Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

promans

Lord Jesus is "The Magnificent"

Thank you dearest: Would you agree that it is "most of the time" that true believers are living in a "constant"

2 Dimention realm" and that one does feel like a grain in the sand in this huge Universe, which I spend a lot of time observing at night form my front andback porches at home. Its just that there is so much beauty around us, that if we get with it, I mean, Join God in the spirit, (Thru pure love only, andsurrender of the will, which takes a long time and much meditation and dedication, sometimes a lot of suffering as one goes along)than everything you see isdifferent, I mean before life was just that having to exist, almost a sacrifice to be alive, now its I want to live, to enjoy all the beauty around me,everything triggered by one man, named Prince Bono, he is no ordinary man, when I joined him back in the CONTINENTAL ARENA MAY 18,TH 2005 AT 7:30 IN EastRutherford, NJ #EMA0518 U2//Vertigo/2005 Tour

I swear, either my heart or his heart stood still just when he was about to step into the stage, I was already "electrified by his energy from the parkinglot into the tunnel then into the stadium to the seat, I felt closer and closer until suddenly, his thoughts, his plan, his moves, it was like I was insidehim, his mind and mine joined. You see, since then, I am not me anymore, I am Bono's Realm. He exist in my energy since I was small. His image is that of aPrince, a real one that is living now with us in this century. But, no one believes that a person's love for another can survive space, time and distance.If Bono was in heaven, I would find a way to reach him. Thats what I am doing now, trying to meet with him again. I wish people could see what Bono means to usall. Bono is just ONE man, but one who is the strenght and power of many because his power comes from love, pure love that only God can give this kind of giftor grace. To me and many, Bono is a chatismatic man. I often see him in his youth, his image, when this happens I suffer his pains, then there is his image asa man, I've seen him from youth to manhood, being a grown man, pain, brings me the anxiety of his spirit, his soul, I want him to be a free spirited, afree soul man. I mean he is married, has a family, a life, but he is lucky that Ali, his beautiful wife, is also big hearted and a believer, that helps himcope with this "Thing" that I feel of his spirit, money, power and fame of this world does not fill a man's soul, Bono has better ways for that,his ways are my ways too, but I don't have a believer standing by me, I had a non believer, preventing me from being free to be me or to live a godly life,God has always been foremost 1st in my life, I enjoy life, but within God's guidelines. Having a caring, loving wife, who is also a believer is perfect forBono, the Prince. I wouldn't want him to be with a non believer. That would be crazy, since Bono is a man that always leads me to a garden where flowersrule, and their colors and perfection magnifiy God. That is my favourite place to be, in the garden with Bono.

You know what, I believe "Bono" doesn't have to say it, because the reaction of his fans consides with his singing. What he says in his song whensinging say what he feels deep inside and thats what is important. The goal is to touch his fans, the only thing is that Bono is Unique, he touches us and hecan also keep our love for him. Rare it is to find a man like Irish's Son Bono. Many artist make great hits. Bono causes great things to happen thru him topeople he touches with lips, remember, we can give life thru our lips and we can cause death thru our lips. Bono extends life, perhaps has saved lives alreadylike me, Bono is a man of grace. Not saying it and making miracles happen with his voice, that is what I mean, Bono has the grace of God. It is written clearlyin my bible here at home, I read while reading Genesis, which I like reading because Bono is someone that I can connect with the bible and all the scriptures. "And who told you, you were naked"? ask God of Adam, after adam had sinned. So, safeguarding the spirit from corruption is of upmost importance forall of us, because corruption can separate us from God physically and in the spirit. God is all, I am but his servant Realm, also the Lost Little Girl.

RealmawakeRosa wrote:

You know what, I believe "Bono" I read while reading Genesis

Was it Phil era Genesis or Peter era Genesis? They're both great.

Manohlive wrote:

pa kitty wrote:

The Prayer if you are interested

My soul magnifies the Lord,

And my spirit rejoices in God my Savior.

For He has regarded the low estate of His handmaiden,

For behold, henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.

For He who is mighty has done great things for me, and holy is His name. And His mercy is on those who fear Him from generation to generation.

He has shown strength with His arm:

He has scattered the proud in the imagination of their hearts.

