48 replies to this topic

#1 Malahide

Malahide

Atomic Bomb ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 3,673 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 13 January 2014 - 02:56 PM

By Roger Friedman

The new U2 album should come in June. So says Bono, to me, at the Weinstein Company party following the Golden Globes. Bono and U2 won the Globe for their song “Ordinary Love” from the movie “Mandela.” The group held court on a platform of couches, entertaining friends including Usher on Sunday night before taking off to an after party said to be at 1Oak on Sunset Boulevard.

The group had just played at Sean Penn’s Haiti fundraiser on Saturday night with a young Haitian singer named Anaelle Jean-Pierre. I sat with Bono at the Weinstein party and praised him for his passion about politics, Mandela, Africa, etc.

“We’re persistent, I’ll say that,” he replied with a rueful chuckle. “I don’t think we’re the only ones who care. I think lots of people do. They just don’t have the opportunity.”

Bono told me the group was busy finishing the new album. “We’re still working some things out,” he said. In the meantime, they will release a new single in the next few weeks. It’s called– and this is exclusive– “Invisible.” “It’s not what you expect,” Bono told me. “It’s not your typical love song.”

See more at: http://www.u2tourfan...h.4o9uX8Ef.dpuf

Edited by Malahide, 13 January 2014 - 03:03 PM.

#2 Sunflower1mdp

Sunflower1mdp

Atomic Bomb ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 3,679 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 13 January 2014 - 03:24 PM

I don't want to get my hopes up again and then hear them say, "oh no, it's due out in Fall or by December now."  It'll be great if we get to hear a new song soon though.

#3 Guitar_Effects444

Guitar_Effects444

Babyface ✪✪

• 49 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 03:54 PM

I'm just glad these songs arent going to be on the new album. Not because they are bad but because I want to not be familiar with any of the songs until I listen to the entire album

#4 agt

agt

Playboy Mansion ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 1,534 posts
  • LocationWhitehaven

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:25 PM

I'm quite happy for them to keep knocking out singles. As much as I'd like to see an album this year, any new material is a step in the right direction for these guys.

If it's right what the band keeps banging on about how many new song they have, we may miss some gems on a straight up album release.

Hopefully a few singles will turn up with some new corking B sides.

We Win, We Lose, It's Perfect! 

#5 Malahide

Malahide

Atomic Bomb ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 3,673 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:49 PM

The information comes bit by bit.

The Los Angeles Times wrote on December 19 that Invisible will be a track on the new album U2 is working on.

U2.com mentioned on January 12 that Invisible will be released as part of an initiative with (RED) to support the fight against AIDS.

Now Bono states Invisible will be the new single.

And he doesn't talk anymore about a new album in April, but in June.

Edited by Malahide, 13 January 2014 - 05:55 PM.

#6 MacFoley

MacFoley

Lemon ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 8,606 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 13 January 2014 - 07:44 PM

I'm just glad these songs arent going to be on the new album. Not because they are bad but because I want to not be familiar with any of the songs until I listen to the entire album

U2 CONFIRMS NEW SONG CALLED 'INVISIBLE'

For (RED) Project, No Mention of Super Bowl

@U2, January 12, 2014
By: Matt McGee

U2 has shed a little bit of light on what the band has been doing for the past week or so in Santa Monica. A short update on U2.com confirms that the band has been doing a video shoot involving a new song called "Invisible" -- that title wasmentioned not too long ago in a Los Angeles Times article. The song will be released as part of an AIDS-fighting project with (RED), U2.com reports.

The official update is more notable for what it doesn't say than what it does. There's no mention of the song/project being tied to a Super Bowl commercial, which all of our sources (and many in attendance during last week's video shoot) said it was. There's also no mention of whether "Invisible" is part of U2's next album, or if it's just being released for this (RED) project.

