Songs of Ascent

blueyedboy

• Subscriber

I haven't heard Fish OOW Boots - sounds interesting.

I really think Boots was the only song Bono had in mind when he made those earlier comments about what NLOTH would be like. I have to admit that I don't mind that song - but it is certainly overall one of the most contrived and cynical pop efforts from the band.

Stand Up Comedy has a great guitar riff - one of Edge's best, it's just a shame the rest of the song is so lame (especially Bono's lyrics). I love the attitude they start out with in Breathe, but they seem to hold back and play it safe with the chorus instead of really going for it. Ugh, and I hate Bono's vocals on the album version of No Line - that hideous bit where he makes that noise about 'her putting her tongue in his ear' pretty much ruined the entire song for me. I don't know why anyone in the camp thought that sounded good and allowed it to go out - I think it's an embarassment!!

the tongue in my ear as a lyric? well i can live with that, but i cant imagine sticking a tongue in bono's fat ear! stand up comedy i can see what you mean by the lyrics. they are rather throw-away! the music rocks yet bono's deep search for lyrics goes missing.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:

Fortitude']I haven't heard Fish OOW Boots - sounds interesting.

I really think Boots was the only song Bono had in mind when he made those earlier comments about what NLOTH would be like. I have to admit that I don't mind that song - but it is certainly overall one of the most contrived and cynical pop efforts from the band.

Stand Up Comedy has a great guitar riff - one of Edge's best, it's just a shame the rest of the song is so lame (especially Bono's lyrics). I love the attitude they start out with in Breathe, but they seem to hold back and play it safe with the chorus instead of really going for it. Ugh, and I hate Bono's vocals on the album version of No Line - that hideous bit where he makes that noise about 'her putting her tongue in his ear' pretty much ruined the entire song for me. I don't know why anyone in the camp thought that sounded good and allowed it to go out - I think it's an embarassment!!

the tongue in my ear as a lyric? well i can live with that, but i cant imagine sticking a tongue in bono's fat ear! stand up comedy i can see what you mean by the lyrics. they are rather throw-away! the music rocks yet bono's deep search for lyrics goes missing.

yeah the lyrics may be less, but the song itself sounds like Bono's personality. i was surprised they havent played it (and maybe they havent because of the lyrics) but still it almost seems as if the song was written for Bonos exaggerated performances. not a bad thing