Sign in to follow this  
sm2112

Singapore #U2thejoshuatreetour2019 [THREADS MERGED]

39 minutes ago, Smell_the_flowers said:

Just thinking out loud... they managed to reactivate the codes of those people who bought their tickets in the 'accidental' presale and had their purchase cancelled. 

Couldn't they do the same thing again?

Different situation, I'm afraid...

2 minutes ago, Max Tsukino said:

Different situation, I'm afraid...

I agree, the situation was different, but the technical solution is basically the same: add the appropriate presale codes back into the validation table so they may be used again. 

I understand we all need to wait and see what, if any, accommodation might be made for Singapore2 presale, but I hope Live Nation/the band continue to strive to improve the technical side of the buying process (it has dramatically improved over these past 3 tours! THANK YOU) so that fans don't get stuck out in the cold due to the strategy employed when deciding to add shows.

Thanks for all you do, Mods.  I know everyone is working to do their best for the fans & their experience.

• Like 1

Just now, bigreddiver said:

I agree, the situation was different, but the technical solution is basically the same: add the appropriate presale codes back into the validation table so they may be used again. 

I understand we all need to wait and see what, if any, accommodation might be made for Singapore2 presale, but I hope Live Nation/the band continue to strive to improve the technical side of the buying process (it has dramatically improved over these past 3 tours! THANK YOU) so that fans don't get stuck out in the cold due to the strategy employed when deciding to add shows.

Thanks for all you do, Mods.  I know everyone is working to do their best for the fans & their experience.

The way it was solved was cancelling the tickets, then resetting the codes. I don't think you would want that.

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

Well - I’m going for red zone again in the second night pre-sale.  At least it is 6am this time (for U.K.) and not 3am!  I’m still frazzled from all the shenanigans from Monday having to pretend to live in Singapore and taking 5 goes to finally check out  (I was being my husband  Brunodog that night). Hopefully should be smoother....though they might be famous last words. Good luck to everyone else going for tickets.

Edited by Heather S

The ticketing system here for the sports hub has a bad reputation in Singapore with several screw ups with previous gigs. Im not surprised that we have the issue with the 1 time code and being unable to select GA and RZ tickets. What I am surprised about is the fact it worked at all on Tuesday and many of us did manage to get some tickets compared to previous gigs like Coldplay etc.

Singapore - single use codes....

The story appears to have changed here.  The email before the original presale said you can split across multiple shows (see below).

Now today's email says one show only. 

It's not great that the rules change half way through?

image.png.09831fa5e2395d9224ee2281cd809e3e.png

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, B1is said:

Singapore - single use codes....

The story appears to have changed here.  The email before the original presale said you can split across multiple shows (see below).

Now today's email says one show only. 

It's not great that the rules change half way through?

image.png.09831fa5e2395d9224ee2281cd809e3e.png

This is the only presale left...so in reality it isn't really changing halfway through. This limitation through sportshub  also potentially illustrates why the SG show dates were released after all other presales had ended.

Edited by brendo1704
Typo

1 hour ago, brendo1704 said:

This is the only presale left...so in reality it isn't really changing halfway through. This limitation through sportshub  also potentially illustrates why the SG show dates were released after all other presales had ended.

Ok, but it was changed half way through the Singapore presales.... 

ie, in presale for Singapore #1 - the message was you could split your code across multiple shows (eg, a potential Singapore #2)

Get the point that sportshub seems to be pretty limited.

I can confirm that it's really not working. Somehow thought it would be all be ok, but unfortunately not. Am a bit disappointed; hope something can be done still today!

Just got Red Zone for Singapore - took 2 mins, website seems to be working well

• Like 2

The U2 world is so silent today. Makes me wonder if all tickets sold out today or no one has bought tickets and waiting for the public sale? :D 

20 minutes ago, heshanp said:

The U2 world is so silent today. Makes me wonder if all tickets sold out today or no one has bought tickets and waiting for the public sale? :D 

or, very few have usable Red Hill codes...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Max Tsukino said:

or, very few have usable Red Hill codes...

yeah makes sense.

24 minutes ago, heshanp said:

yeah makes sense.