KRANKLOGOBLOG_zps6cbdf24b.png

#7 Carlos

Carlos

Babyface ✪✪

• 46 posts
  • LocationHorsham

Posted 13 January 2014 - 08:48 PM

Just happy we are getting another single soon  though I am still hoping for the Album to drop in April instead of June.  :)

Carlos

#8 beeblebrox

beeblebrox

Achtung Baby ✪✪✪

• 63 posts
  • LocationTrondheim

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:42 PM

starting to think that U2 feel a little bad for delaying the album for so long, that they come with "Invisible" now to please the fans, maybe...

#9 Shannon387

Shannon387

Atomic Bomb ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 3,270 posts
  • LocationStaring at the sun

Posted 14 January 2014 - 12:30 AM

I don't want to get my hopes up again and then hear them say, "oh no, it's due out in Fall or by December now."  It'll be great if we get to hear a new song soon though.

Yeah, I'm kinda feeling the same way. However, I'd rather they release it when they're ready so I wait patiently. :P

#10 peterferris8

peterferris8

Atomic Bomb ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 2,936 posts
  • LocationBrighton

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:01 AM

Next thing you know we'll be waiting until December 2015.  :P

My reaction when I convince someone else to listen to U2 and they enjoy it: StanKyle---drunk-hug-40kb.gif

#11 pain_18_

pain_18_

Lemon ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 9,317 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 14 January 2014 - 07:16 PM

Seems like Jim was right...it's 2015 for the new album !

#12 zootv77

zootv77

Numb ✪

• 24 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 10:46 PM

I haven't read a direct quote where Bono specifically states June. Until then, it's all hearsay .

#13 Doerte

Doerte

Numb ✪

• 1 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 10:39 PM

Bono said "soon" in the interview, not "june"....But he had some drinks, it was on a after-show-party and the music was loud.... :lol:

#14 pain_18_

pain_18_

Lemon ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 9,317 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 15 January 2014 - 11:39 PM

Bono said "soon" in the interview, not "june"....But he had some drinks, it was on a after-show-party and the music was loud.... :lol:

Oh, I've heard that track before !

#15 wolle01

wolle01

Numb ✪

• 9 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:10 AM

I mean, there´s only one single article in the internet, and everybody takes this "June" for sure. How come? u2.com doesn´t mention this release-issue, but all the twitters, facebooks and other web-stories now say "album out in June". Funny times. I still think there will be an album-announcement at the superbowl advertisment. We will hear "invisisble" with exclusive download at the new beats-store of this song, and the forthcoming album called "???" out on 03/31/2014.

#16 Anjana

Anjana

Rattle and Hum ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 17,527 posts
  • Locationla la land (this is where you can reach me now;)

Posted 16 January 2014 - 02:09 PM

June of what year? ;)

U2-SOI-4d-small_zpsdef94624.gif

#17 pain_18_

pain_18_

Lemon ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 9,317 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 16 January 2014 - 02:48 PM

June of what year? ;)

2 567 888 999

#18 Anjana

Anjana

Rattle and Hum ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 17,527 posts
  • Locationla la land (this is where you can reach me now;)

Posted 16 January 2014 - 03:20 PM

June of what year? ;)

2 567 888 999

I'll be too old to go by then!!

U2-SOI-4d-small_zpsdef94624.gif

#19 Carry Each Other

Carry Each Other

Ultraviolet ✪✪✪✪✪

• 312 posts
  • LocationOutside it's America

Posted 17 January 2014 - 04:38 AM

I'm happy to hear of new stuff dropping, but I won't hold my breath on any release date, especially since Bono hinted at one.  LOL!  I truly love their music, but know better than bet on the words of The Fly / MacPhisto.  LOL!

#20 Sunflower1mdp

Sunflower1mdp

Atomic Bomb ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 3,679 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 23 January 2014 - 06:49 PM

I'm happy to hear of new stuff dropping, but I won't hold my breath on any release date, especially since Bono hinted at one.  LOL!  I truly love their music, but know better than bet on the words of The Fly / MacPhisto.  LOL!

Yeah, and now I'm hearing something about an April release??  Okaaaay...