Sign in to follow this  
Carlos

Seat Map On Live Nation Korea Instagram Account

The U2 Start site has a copy of the seat map from Live Nations Korea Instagram account

Thanks for the heads up... here's the image in question...

60723102_414066275990045_2225745829149420272_n.jpg

There doesn’t seem to be much chatter here about the Seoul concert(s). Since they go on sale later than the other dates, I’m hopeful that everyone will have a decent shot at getting the tickets they want. I’m nervous about the whole registration and US credit card thing, but I’m nervous every time I’m trying for tickets. What would a presale be without a few nerves???  Best wishes to everyone!

On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 4:56 PM, Max Tsukino said:

Thanks for the heads up... here's the image in question...

60723102_414066275990045_2225745829149420272_n.jpg

Hi - Just a quick question.  Just done the pre registration and upon completion it takes you to a page with more details about the concert including the seating map.  However the version used does appear to have a lot of seating sections greyed out.  Does that mean the areas greyed out will not be part of the pre sale seating allocation?  Regards

Carlos  

59 minutes ago, Carlos said:

Hi - Just a quick question.  Just done the pre registration and upon completion it takes you to a page with more details about the concert including the seating map.  However the version used does appear to have a lot of seating sections greyed out.  Does that mean the areas greyed out will not be part of the pre sale seating allocation?  Regards

Carlos  

Will ask about it...

11 hours ago, Max Tsukino said:

Will ask about it...

The yes 24 site is now stating the following about the seat map " Artist Fanclub Presale seats are indicated by red line."

Interesting...only part of the Red Zone and part of the R section of GA are available for presale.  And some of the closest 100 level seats aren't even available during the presale.  Good to know that some of those tickets may be available for the general sale if I don't get the tickets I want during the presale.  I always wonder how many tickets are held back for the presale vs. general sale.  At least it's sort of clear for this show.

5 hours ago, dubbia said:

so is it true GA or are we in a designated seat location?

see

so is it true GA or are we in a designated seat location?

check out the twitter thread on post above this one, @U2Start emailed the Korean ticket agency and got a reply - which might answer a few questions, but does sound like they haven't quite fully worked it out yet...

Screen Shot 2019-06-13 at 09.46.15.png

Any idea what difference between Standing R and Standing S is?  Am I better off having a low Standing S ticket number vs. a higher Standing R number?  I know I'm probably asking an unknown but figured I'd throw it out there.

Posted (edited)

Any idea what difference between Standing R and Standing S is?  Am I better off having a low Standing S ticket number vs. a higher Standing R number?  I know I'm probably asking an unknown but figured I'd throw it out there.

Standing R is the front section. So that would usually be the place to be. Once you're in the front section, it'll give you the opportunity to move around, & look for a spot you're happy with. If you choose the back section, you're stuck there.

But it really depends on how many tickets have been sold in each section. Because the order you enter onto the arena floor is the order in which tickets were purchased. So somebody who has a spot on the front rail of the back section should have a better view than somebody right at the back of the front section - as the person on the rail will have nobody directly in front of them for 5-10 metres, just security, & maybe people walking along the pathway separating the two sections. Of course, if you're very tall compared to those in front of you, this isn't an issue.

Here's how Saitama (Tokyo), Japan was separated for Vertigo. It may reduce crowd atmosphere, but it would help short people on the rail of the rear section see.

10627994_SaitamaVertigostage.jpg.7d4827a819b138969f531ac88f50eff6.jpg

The Gocheok Sky Dome is a very unusual venue (an indoor baseball stadium), it is very, very wide up near where the stage is located, but the distance from the stage to the front on seats is quite small (these seats will have great views). This width means some people in the front section of GA will be very wide, with quite poor views of the screen.

300374621_GocheokSkyDomestage.thumb.jpg.6218f7a4d69c2082fe6faf363f865e08.jpg

But it also gives you an opportunity to get the rail in interesting areas, like the corner of the Red Zone. You wouldn't need a great number to get here.

429735898_RailBehindRZpreshow2JT2017.thumb.jpg.2c838b3fd5e146fdd7796b3393015177.jpg

754019831_RailBehindRZduringshowJT2017.thumb.jpg.143bce1a1ed5835deb49ced73f1f8113.jpg

So it's really VERY DEPENDENT on what the numbers are now. I'd generally say aim for the front section, but if it's getting pretty full, & you can get a rail on the back section that may be better (I'm short, so love the rail).

EDIT: I don't want to sign up to yes24, to work out the numbers. But over on U2Start they posted that there's only about 500 tickets left in Standing R, & 1,500 in Standing S. So you won't get a rail in Standing S, you may as well aim for Standing R. If they do fill up Standing R to the brim, you don't want to be one of the last in, & stuck out to the sides. But I've heard that the arena entry will only be ordered by ticket number (order purchased) for the first few 100, or 1,000 people. Then it will be first come-first served in the GA line.

The other option is to gamble, wait, & hope a second show is announced. Seats are virtually sold out, & GA is getting reasonably close, although it hasn't been a super quick sell out. So a second show is a possibility. If there is a second show, I'd assume it will be announced next week, when I expect Singapore (and a second Melbourne show) to go on sale. So you could hold off getting a ticket now, but keep an eye on GA numbers to make sure Standing R and Standing S hasn't sold out. If a second show is announced, & you buy your ticket early (particularly in the presale), you could be RIGHT AT THE FRONT, with no waiting.

Edited by ddarroch