on the "Experience" disc when it wasn't performed on the e&i tour - an accurate observation, but I think we're all happy that the performance of it from the Rome JT anniversary show from 2017 was included.

However, did anyone else notice that "Iris" on the "Innocence" disc is from the e&i tour (Montreal, 6/6/18) and not from any show on the i&e tour in 2015? I wonder why that happened. Surely "Iris" was performed at every show in 2015 - was this Montreal show's version in 2018 better than every single performance of it in 2015? 🤷‍♂️

 

(Maybe the mods here lobbied to have it be included - wasn't the 6/6/18 Montreal show the "3 mods meet" show?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, dmway said:

An interesting detail from the 2019 gift I noticed a while ago, but only remembered to bring it up here recently.

A few thought it was curious that TLTTGYA was included on the "Experience" disc when it wasn't performed on the e&i tour - an accurate observation, but I think we're all happy that the performance of it from the Rome JT anniversary show from 2017 was included.

However, did anyone else notice that "Iris" on the "Innocence" disc is from the e&i tour (Montreal, 6/6/18) and not from any show on the i&e tour in 2015? I wonder why that happened. Surely "Iris" was performed at every show in 2015 - was this Montreal show's version in 2018 better than every single performance of it in 2015? 🤷‍♂️

 

(Maybe the mods here lobbied to have it be included - wasn't the 6/6/18 Montreal show the "3 mods meet" show?)

The 2018 version in general was worse imo. They shortened the first chorus and moved the ‘something in your eyes’ bit to the end instead of as pre chorus. Maybe they felt they had improved the song with the changes but not for me. At least we have the Paris 2015 version as a good quality alternative. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, dmway said:

An interesting detail from the 2019 gift I noticed a while ago, but only remembered to bring it up here recently.

A few thought it was curious that TLTTGYA was included on the "Experience" disc when it wasn't performed on the e&i tour - an accurate observation, but I think we're all happy that the performance of it from the Rome JT anniversary show from 2017 was included.

However, did anyone else notice that "Iris" on the "Innocence" disc is from the e&i tour (Montreal, 6/6/18) and not from any show on the i&e tour in 2015? I wonder why that happened. Surely "Iris" was performed at every show in 2015 - was this Montreal show's version in 2018 better than every single performance of it in 2015? 🤷‍♂️

 

(Maybe the mods here lobbied to have it be included - wasn't the 6/6/18 Montreal show the "3 mods meet" show?)

Yes, Montreal was our meet-up; and no, we had no influence on the track list/location at all. If I could have lobbied for a song from Montreal, it would have been Love is Bigger, but the one that is on there is beautiful and I’m not complaining. 
 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Dean Allison said:

The 2018 version in general was worse imo. They shortened the first chorus and moved the ‘something in your eyes’ bit to the end instead of as pre chorus. Maybe they felt they had improved the song with the changes but not for me. At least we have the Paris 2015 version as a good quality alternative. 

I have to agree. I still find it quite funny that they used a 2018 version for the "Innocence"" disc. The performance is certainly good enough; however, as you rightly detailed, the 2015 versions were a bit more authentic and truer to the originally-recorded version.

 

15 hours ago, mich40 said:

Yes, Montreal was our meet-up; and no, we had no influence on the track list/location at all. If I could have lobbied for a song from Montreal, it would have been Love is Bigger, but the one that is on there is beautiful and I’m not complaining. 
 

Well, of course, you knew I was being tongue-in-cheek, but I was struck by the coincidence of dates. At least you have a permanent reminder of that show from the fan club. 👍

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its a joke. U2.com confirmed that they will ship my 2019 gift to my new address. They confirmed this 4 times. They still sent it to my old address. When I questioned this they said "yeah we're sorry, we'll ship another one to your new address. However we don't have any in stock and don't know when we will". I then asked for them to change me from the 2019 gift to the 2020 gift twice and no response. Subscription is due in November this year, don't think I'll renew. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I ordered my 2019 fanclub subscription in October and am still waiting or my fanclub gift. 

I rang the customer service department several times, but it seems they don't care. In january they told me that the gift would come back in stock before the end fo the month, but it is still showing as backordered. 

So i rang again today. I had to call the regular phone number, as I live in the Netherlands. I was on hold for at least ten minutes before I finally spoke to someone. After going through the hassle of spelling my name and email address time and time again, he told me he was going to put me on hold for one or two minutes. After I had been on the phone for 30 minutes - not hearing from the operator again, I ended the phone call. That was a very expensive phone call - and I did not get an answer. I feel very frustrated. 

I wish U2 would take their fanclub just a little bit more serious. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/23/2020 at 10:05 PM, cristiu2 said:

+1 

I still haven't recieved my 2CD gift since November 05, 2019 when it was shipped.

They (orderhelp@u2.com) also gave me a tracking number of the parcel, and this number was incorrect: "UPS could not locate the shipment details for this tracking number".

I asked about my parcel via u2.com/help on February 03, 2020, and still no responce.

My subscription expires on February 29, 2020, so if I don't get my 2CD or responce from u2.com till that date - I won't renew subscription.

I better buy a U2.com gift at Discogs.com or Ebay where sellers provide much better shipping service.

