Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Denn

Question

Hello all music lovers!! 

I've been following U2 for a few years so now and then. 

They have surely made more then once made and 180 and 360 journey in their music and show material. 

One thing I don't get, the constant returning of the one covert eye by the lead singer Bono.... 

May looks incense and even if so, the suggestion of being part of the control by the illuminati keeps getting to mind. 

I really thought they where Christians as I have read in other topics, in the world as it is now, being true and clear what your standing for is really important as they have a lot of influence on their fans.. 

So... Could anyone help me getting a more clear picture on this matter. 

Would be much appreciated. 

Greetings and kindness

Denn

It's a long story.....

In my mind,. The band U2 has stay true to what they stood for since the very beginning.  They've always been about what it's right for all of us as humans being. X change.  The message-it always stay the same.

The problem is that the most of the media translate's this as being a sign of the so called illuminati or the 'eye of providence, the eye of horus or anyway somthing sinister.. 

Maybe its just hyped up and bono seems to pose with almost anything covering one eye 😂

Anything Christian seems long gone and in times like these its a pitty cause they have started out as an Christian orientated band if im correct. 

These days call out loud for a return to true Christian value's and not the dogma's of the churches

Church never meant to ne institutians but the gatherings of seeking souls of brothers and sisters who knew Christ was announced in the old testament. But im getting of topic here🙏

On 8/4/2019 at 8:57 AM, Manohlive said:

In my mind,. The band U2 has stay true to what they stood for since the very beginning.  They've always been about what it's right for all of us as humans being. X change.  The message-it always stay the same.

How to see or understand:X change.. Always stay the same.. 

Like: Be yourself but improve..?! 

This is what i got out of your reply. 

Im all for improving your better side, rebirth of the better half into one better person. 

cant say good, only God is good

19 hours ago, Denn said:

Maybe its just hyped up and bono seems to pose with almost anything covering one eye 😂

I just looked up this illuminati thing; the conspiracy theory with Bono and others.  It seems a bunch of bullshit to me.  It's more people criticizing others yet not truly looking at their own selves.  They are inventing, or looking at specks while ignoring their own planks.

19 hours ago, Denn said:

The problem is that the most of the media translate's this as being

Much of the media is obsessed with the Kardashians, The Real Housewives, The Bachelor and The Bachelorette.   It tells us how to think, what to buy, how to live and what to watch.  (If we want to have anything to say at the water cooler.)  I worked in television.  There is an agenda. It's about being number one in the ratings. Everything else comes second.  It's a very nasty business. 

.Personally, I mostly watch PBS for my news and information. I read multiple sources of the same stories.. 

For me, the key word in what you wrote above is translate.  Translations allow others to insert their own personal views, thereby distorting the truth while presenting it as the same initial package.  .

3 hours ago, Denn said:

How to see or understand:X change

I've no idea how this got into my reply.  It must be a typo.  

3 hours ago, Denn said:

Be yourself but improve

Yes. 

I looked at a couple things about this illuminati and one eye conspiracy theory.   I didn't need to read much to see it's bunch of crap.  It seems another example of people taking something hostage for their own agenda.  

I think you may be reading too much into hyped stories which were written to grab attention and don't care about the truth.  I'm not you, so I don't know.

I want to be clear that I'm not trying to argue with, nor is it my intent to criticize what you've written.  It piqued my interest. I responded with my own opinions.

First of all, thnx for your honest and full reply on a matter i didnt want to stir up in such manner but since it's what is quiet relevant it might be good to be clear about some topics. When you are as famous as these guys are, everything you say or do gets magnified and twisted. The most who criticizing others are in a position to conceal their own dirt. 

like you said, looking at specks. its like they are using whatever they can twist for their own agenda. but being number one at ratings is something every artist come's accros when theu lance a new album and with this you expose yourself to all kinds of rediclious opions, i think its a shame but this is someting you get with the package of fame. Oncs you got the name of being a dodgy figure in their eye's they will hunt you forever, i think this is the case when you follow a trail of opions wich feed eachother and have the same conclusion.  

Which is, not in my eyes but in as you said, i've read to much into hyped media story's. I took a story and followed it, it lead me to old intervieuws and at the end the som is something completely different then the intent. 

I just asked a question, didnt get much reply other a well explained one of yours, There should be more interaction, its always better to talk and inform then to be scilent and sigh.. 

46 minutes ago, Denn said:

I just asked a question, didnt get much reply other a well explained one of yours, There should be more interaction, its always better to talk and inform then to be scilent and sigh.. 

I agree.  I'm glad I ran across this thread.  I enjoyed looking this up and reading about it.  Yes, being famous exposes a person. I don't like it when people start distorting the truth to grab a headline. (I do not mean you)  I get particularly riled when people start using the faith of others, which is why I brought up the speck and plank.  Personally, I don't think it is any of my business what someone famous does in their private life.  To be honest, I don't care what they do as long as they are not hurting others.  

The intensity with which I write comes from my disdain for the pervasiveness of the tabloid press.  Now we have the internet and some idiot can post anything to grab attention. I live in America.  My current president has turned bullshit into an art form.  If my words seems angry, it's because I've watched what rumors and gossip can do, not just to one person, but to our society as a whole. 

