Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

U2stargirl

Swine Flu and the Tour

just to be safe, none of you should turn up to any of the following concerts....Dublin, Gothenburg, London, Glasgow or Sheffield...seriously, stay home...butI'll be brave enough to let you all know what the show was like ;) roflmao...........

thousands people die of the "normal" strains of flu every year and no one freaks out over that....poor piglet....lol

Gee I never thought I'd come here and get a grammar lesson....

Personally I don't think we have anything to worry about - but I suppose if the swine flu does take over the world in the next three months, thenprecautions on U2's part will be made...in the meantime I suggest we do what we need to do to stay healthy...and continue living our lives....

Oh and cute pic Kris ;)

I'm not worried. People just have to stay well hydrated. People will always run into problems when they don't take in enough liquids and wash yourhands. Also, I keep hearing that people stopped eating pork and bacon, it doesn't have anything to do with it?? But, if you're worried..there'salways Bacon bits(or baco's) and SPAM !! laugh.gif

THE EATING OF PROPERLY HANDLED AND COOKED PORK IS NOT--REPEAT, IS NOT-- A VEHICLE FOR TRANSMISSION OF THIS VIRUS.

See Centers for Disease Control www.cdc.gov and The World Health Organization www.who.int/en websites if you would like to verify this.

The ill-informed Egyptian officials ordered the culling (mass killing) of pigs thinking this would stem the spread. Horrible.

Anyway, if you decide to stop eating pigs, do it because they are so damn smart (smarter than your dog ) and because the conditions they are kept in arehorrific, not because you think their flesh may be contaminated with flu.

Incidentally, "Swine Flu" is actually an unfortunate misnomer--the virus is actually a mash-up strain of pig, bird and human viruses. But, the mediathought "swine flu" would be catchy.

LifeFactory wrote:

THE EATING OF PROPERLY HANDLED AND COOKED PORK
IS NOT
--REPEAT, IS NOT-- A VEHICLE FOR TRANSMISSION OF THIS VIRUS.

See Centers for Disease Control
www.cdc.gov
and The World Health Organization
websites if you would like to verify this.

The ill-informed Egyptian officials ordered the culling (mass killing) of pigs thinking this would stem the spread. Horrible.

Anyway, if you decide to stop eating pigs, do it because they are so damn smart (smarter than your dog and maybe some of your very young children) and because the conditions they are kept in are horrific, not because you think their flesh may be contaminated with flu.

Yeah, that is horrible, they were going to die eventually, but still.

U2LAWoman wrote:

LifeFactory wrote:

THE EATING OF PROPERLY HANDLED AND COOKED PORK
IS NOT
--REPEAT, IS NOT-- A VEHICLE FOR TRANSMISSION OF THIS VIRUS.

See Centers for Disease Control
www.cdc.gov
and The World Health Organization
websites if you would like to verify this.

Anyway, if you decide to stop eating pigs, do it because they are so damn smart (smarter than your dog and maybe some of your very young children) and because the conditions they are kept in are horrific, not because you think their flesh may be contaminated with flu.

Yeah, that is horrible, they were going to die eventually, but still.

When I heard about this, my jaw dropped. Might as well kill all the people who have the flu, sheesh.

The piggy plague has been officially declared by the government as "overblown". Kids, get back to school!

Sorry, extremists and alarmists....the plague is over.

Let the show go on!

RedHill wrote:

The piggy plague has been officially declared by the government as "overblown". Kids, get back to school!

Let the show go on!

But... but.... I'm caughing.... and sneezing once every two hours. That should be something.... and all the people who want me to die... Ican't let them down :(

*is dissapointed*

roll.gif

Kristaps wrote:

RedHill wrote:

Let the show go on!

But... but.... I'm caughing.... and sneezing once every two hours. That should be something.... and all the people who want me to die... I can't let them down
:(

*is dissapointed*

Sorry, I don't want to discriminate...forgot an "ist". All you survivalist's, just because the piggy plague probably won't get the restof us, doesn't mean that cabin in Montana isn't calling you.

Blare some Ultraviolet in the woods!