I will be there - happy for it to be just me and the band

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, nickharv said:

I will be there - happy for it to be just me and the band

I got a red zone ticket today.  Just me - Mr Brunodog can go to raffles bar instead and have a Singapore sling and I’ll go on my own. Happy for it to be just us and the band too!  Imagine that....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Heather S said:

I got a red zone ticket today.  Just me - Mr Brunodog can go to raffles bar instead and have a Singapore sling and I’ll go on my own. Happy for it to be just us and the band too!  Imagine that....

you two are not alone my dears :D one of my U2 friends whom I knew for a long time who had a usable code, bought a ticket for me as well :D so its gonna be us and the band :D 

• Like 2

On 6/20/2019 at 7:52 AM, Max Tsukino said:

We asked for details about this... once we get an answer will post it here...

Max, do you still expect an update or not really? I was hoping I still had a chance to buy tickets today, but it's getting late in Singapore...

2 minutes ago, clemmie_mandarin said:

Max, do you still expect an update or not really? I was hoping I still had a chance to buy tickets today, but it's getting late in Singapore...

The update is already on the FAQ in the HELP page:

Singapore
For Singapore: Up to four tickets at one single show for one-transaction due to differences in ticketing systems.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Max Tsukino said:

The update is already on the FAQ in the HELP page:

Singapore
For Singapore: Up to four tickets at one single show for one-transaction due to differences in ticketing systems.

Ah ok, I thought you were still looking for another solution to make it work.

I'm sure you have tried all you could so thanks for that. Still a bit disappointed; I really had faith that it was going to be resolved.

3 minutes ago, clemmie_mandarin said:

Ah ok, I thought you were still looking for another solution to make it work.

I'm sure you have tried all you could so thanks for that. Still a bit disappointed; I really had faith that it was going to be resolved.

We try to do as much as we can when we can when situations arise; unfortunately this situation was very much out of our hands. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mich40 said:

We try to do as much as we can when we can when situations arise; unfortunately this situation was very much out of our hands. 

You guys are simply stars!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, mich40 said:

Even though this still stinks imo - a system issue in such a developed place as Singapore beggars belief.  That said there must be a work around ie send me a new code and trust I won't exceed 4 - and then do a spot check on people to test whether anyone dying to take advantage.     Why is there something every time with U2 ticket sales ?  

Posted (edited)

So, are we right in thinking that you could split the tickets over multiple shows to the max of 4 tickets, but Singapore is now such that your code can be used to purchase up to FOUR (4) tickets in a single transaction. So the one transaction only. If you used it for say 2 tickets to the first show then your code isn't valid. 

But... If you had used your code for 4 show in Australia can you still use the code for Singapore. Say you get 4 tickets over multiple shows in Oz but didn't get a ticket to the first Singapore show - could you get 2 or even 4 tickets with that code being emailed for the second Singapore show? That would see you with more than 4 tickets overall, but it isn't clear if it is 4 over the ENTIRE tour (Australia AND Asia) or is it one thing for Australia and then different for Singapore - hence you could get say 6 tickets in that scenario. 4 for the Aussie shows and say 2 for ONE of the Singapore presales? 

Clear as mud. 

Edited by inztantkarma

26 minutes ago, inztantkarma said:

So, are we right in thinking that you could split the tickets over multiple shows to the max of 4 tickets, but Singapore is now such that your code can be used to purchase up to FOUR (4) tickets in a single transaction. So the one transaction only. If you used it for say 2 tickets to the first show then your code isn't valid. 

But... If you had used your code for 4 show in Australia can you still use the code for Singapore. Say you get 4 tickets over multiple shows in Oz but didn't get a ticket to the first Singapore show - could you get 2 or even 4 tickets with that code being emailed for the second Singapore show? That would see you with more than 4 tickets overall, but it isn't clear if it is 4 over the ENTIRE tour (Australia AND Asia) or is it one thing for Australia and then different for Singapore - hence you could get say 6 tickets in that scenario. 4 for the Aussie shows and say 2 for ONE of the Singapore presales? 

Clear as mud. 

It is 4 tickets maximum over the whole tour, the tickets could be split between Australian/New Zealand shows, or for example, 2 Australian and 2 Singapore tickets. The codes can only be used once during the Singapore presales due to ticketing system. Most importantly to your question, per the FAQs:

All ticketing presale code use is audited, and anyone found to be abusing presale privileges risks cancellation of ticket purchases and U2.com subscription.

14 minutes ago, mich40 said:

It is 4 tickets maximum over the whole tour, the tickets could be split between Australian/New Zealand shows, or for example, 2 Australian and 2 Singapore tickets. The codes can only be used once during the Singapore presales due to ticketing system. Most importantly to your question, per the FAQs:

All ticketing presale code use is audited, and anyone found to be abusing presale privileges risks cancellation of ticket purchases and U2.com subscription.

perfect... thanks for the quick reply. 

• Like 1