He has put down the mighty from their thrones,

and exalted those of low degree.

He has filled the hungry with good things;

and the rich He has sent empty away.

He has helped His servant Israel, in remembrance of His mercy;

As He spoke to our fathers, to Abraham and to His posterity forever.

Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit.

As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen

I have heard from quite a few different sources that Magnificent comes from the Magnificat. I've read that and heard it many times. I DO think that Moment of Surrender could well have been written to Christ. I'm not saying that I've heard this but if you believe in Jesus Christ, go back and listen to the song with particular attention to the lyrics. For me it's a love song between myself and Christ. Maybe Bono wrote it for that particular reason, maybe he didn't (NOT SAYING HE WROTE IT FOR ME...LOL) but everytime I hear it (and I listen to it a few times a day) I fall in love with Jesus Christ all over again.

In no way do I mean this response to shove religion into anyone's face who doesn't want to hear about it but for me it's all about Christ. The whole album is full of Catholicism for me but I'm a devout Catholic. In any event, the words have very deep meaning no matter what they are about.

My Mom calls me Friday and tells me, "Bono, made the TIDINGS!! lol... The TIDINGS is a Catholic Newspaper out of the Los Angeles Archdiocese. According toDick Staub, the Tidings writer. He says its the recalling of the Virgin Mary in the gospel of Luke. Magnificent! Seems like everyone has an opinion! Anyway, myMom says it's a great article about U2. I won't post it, because it's mostly what other people have already said about some of the songs. And allthis talk about God songs is kinda getting on my nerves as well, and coming from me, that's saying a lot.

U2LAWoman wrote:

Manohlive wrote:

pa kitty wrote:

The Prayer if you are interested

My soul magnifies the Lord,

And my spirit rejoices in God my Savior.

For He has regarded the low estate of His handmaiden,

For behold, henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.

For He who is mighty has done great things for me, and holy is His name. And His mercy is on those who fear Him from generation to generation.

He has shown strength with His arm:

He has scattered the proud in the imagination of their hearts.

He has put down the mighty from their thrones,

and exalted those of low degree.

He has filled the hungry with good things;

and the rich He has sent empty away.

He has helped His servant Israel, in remembrance of His mercy;

As He spoke to our fathers, to Abraham and to His posterity forever.

Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit.

As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen

I have heard from quite a few different sources that Magnificent comes from the Magnificat. I've read that and heard it many times. I DO think that Moment of Surrender could well have been written to Christ. I'm not saying that I've heard this but if you believe in Jesus Christ, go back and listen to the song with particular attention to the lyrics. For me it's a love song between myself and Christ. Maybe Bono wrote it for that particular reason, maybe he didn't (NOT SAYING HE WROTE IT FOR ME...LOL) but everytime I hear it (and I listen to it a few times a day) I fall in love with Jesus Christ all over again.

In no way do I mean this response to shove religion into anyone's face who doesn't want to hear about it but for me it's all about Christ. The whole album is full of Catholicism for me but I'm a devout Catholic. In any event, the words have very deep meaning no matter what they are about.

My Mom calls me Friday and tells me, "Bono, made the TIDINGS!! lol... The TIDINGS is a Catholic Newspaper out of the Los Angeles Archdiocese. According to Dick Staub, the Tidings writer. He says its the recalling of the Virgin Mary in the gospel of Luke. Magnificent! Seems like everyone has an opinion! Anyway, my Mom says it's a great article about U2. I won't post it, because it's mostly what other people have already said about some of the songs. And all this talk about God songs is kinda getting on my nerves as well, and coming from me, that's saying a lot.

Thank you so much for posting the words of scripture. They are beautiful and inspiring.

U2 LAWoman wrote: "And all this talk about God songs is kinda getting on my nerves"

Yeah, me too.

Would be nice if all of the god fans were not so intent on muscling out everybody else. I wonder how Bono really feels about being the focal point and rallyingcry of Christian evangelicals? Unless this is really what he wants, the whole vibe of the Christian fanatic thing is getting to the point where the band"culture" is becoming a bit of a turn-off. Most people are not religious fanatics. And, I swear, Bono has got to be more sophisitcated about hisreligous sensibilities than is portrayed by a large segment of the fan-base. Must be awful to be "owned" by the stranger-public.

