Interesting. lol

http://www.u2gigs.co..._Park-l129.html

#162 febottini

febottini

Playboy Mansion ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 1,349 posts
  • LocationSão Paulo - Brazil

Posted 09 January 2017 - 09:33 PM

It's very, very sad that South America was scrapped once again!

I became U2 fan with The Joshua Tree, so it'd be amazing to celebrate it with the band. My heart is broken!!!!

7632973530_0c548fe21e.jpg

#163 stevescouse

stevescouse

Numb ✪

• 3 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 09:50 PM

Kings of Leon Thursday 6th and Tom Petty Sunday 9th July at Hyde Park, making a U2 sandwich on Saturday 8th at Twickers - the voicebox can hardly wait!!!

As the man said, "is this rock & roll?"

#164 Sleathy!

Sleathy!

Party Girl / Boy ✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 489 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 10:44 PM

not clear on the tickets presales, it says 4tickets per code, but can you buy for example 2tickets for 1 show and 2 for another one?

This is exactly my question .....I hope it has been answered further on in this thread as I read it .... Hope so ...

#165 mike7man

mike7man

Playboy Mansion ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 1,407 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor, MI USA

Posted 09 January 2017 - 10:47 PM

Maybe if you want to purchase a VIP package you can do that from Weds irrespective of whether you are "Red Hill" or "Wires".  Only a guess...  but I assume it relates to VIP packages as opposed to another tier of membership.

Looks to me (from TM) like Wires VIP access is on Thursday (not Weds.), which would make sense.  It's not entirely clear.  There is a regular VIP onsale (the following week) and they do list (maybe for Wires?) a Thurs. VIP presale.

#166 paul_healy

paul_healy

Achtung Baby ✪✪✪

• 53 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 11:00 PM

my predictions for when the JT tour is finished 

Songs Of Experience to come out in the Autumn and then the Joshua Tree tour will head down under for a few shows in Jan/Feb 2018 and the SOE world tour will commence in 2018 and will run up until the middle of 2019 ???

#167 nitz1

nitz1

Party Girl / Boy ✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 446 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 09 January 2017 - 11:06 PM

So more like a traditional stage set up as opposed to a 360 one we had kind of gotten used to. B-Stage looks rather large. The shape of it kind of reminds me of a tree (The JT iykwim :D )

Indeed! Judging by the Dublin seat map, that's what they were aiming for  B)

tumblr_ojiheh4SRp1taetfso1_1280.jpg

Can we assume pitch 1 and 2 is only stadium entrance per comments over the graphic- and not location of your GA ticket (section 1 or 2) ? Confusing to me

#168 mich40

mich40

Rattle and Hum ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 12,603 posts
  • LocationOff in LaLa Land

Posted 09 January 2017 - 11:08 PM

not clear on the tickets presales, it says 4tickets per code, but can you buy for example 2tickets for 1 show and 2 for another one?

This is exactly my question .....I hope it has been answered further on in this thread as I read it .... Hope so ...

From the FAQs here: http://www.u2.com/help

Q - How Many Tickets can I buy? What is the ticket limit?
A - As a paid-up U2.com Subscriber you are eligible to purchase up to FOUR (4) tickets for any show or combination of shows (for example you can purchase 2 tickets for a show in New York and 2 tickets for a show in San Francisco, or 1 ticket for New York, 1 ticket for San Francisco, 1 ticket for London and 1 ticket for Rome.)

Posted Image

#169 paul_healy

paul_healy

Achtung Baby ✪✪✪

• 53 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 11:13 PM

So more like a traditional stage set up as opposed to a 360 one we had kind of gotten used to. B-Stage looks rather large. The shape of it kind of reminds me of a tree (The JT iykwim :D )

Indeed! Judging by the Dublin seat map, that's what they were aiming for  B)

tumblr_ojiheh4SRp1taetfso1_1280.jpg

Can we assume pitch 1 and 2 is only stadium entrance per comments over the graphic- and not location of your GA ticket (section 1 or 2) ? Confusing to me

AFAIK A few sections of the stands may be closed due to the stage layout normally sections 301/302, 336/335,701/702 and 736/735 and 1 or 2 sections connecting the Davin too the Hogan and Cusack stands (The speaker towers would be blocking the view of the stage)

#170 voicefromdc

voicefromdc

Wanderer ✪✪✪✪

• 191 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 02:07 PM

Sing:  Shiny Happy People Waiting for the Tour.....!

​shiny happy people waiting for the tour....!

:rolleyes:    :rolleyes:   :rolleyes:   :rolleyes:   :blink:   :rolleyes:    :o

:rolleyes:   :rolleyes:   :rolleyes:   :P     :rolleyes:    :D    :rolleyes:  

:rolleyes:   :wub:    :rolleyes:    :rolleyes:    ^_^

#171 kerrih

kerrih

Numb ✪

• 1 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 05:30 AM

You guys are amazing! I can't believe you knew all this weeks ago. Very excited about the announcement. I'm a red hill here. Wondering if anyone has heard if they will release more dates.. I guess I should just use up my 4 tickets regardless but usually they tell you they might release more dates on the future. Anyone heard? Thanks :)

#172 Max Tsukino

Max Tsukino

Rattle and Hum ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 14,842 posts
  • LocationMexico City

Posted 11 January 2017 - 05:38 AM

You guys are amazing! I can't believe you knew all this weeks ago. Very excited about the announcement. I'm a red hill here. Wondering if anyone has heard if they will release more dates.. I guess I should just use up my 4 tickets regardless but usually they tell you they might release more dates on the future. Anyone heard? Thanks :)

No official information regarding new dates. You may need to take some time to decide if the risk of holding the code is good/worthy for you, i'm afraid...

JT30_Sig_zpsnfxq5kfz.jpg

#173 peterferris8

peterferris8

Atomic Bomb ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 3,687 posts
  • LocationBrighton

Posted 11 January 2017 - 09:09 AM

I've managed to nab a GA ticket for London...this is gonna be emotional!

U2 gigs: The O2 Arena, London, 25/10/15 & 03/11/15 Night 1 - The Miracle

#174 Angela

Angela

Ultraviolet ✪✪✪✪✪

• 264 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 09:17 AM

Yay! Got GA tickets for Dublin and London! I was impressed with how easy it was this time, sailed through with no problem.  Is it July yet?!

#175 LadyHathor

LadyHathor

Wanderer ✪✪✪✪

• 192 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 03:33 PM

Sincerely hoping the tour hits Vegas and/or Phoenix at some point. Seems crazy to play The Joshua Tree without hitting these two desert cities. 

I mean, I'll drive to LA if I have to, but I love hearing the Joshua Tree songs in those locations.

#176 dermo

dermo

Achtung Baby ✪✪✪

• 67 posts
  • LocationHome of the Purple & Gold

Posted 16 January 2017 - 09:51 AM

I mentioned earlier in this thread that I hoped something could be done to stop the touts, including Seatwave.  I know U2 are contracted to Live Nation/Ticketmaster/Guy Oseary et al but somebody needs to be first to make a stand on behalf of concert goers and in my opinion U2 are big and bold enough to do so.  Its all very well sending pizza to those queuing in Stephens Green but make a stand that will really make a difference to the fans.  The only alternative I see is that governments get involved and legislate against this highway robbery.