I completely agree with you when you say we should interact.  Discussing things is much better than complicity.  Thanks for posting this.  It prompted me to look into something I did not know.. 

well, the rabithole always goes deeper then one thinks. I try to look at it from all angels, you most be willing to take time and read beteen the lines. It's a shame to drag people through the mud just because the suspect something, not knowing for sure. A lot of the rich and famous are targeted just for someone else his suspicien. I had to learn how to decern as well, in the time of fake news its even more hard. One thing i know for sure: 'truth will prevail' and for my own believes, its better to have a clear concious and a desire to be true to your fellow man as yourself. One day we will have to answer to the Lord for all we have said and done. In this mentaly ill world its hard enough to stay kind to everyone at all times. Thats one of the things i'de admire about Christ. Wishing i could be like that all through my life. For better or worse: Stay true to yourself and your fellow man is my motto

Sometimes there's a difference in an artists perspective. A characterism to convey a point. The devil's advocate, so to speak.

There is a real evil going on in this world, & it's a real challenge remaining pro-active among the controversies.

I am upgrading a bit with technology, I face challenges with my "old brain". I was appreciating Google, but I was thinking maybe it should say...Think for yourself..figure out where you are going..

The evil in this world is as real as the darkness it spreads. 

Im trying to remain the aim on the light of Christ. Soon enough we all have to choose, not half or a bit of both, we all belong to the light, our home where we all once went out from. The strugle remains, for some it does not exsist. For me its more real then the daylight. 

Even google has changed, the algoritms keep me further from what actualy try to find, to much advertising and half baked answers. 

Tools a usefull but i rahter trust on the directions by the Spirit of Christ. I do hope dearly that the one's i care about and also those i dont know choose the side of the truth the life and the way. 

A bit of strugle every day keeps you sharp and more willing to decern all that is tost to you. 

Faith is what you believe, religion is what you do.

The truth is represented by actions. Sometimes it can take a bit to turn out.

I'm not necessarily Christian, but I do believe in Christ conciosness. I was raised Catholic, but the practices seemed contradictory to me. 

Sometimes people lack awareness. This can be shadow, blind ignorance, or evil. 

Shadow- check yourself

Blind ignorance- confront it

Evil- stay away or hold your ground

faith might also be in who or what you know, believe it will remain the same or getting better is the faith i practice. You wrote religion is what you do, i've been pondering about it for a while and i could relate to it. Religion has also a bad side taste, as in organised believe such as in church and its dogmas. Im not a Christian in the sense as belonging to a certain church or movement, i just believe as  Him being the son of God who came to bring us out of the slavery of sin and the chains of the darkness. In this case i can relate to the Christian conciousness, the highest and most noble spirit to reach for us humans here. Awareness is like an pencel that needs to be sharpend every now and then. The three steps you've mentiont are an issue which return on a base untill you master them i presume. 

We know, in our hears, the difference between right and wrong.  In the end, it's about being kind to one another.  It's about doing what is right.  Yes, I believe in Christ but that does not give me the right to point at another and tell them their path is wrong.  I'm Catholic but I struggle with it.  I don't want to go to mass much of the time because I see the hypocrisy of organized religion.  For me, it's a realization that the Divine did not mess things up-we did.  It's up to us to make it right.  I think we are on the precipice of very tumultuous times; unprecedented times.  I believe that good far, far exceeds bad.  Right now there is a lot of bad having free reign.  Perhaps it is to show us how to get back on the right path of making sure all human beings are okay and loved.-with no one excluded-no matter what they have done.  IE-Paris-Bono says it's important to remember to pray for the terrorists..I concur. The most challenging thing for me at times, in my faith, is realizing that fault can be found in all of us so we do well to broker peace with each other here and now.  It's easy and then other times, it's very tough.  Those tough times are what matter most. We cannot expect God to bless us unless we ask His blessing for every single one of us.  Why should He if we are denying others and not including all?    

(my own view-I'm not pushing it)  

Yes in our hearts we know, even the most corrupted mind has a spark of conciousness which like lightning flashes the understanding of its conduct, right and wrong. To be kind and patience to who so ever comes your way, despite good or bad. I have been quit judgemental thinking i could proof being right and that would be enough untill i was led to a point where being right does not give you right.. I agree with you totaly with you that we have messed up and not the devine. We have followed those we have chosen and through the century's the mess piled up, some stood up and changed it for better but its hard to swimm up stream all the time. There will be a movement who says no un the last days. We are in verry tumultuos times even scary but with a great revolution often comes a great solution. I believe we will be brought back to the most nobel of all our quality's :true love, a spiritual love.. I believe in the return of Christ and one of His biggest lessons was to even pray for and love your enemy. So if we stop seeing others as enemy's the task is much more easy. The problem is that not the common man, the so called secret society's and rulers with plans that will send chills up your back are in power and i fear greatly that what is written in the bible will be forfilled. never the less, like bono wrote: Love is bigger then anything in its way. 

-thanks for  a great reply-

(not to make this final, so much more to speak about)