If U2 goes on tour - maybe I will pay 50 usd for a new subscription... maybe not... but I guess this can happen no earlier than 2021-2022... so I better save 40-80-120 usd for myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2020 at 7:48 AM, ALI_SNUM said:

I better buy a U2.com gift at Discogs.com or Ebay where sellers provide much better shipping service

I do not understand this rationale.  When do two wrongs make a right?   I'm not getting what I want here so I'll go over there and support someone doing something that isn't right and contributes to an even larger mess. (and costs even more money than has already been spent)  I know you're upset.  It's understandable.  Does buying any merchandise which should not be sold on Ebay help the situation?  Why should emapthy be felt if you do?  Any I had for you just flew out the window.  Selling and buying this stuff on Ebay is not cool.  It makes the whole situation worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Manohlive said:

I do not understand this rationale.  When do two wrongs make a right?   I'm not getting what I want here so I'll go over there and support someone doing something that isn't right and contributes to an even larger mess. (and costs even more money than has already been spent)  I know you're upset.  It's understandable.  Does buying any merchandise which should not be sold on Ebay help the situation?  Why should emapthy be felt if you do?  Any I had for you just flew out the window.  Selling and buying this stuff on Ebay is not cool.  It makes the whole situation worse.

That’s a load of nonsense, if someone orders an item that was supposed to start shipping in the spring last year and still hasn’t received it you can’t blame them for looking elsewhere. Personally I wouldn’t pay more than the cost of subscription but with the lack of membership benefits in a non tour year people are just as well asking for a refund and buying of eBay, the customer service level is a disgrace and u2.com don’t deserve any sympathy losing subscribers to people that are happy to buy the product elsewhere. If someone wants to sell there fan club gift on eBay that isn’t wrong anyway they’ve paid for the item as part of the membership so that’s there right whether u2.com want you to or not. Shouldn’t be charging too much but it’s there item so they can sell it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Dean Allison said:

That’s a load of nonsense, if someone orders an item that was supposed to start shipping in the spring last year and still hasn’t received it you can’t blame them for looking elsewhere. Personally I wouldn’t pay more than the cost of subscription but with the lack of membership benefits in a non tour year people are just as well asking for a refund and buying of eBay, the customer service level is a disgrace and u2.com don’t deserve any sympathy losing subscribers to people that are happy to buy the product elsewhere. If someone wants to sell there fan club gift on eBay that isn’t wrong anyway they’ve paid for the item as part of the membership so that’s there right whether u2.com want you to or not. Shouldn’t be charging too much but it’s there item so they can sell it. 

Just a note to point out. If you look at any subscriber gift, it says on it: “For subscribers of U2.com only. Not for resale.” Audio gifts also contain a warning that they should not be copied or digitally distributed. Any member found violating this will be banned with no refund. Buying/selling on eBay or Discogs is not worth the risk. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mich40 said:

Just a note to point out. If you look at any subscriber gift, it says on it: “For subscribers of U2.com only. Not for resale.” Audio gifts also contain a warning that they should not be copied or digitally distributed. Any member found violating this will be banned with no refund. Buying/selling on eBay or Discogs is not worth the risk. 
 

No member will be found violating it though it’s too difficult to prove so really they’re not in any position to enforce this. Someone has paid for the subscription gift so they can do what they want with it. There’s sellers on eBay and discogs who do things far more professionally than u2.com. The solution is u2.com should do a better job of it and people wouldn’t even consider buying of these sites if they knew they were going to be able to pay the cost of subscription and receive it promptly with good communication. For the record I never have sold a fanclub gift myself and I’ve never bought one elsewhere but if I was kept waiting as long as some people have I might be tempted so let’s not start criticising people who do look elsewhere when u2.com can’t do things properly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Dean Allison said:

No member will be found violating it though it’s too difficult to prove so really they’re not in any position to enforce this. Someone has paid for the subscription gift so they can do what they want with it. There’s sellers on eBay and discogs who do things far more professionally than u2.com. The solution is u2.com should do a better job of it and people wouldn’t even consider buying of these sites if they knew they were going to be able to pay the cost of subscription and receive it promptly with good communication. For the record I never have sold a fanclub gift myself and I’ve never bought one elsewhere but if I was kept waiting as long as some people have I might be tempted so let’s not start criticising people who do look elsewhere when u2.com can’t do things properly. 

We are aware that the arrival of the 2019 gift has been very trying for some. I just wanted to make you aware of the potential consequences of what you are suggesting. In the end it is your choice, but I would recommend thinking about it before going that route, as it a violation to U2.com terms, and as with most things on those sites, they are rarely at their normal value. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, mich40 said:

We are aware that the arrival of the 2019 gift has been very trying for some. I just wanted to make you aware of the potential consequences of what you are suggesting. In the end it is your choice, but I would recommend thinking about it before going that route, as it a violation to U2.com terms, and as with most things on those sites, they are rarely at their normal value. 

Well I wouldn’t be selling my gifts so I couldn’t be violating there terms and if I decided to buy it without having a membership there is literally nothing u2.com can do about it. I’ve got my 2019 gift already, hopefully going forward I continue to receive the gifts not long after they’ve shipped but if I still hadn’t received a gift 8 or 9 months after they claimed they would start shipping (in the spring was the initial comment) and was receiving poor or no communication back I would be asking for a refund and seeing if I could get it for a sensible price elsewhere. U2.com can’t hold subscribers to certain standards about reselling things when they can’t meet the correct standards themselves. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still haven't got what I paid for! huhuhu 😪 Just emailed the fanclub for an update, they said it was already shipped but can't confirm shipment date as they changed systems. When I asked how long does it usually take to ship, they mentioned that it was out of stock & can't guarantee when they would have again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...