Paralysis by analysis! Look, I'm pleased that the religious among us can interpret this song in a manner that befits their beliefs, and I don't for asecond doubt that Dr. Hewson is being as spiritual as ever, but I'm sure you'll agree that the beauty of a song is its ability to be interpreteddifferently by many people of many different cultures and creeds. A song that resounds differently with so many different people, a song that illicits suchinterpretation, is a song that is worthy to be sung.

Personally, my two cents is that so many of songs from HewSONOFGOD have a religious foundation that I try to relate them to real life scenarios, occasions andfeelings. With the greatest respect to his original intentions of course!

I think there's definitely a parental theme to it - be it son to father or father to child. When I hear Magnificent, personally now, I think of a proudfather lifting his beautiful little daughter to sing her a little song, receiving a beautiful smile in return. May be too literal but hey, it works for me.

I don't believe in God, at least the same way the christians do. But, I hear u2 and get connected with a deep spirituality inside me. I mean with feelingshide in my heart. I don't have the truth, but I have a kind of intuition. I feel for example, that I have lived before, it's not certain, it's notan afirmation, it's just a feeling. When I listen u2, Bono's voice, the things he say and the music, make me feel in another time.

So, everyone interprates the songs, in different ways, and the important thing is how the music reaches your feelings and makes you move.

Havent read all the posts but just want to add I do have a faith not unlike Bonos from what Ive read. Its not that he speaks to me I just tend to agree withalot of what he says or writes about.

Your right Songsrlikesmells the beauty, greatness, coolness, appeal, of U2 songs is exactly that they are generally never flat out interperted about one themeor idea. There is always 2 or 3 levels, layers, ideas, approachs to thoughts in their music.

You can take a song to be between man and woman, father and son, son and father, man and God. Thats the way they are written. its truly a gift they have. Asfar as God goes, I think Bono has a very wise grasp on the nature of God, and he is able to sing bout that in a way that makes it personal.

I believe the whole intention is to make us think! and perhaps dream, out loud even wink.gif

Magnificat

My soul doth magnify the Lord,

and my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.

For he hath regarded the lowliness of his handmaiden.

For behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.

And his mercy is on them that fear him throughout all generations.

He hath shewed strength with his arm.

He hath scattered the proud in the imagination of their hearts.

He hath put down the mighty from their seat

and hath exalted the humble and meek.

He hath filled the hungry with good things.

And the rich he hath sent empty away.

He remembering his mercy hath holpen his servant Israel

as he promised to our forefathers Abraham, and his seed forever.

Amen.

Its not generally accepted that this song or any song is definetly about Jesus

Don't get me started

smile.gifJesus is God's ''Yaweh's'' son  so again are you refering to Jesus or Yahweh? because Jesus is not God he is king in heaven as we speak !
I thought the song is about Yahweh ( God )..

smile.gifJesus is God's ''Yaweh's'' son  so again are you refering to Jesus or Yahweh? because Jesus is not God he is king in heaven as we speak !

Simply put John 14:9

Jesus is Yahweh.  The Holy Trinity is one and the same, each person of the Trinity, Father, Son and the Holy Spirity.

So if you speak of one, you speak of the other.  But we can not even come close to understanding God.  I am reminded of a story from St. Augustine.   Augustine was sitting on the beach contemplating the Trinity when he saw a boy caring buckets of water from the the ocean and bring it up onto the sand  and pouring it in a sand castle he made.  St. Augustine said to the child "you can not put the ocean in the sand, there is too much of the ocean"  The boy replied, "and you will never understand the Trinity".  How true this is.  God is bigger than we can imagine, his mercy and love is nothing we can even fathom.  

But I can say this as truth.  Jesus is God.  He is love made flesh.

but in honesty John 14;9 says ; Jesus said to him ; '' Have I been with you men so long a time , and yet Philip , you have not come to know me ? He that has seen me has seen the Father [ also ] How is it you say , Show us the father'?

He is simply stating the he is a reflection of God....

