Photo
- - - - -

Plans For Tour Starting In Spring 2014

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
25 replies to this topic

#1 Malahide

Malahide

Atomic Bomb ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 3,618 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:50 PM

From atU2.com, March 17, 2013

"Twitter was all a-flitter earlier this week when a fan attending a Killers concert bumped into Stuart Morgan, Adam’s guitar tech, and asked him when the next U2 tour was slated. The tweet stated plans were for spring 2014 starting with arenas in the U.S. The timing seems right, and the venue selection seems to match the sentiment Bono shared about wanting to go smaller."

This news confirms what was posted earlier here: http://zootopia.u2.c...s-tech-tonight/

#2 ReggieReginaONumb

ReggieReginaONumb

Blue Room ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 774 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:57 PM

I think will be arenas in US and Europe. But I think in the South America will be at the stadiums. crossfingers.......

#3 Anjana

Anjana

Rattle and Hum ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 17,390 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:32 PM

Just_Cuz_13.gif

U2-SOI-4d-small_zpsdef94624.gif

#4 peterferris8

peterferris8

Atomic Bomb ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 2,921 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:01 PM

I think will be arenas in US and Europe. But I think in the South America will be at the stadiums. crossfingers.......

They'll be touring Europe in summer, and no band with their heads on straight plays arenas in summer. Europe will probably be stadiums.

My reaction when I convince someone else to listen to U2 and they enjoy it: StanKyle---drunk-hug-40kb.gif

#5 MacFoley

MacFoley

Lemon ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 8,606 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:41 PM

They'll be touring Europe in summer, and no band with their heads on straight plays arenas in summer. Europe will probably be stadiums.

Back to Cardiff for me then! 3rd time in a row for three u2 tours if this was to happen!

KRANKLOGOBLOG_zps6cbdf24b.png

#6 ReggieReginaONumb

ReggieReginaONumb

Blue Room ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 774 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:04 PM

well said. ;)

#7 ReggieReginaONumb

ReggieReginaONumb

Blue Room ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 774 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:05 PM

Back to Cardiff for me then! 3rd time in a row for three u2 tours if this was to happen!

great! ;)

#8 jenmusic

jenmusic

Blue Room ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 1,069 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:31 PM

YEAH!

My Blog - last update 10/19/14

#9 frankedge

frankedge

Babyface ✪✪

• 37 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:44 PM

If they do tour europe in the summer i hope it is an Arena tour especially in the uk as it will probably piss down all summer again

Which ever they choose Arenas or Stadiums il be there  fingers crossed for Dublin for me

#10 mdmomof7

mdmomof7

Blue Room ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 911 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:55 PM

The big 50 birthday present to me - Dublin for U2 seems to be a little more solid. 

Zootop reunion!!

RAVENS!!! U2!!! M&T Stadium you rock!!!

#11 U2LAWoman

U2LAWoman

Atomic Bomb ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 4,281 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:58 PM

YEAH!

Yeah! smileys-applause-801735.gif

#12 peterferris8

peterferris8

Atomic Bomb ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 2,921 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:59 PM

London for me. But the wishful part of me still hopes they do Knebworth!

My reaction when I convince someone else to listen to U2 and they enjoy it: StanKyle---drunk-hug-40kb.gif

#13 redandwhitepebble

redandwhitepebble

Lemon ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 5,326 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:35 AM

I'm hoping for Dublin late July - Mac get your butt over there instead of Cardiff - I'll buy you a pint :D

#14 Anjana

Anjana

Rattle and Hum ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 17,390 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:24 AM

I want to see them in  New York and Dublin this time round :D

U2-SOI-4d-small_zpsdef94624.gif

#15 Dominique Huyghe

Dominique Huyghe

Numb ✪

• 3 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:39 AM

stadiums , indoor; outdoor ,, in my garden ,, on a rooftop ;; on the subway ,, on top of a mountain ,,

U2  can play anywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#16 richie459

richie459

Ultraviolet ✪✪✪✪✪

• 249 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:10 PM

Dont think they'll bother playing arenas in msot of Europe especially the UK our arenas are much smaller here than the US.

They can fit 80-90'000 people into Wembley Stadium so to meet the demand of one night there they have to play the o2 Arena for 3 or 4 nights to get the same ammount of people/ticket sales.

It would make the tour of europe far too long. IMO anyway.

#17 wendom_earl

wendom_earl

Numb ✪

• 3 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:30 PM

I'd rather they do stadiums again. U2 are definitely meant for the big open space. They always seem to do stadiums in Europe, but sometimes have reservations about the States.

Well, if they are going to do arenas, hope they kick it off in Miami like they did for Elevation.

#18 MacFoley

MacFoley

Lemon ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 8,606 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:41 PM

I'm hoping for Dublin late July - Mac get your butt over there instead of Cardiff - I'll buy you a pint :D

You know what, i am thinking about it....although Cardiff has a nice stadium, 2 tours, maybe it is time for a change...

And their home crowd? Can't get any better than that can you!

KRANKLOGOBLOG_zps6cbdf24b.png

#19 joshthetree

joshthetree

Atomic Bomb ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 2,736 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:38 PM

that'd be good if it happens still need an album or two yet :D

#20 redandwhitepebble

redandwhitepebble

Lemon ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 5,326 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:50 AM

You know what, i am thinking about it....although Cardiff has a nice stadium, 2 tours, maybe it is time for a change...

And their home crowd? Can't get any better than that can you!

and a free Pint on top of a home crowd!! ;)