dmway

R.I.P. Thread

9 minutes ago, mich40 said:

52 for him. 49 for Keith. Too young, indeed. And a reminder to live life to the fullest. 

Amen Sister! 

When I think about how much time I wasted in my teens and twenties and how much I do now! 

You never know when your time may be up- all it takes is wrong place wrong time, or a cruel twist of fate. YOLO

2 hours ago, padawanbeck84 said:

Can the Grim Reaper please take some time off? At this rate, it's going to end up like 2016 :(

I thought exactly the same thing - I’m still wobbly from 2016 myself. In fact, the three-year period, 2015 to 2017, was really brutal on musicians/celebrities. Yes, he needs to go on a long holiday.

2 hours ago, mich40 said:

52 for him. 49 for Keith. Too young, indeed. And a reminder to live life to the fullest. 

Agreed. You never really know when your number is up. After my mom passed in 2016, I resolved not to hold back doing the things I really want to do. (I suppose I could facetiously quote some of Bono’s /Johnny Cash’s words from “The Wanderer” here, but I’ll refrain.)

Yes, R.I.P., Luke and Keith.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, dmway said:

R.I.P., Luke and Keith.

😢

I'm sorry about your mom, dmway.

3 hours ago, mich40 said:

...and to check in on people you care about.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

I lost my mom and my brother & gained invaluable knowledge about who all truly cares about me & who I had to walk away from.

Yep, the reaper needs a vacation. ....and so do I. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Shannon387 said:

I lost my mom and my brother & gained invaluable knowledge about who all truly cares about me & who I had to walk away from.

Yep, the reaper needs a vacation. ....and so do I. 

So sorry for your loss. 

• Like 1

On 3/4/2019 at 11:14 AM, mich40 said:

Amen because for life isn't a dress-rehearsal!!

Not a recent RIP, but remembering Chester Bennington on what would've been his 43rd birthday. 

image.png.ebfb3362ea2d131db0f965bc54c0a229.png

• Like 1

...and this is why I don't miss a show by acts I enjoy - you never know how long they (or we, for that matter) will be around.

R.I.P., Ranking Roger, singer with The Beat ("The English Beat" in North America) and General Public. Very sad... 

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/english-beat-general-publics-ska-pioneer-ranking-roger-dead-56-221856806.html

I'll post in the "What Are You Listening To?" thread too in his honor.

On 3/27/2019 at 1:23 AM, dmway said:

...and this is why I don't miss a show by acts I enjoy - you never know how long they (or we, for that matter) will be around.

R.I.P., Ranking Roger, singer with The Beat ("The English Beat" in North America) and General Public. Very sad... 

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/english-beat-general-publics-ska-pioneer-ranking-roger-dead-56-221856806.html

I'll post in the "What Are You Listening To?" thread too in his honor.

Sad to hear indeed. I've got some friends who were in a band that supported The Beat a few times when they came and played Brighton. Apparently he was a friendly guy full of advice and wisdom.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, peterferris8 said:

Sad to hear indeed. I've got some friends who were in a band that supported The Beat a few times when they came and played Brighton. Apparently he was a friendly guy full of advice and wisdom.

Yes - I bet both Ranking Roger and Dave Wakeling are great guys. They always seemed good, down-to-earth people.

RR will be missed.

*Mournful Wookiee howling*

Rest in Peace Peter Mayhew. Such sad news to wake up to this morning. Thank you for making Chewbacca so memorable - and thank you for always having time for your fans, right up to the end. A number of my fellow trading card collectors were at Star Wars Celebration last month, talking to you, getting autographs and selfies. It's hard to accept that, only weeks later, you're gone.

Give Carrie and Kenny a big Wookiee hug when you see them.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-48142765

• Sad 4

On 5/3/2019 at 4:54 AM, padawanbeck84 said:

*Mournful Wookiee howling*

Rest in Peace Peter Mayhew. Such sad news to wake up to this morning. Thank you for making Chewbacca so memorable - and thank you for always having time for your fans, right up to the end. A number of my fellow trading card collectors were at Star Wars Celebration last month, talking to you, getting autographs and selfies. It's hard to accept that, only weeks later, you're gone.

Give Carrie and Kenny a big Wookiee hug when you see them.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-48142765

Yes, he deserves to be respectfully acknowledged. His passing just before Star Wars Day makes it all the more poignant. 

May you enjoy your next journey, Peter.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, dmway said:

Yes, he deserves to be respectfully acknowledged. His passing just before Star Wars Day makes it all the more poignant. 

May you enjoy your next journey, Peter.

I came in here to post something about him.  I remember being in the theater watching the first Star Wars movie.  I was a little boy.  Chewbaca looked so big yet I felt like he'd let me touch his hair once the bad guys were gone.  Pad-You are a huge Star Wars fan, I've noticed.  I don't know what you may or may not be feeling.  I thought of you when I realized this man has gone to heaven.  😊

Edited by Manohlive

6 hours ago, Manohlive said:

I came in here to post something about him.  I remember being in the theater watching the first Star Wars movie.  I was a little boy.  Chewbaca looked so big yet I felt like he'd let me touch his hair once the bad guys were gone.  Pad-You are a huge Star Wars fan, I've noticed.  I don't know what you may or may not be feeling.  I thought of you when I realized this man has gone to heaven.  😊

Such a big Star Wars fan that it's where my username comes from - Padawan is the in-universe term for a Jedi Apprentice in the prequel films :)

Watching the original trilogy last night was emotional. Also, several social media sites have been posting out-takes from the making of the original films - in order that the other actors could understand what Chewbacca was saying, Peter Mayhew would speak his lines in English during filming, then the Wookiee sounds were added later. I've never seen these out-takes before and it's fascinating (and funny) to hear the "translations" of exactly what Chewbacca is saying.  

• Like 2

Rest in peace, Meleah Davis.  I hope God turns you into an angel.  

2 hours ago, Manohlive said:

Rest in peace, Meleah Davis.  I hope God turns you into an angel.  

OMG I heard about that poor girl !!

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, illumination70 said:

Peggy Lipton, age 72

Doris Day, age 97

Yes, these are both worth remembering.

I was especially a big fan of Peggy Lipton - I loved her in all the “Twin Peaks” projects and had forgotten that she was the girl in the original “The Mod Squad”. She was a great actress.

And Doris was the queen of pop in the 50s.

God bless them both.

Tim Conway-85 years of age.

Some of my favorite childhood memories involve sitting in front of the TV, with my whole family laughing because Harvey Korman couldn't not laugh at how funny Tim Conway was being on the Carol Burnette show.  I love Tim Conway.  He made me laugh every time I saw him.  👏

• Sad 1

On 5/14/2019 at 1:45 PM, Manohlive said:

Tim Conway-85 years of age.

Some of my favorite childhood memories involve sitting in front of the TV, with my whole family laughing because Harvey Korman couldn't not laugh at how funny Tim Conway was being on the Carol Burnette show.  I love Tim Conway.  He made me laugh every time I saw him.  👏

Yes, I loved his comedy too.

He even had a short-lived show called "Tim!" that I loved. He was tremendously funny. 

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, dmway said:

He even had a short-lived show called "Tim!" that I loved. He was tremendously funny

That he was.  I too watched Tim.  I forgot to mention Carol Burnette trying not to laugh onstage.  (and not succeeding 😀)   He was also on Third Rock From The Sun.  That makes two of my all time favorite comedies.  I saw where he once said he would not change a thing about his life.  I'm glad for him but sad for us.  He always came across as humble yet aware of his impact.  I love Tim Conway. I hope souls in heaven are roaring because he's young and back at what he does best..  🙌

Edited by Manohlive