That him and God are one , in other words  in union....

read John 3;16 it says ; '' For God loved the world so much that he gave ''his only begotten Son , in order that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life...

notice that it says he gave ''his only begotten Son''....

And read Hebrews 1;3 it says ; He (Jesus ) is the '' reflection '' of  [ his ] glory and the exact representation of his very being , and he sustains all things by the word of his power , and after he had made a purification for our sins he sat down on the right hand of the Majesty in lofty places....

and also John  17;5 says ; So  now you , Father glorify me alongside yourself with the glory that I had alongside you before the world was...

Hes not crazy that he prays and talks to himself whilst he was on earth....!

and 1 Cor 11;3 says  '' I want you to understand that the head of every man is christ , the head of a woman is her husband , and the head of Christ is God'' ,. Clearly then Christ is not God...

Have you not heard the expression like father like son?

And the holy spirit is Gods active force for example read Acts 2;2-4 it says ; and suddenly there occurred from heaven a noise just like that of a rushing stiff breeze , and it filled the whole house in which they were sitting . And tongues as of fire became visible to them and were distributed about , and one sat upon each one of them , and they all became filled with holy spirit and started to speak with diferent tongues , just as the spirit was granting them to make utterance.

and 33 says Therefore because he was exalted to the right hand of God and received the promised holy spirit '' from the Father , he has poured out this which you see and hear..

see it says poured out... which means it is not God pouring himself .....

So you should study hard and not believe old doctrines....

Jesus is created in Gods image and reflection which is love that I dont disagree , but they are not trinity they are simply in union , peace the way the world was sposed to be...

xxxxxxxx 

but in honesty John 14;9 says ; Jesus said to him ; '' Have I been with you men so long a time , and yet Philip , you have not come to know me ? He that has seen me has seen the Father [ also ] How is it you say , Show us the father'?

He is simply stating the he is a reflection of God....

That him and God are one , in other words  in union....

read John 3;16 it says ; '' For God loved the world so much that he gave ''his only begotten Son , in order that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life...

notice that it says he gave ''his only begotten Son''....

And read Hebrews 1;3 it says ; He (Jesus ) is the '' reflection '' of  [ his ] glory and the exact representation of his very being , and he sustains all things by the word of his power , and after he had made a purification for our sins he sat down on the right hand of the Majesty in lofty places....

and also John  17;5 says ; So  now you , Father glorify me alongside yourself with the glory that I had alongside you before the world was...

Hes not crazy that he prays and talks to himself whilst he was on earth....!

and 1 Cor 11;3 says  '' I want you to understand that the head of every man is christ , the head of a woman is her husband , and the head of Christ is God'' ,. Clearly then Christ is not God...

Have you not heard the expression like father like son?

And the holy spirit is Gods active force for example read Acts 2;2-4 it says ; and suddenly there occurred from heaven a noise just like that of a rushing stiff breeze , and it filled the whole house in which they were sitting . And tongues as of fire became visible to them and were distributed about , and one sat upon each one of them , and they all became filled with holy spirit and started to speak with diferent tongues , just as the spirit was granting them to make utterance.

and 33 says Therefore because he was exalted to the right hand of God and received the promised holy spirit '' from the Father , he has poured out this which you see and hear..

see it says poured out... which means it is not God pouring himself .....

So you should study hard and not believe old doctrines....

Jesus is created in Gods image and reflection which is love that I dont disagree , but they are not trinity they are simply in union , peace the way the world was sposed to be...

xxxxxxxx 

The Gospel of John begins by acknowledging Jesus, the Word as God: “In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God, and the word was God.â€

Jn 8:58-59 “Jesus said to them, ‘Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am.’â€

“I am†in Scripture is the preeminent way God identifies Himself. See Ex 3:14

Jn 10:38 “the Father and I are one.â€

Jn 12:45 “..whoever sees me sees he one who sent me.â€

Jn 20:28 Jesus accepts Thomas’ profession of faith: “My Lord and my God!â€

Col 2:9 “For in him the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily..â€

Tit 2:13 “awaiting our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christâ€

Col 1:15 "He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation."

It is Apostolic teaching, passed down and guided by the Holy Spirit.

the beggining and all things are through God his progeny how can you misconscrew that !

Its like we all came from adam and eve ..........

Magnificient is the Lord of the Earth, but who and when we can see him?

11:1 And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein. (No line on the horizon)

11:2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.(u2 began working about No line on the horizon at the beginning of 2007, you must count until june 2010)

11:3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.( their lives thinking about the poor people and about the ecological themes)

11:4 These are the two olive trees, (Bono and The Edge) and the two candlesticks standing before the Lord of the earth.(The Jhosua tree) and Magnificient is this kind of LORD, a person, a man, no God

You can go on reading all the chapter eleven, there is a prophecy about Songs of ascent

Hi everyone. After the first few times I listened to Magnificent I realised it is about Jesus. The song is packed with biblical content. Here are some examples. 'We were born to be together' refers to the relationship between man and God before sin entered the world. Jesus came to pay for that sin and reunite those who accept Him as Lord and Saviour. 'Only love can leave such a mark ... heal such a scar'. This refers to Jesus love by dying for the elect on the cross as having such an impact on people's lives and healing the scar of sin that separates us from God. 'Making and joyful noise' and 'magnifying the Lord' are both verses from the Bible (Psalms, I think). 'Justified, till we die, you and I will magnify The Magnificent'. Justification is a biblical term for those that are made right with God through accepting the Lord Jesus are their Lord and Saviour. When we are justified, our role is to Magnify the Lord and bring glory to His name - 'The Magnificent'!

Jesus is certainly Magnificent to me.image

Question: Is it generally accepted that this song is about Jesus, or are there loads of different opinions?

I am catholic and I believe knowing what I know about Bono and his faith, that this song to be about worshipping Jesus, the Lord. If someone does not believe in Jesus it does not mean they cannot LOVE this song. It's open to interpretation and it's everyone's choice. There is no reason why the song must be categorized as 'its about this' or 'its about that'. thats the beauty of u2 , the beauty of their songwriting. It's truly a gift that God gave to them so they can share with the world.

What better message can there be without blatently saying "love god" "love one another"? Or, you can just sing "Magnificent" and think of something else if you want. 

Have you read the other biblical references of u2's songs? this is not the first song. I dont know how long you have been a fan, or a listener of their music. You might find the link on atu2.com, go to u2 biblical references. You will be busy for a while, listening to all the songs and reading along with the bible or other material you may have.  Also, you had questioned the 'whether rock band public forum is the place', it certainly is a good place to discuss this. U2 struggled with their faith and whether they can be in a rock band AND worship God. Luckily, they did and we have their great music. As Bono had said "I am a believer, in Jesus Christ, very much so".. and there's a whole bunch of books, quotes etc. you can read about this topic. As a fan , this has always interested me. How many many times the messages are hidden, so that they appeal to the masses, can be interpreted at a personal level (Ie, if someone doesnt believe in God- they can still love the songs). Sorry for the typos, have a good night!!!!!!!

When I hear the song I think it's about a longlasting love. It feels like I could sing it for mine, but I am not really born to sing, that's the difference.

Of course it may refer to Jesus, some parts of other songs refer to God, Jesus or The Bible too.

The lyrics of No line on the horizon are to be deciphered, I think there is a prophecy, we must wait until 18th of june. The u2 members must to fight against a secret and powerful enemy. The first song when the lyrics said about a horizon really is about a black hole in the sky where is this enemy, all it is metaphoric. The lyrics of the rest of the songs, most of them, are symbolics too. We must decipher by ourselves because Bono and the Edge can not say a word of this secret. There is no an official interpretation of Magnificient at last, I think nowadays He is a unknow person, the unknow caller, but soon, He could begin his public live to become the first president of all the planet Earth, this is his destiny and u2 member know it, but there is an enemy who must lost the throne. Who is the ancient Prince of World?

okay. I have to know I am NOT the only U2 JEW on the planet. As in people who believe in G-d, the word of G-d, the Torah, the Bible, and a lot of other things.

I deeply respect the faith the boys have, and the history they have discussed in their writings. I also feel great love for the connection Bono has made on stage, said on stage, many times: All Brothers of Abraham.

So lets not decide what its REALLY all about for anyone other than ourselves.

COEXIST.

Please.

Thanks