Help!

sean

Update! I recieved an email from Fan Fire Order Help yesterday telling me to send an email to webmaster@u2.com stating my problem. So hopefully I'll be hearing back from them real soon. Untill then I'll keep trying, ie deleteing all cookies and temp internet files from IE and Firefox and hope for the best. Once again thanks for all the suggestions but I think the U2 gods will have to fix this one.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Um, yeah good luck with this!

I JUST got back in today after having your problem for almost 6 months!

The upgrade for some reason helped me. I had opened 3 accounts thinking it would change each time! No such luck. And may I add that the tech support really sucked! I submitted countless e mails to "the webmaster" and many phone calls to FanFire (all at +30 minutes each) .....they can only handle "orders" not tech support! But some fan fire peeps did try their best and some were really really trying for me! It was very frustrating i missed out on alot since tickets went on sale!

I couldn't post.....how is it that you are able to post on here?

good luck to you! hope it works ASAP!!!

I have no idea why I'm able to post on here. The rest of this sight recognizes I'm a paying member. Everything but the message boards sooooo....

Anyway I recieved another email from U2.com asking me to renew my membership early. Looking at my screen dumbfounded all I could think was "ARE YOU FU*&%$# KIDDING ME?"

So the struggle continues I'll keep on trying and hoping the webmaster at U2.com doesn't have his head up his ass. Once again thank you all for your ideas and good wishes, Sean

• Subscriber
hi sean

sorry you are still having issues, have copied this thread and will be forwarding to tech over the weekend and will get back to you should they require any further info from you

BW

Hey Big Wave...I am having similar issues...as you know I am having issues with profile piks and sometimes when I am on message boards and try to reply or start a new topic it takes me back to the home page.  I too have done all of the above and emailed tech support twice...I have not gotten any email back from them.  Thanks!!!!!!!!!!

I am also still not able to get to the members forum. I have tried the fixes, deleted all my U2 cookies, use Firefox and tried IE. I have tried logging in and out, with the "keep me signed in" box checked & unchecked. I am supposedly "logged in", it says "Welcome Echo_Hawk". I can get to my profile, but it says that the last time I logged on was 2 weeks ago, so apparently I'm really not logged in!

I have posted in the general forum about this problem before and have also sent several emails through the "help" link, technical issues topic, but have not gotten a response.

I think the problem has something to do with the underscore (_) in my profile name as it (and my photo) doesn't show up along side my postings.

I REALLY, REALLY would like to be able to sign in there as we are going to the Tampa show in less than 2 weeks now and I want to check whatever updated info is there about that show such as fan gatherings etc. We never had the opportunity to see "the lads" before so this is our long awaited first show and we want all to be perfect.

We have been paying members for several years now though it says in the profile that we joined 6 months ago! Someone needs to get this stuff sorted out and SOON!

PLEASE, PLEASE HELP!!!

I too have an underscore in my profile name (currently) that does not show up, but the other 2 accounts I tried to open did not. So i think it is definitely something from their end. I went through 6 months of this hell and begged and pleaded. I have no idea how it was fixed but i am now magically able to get to the the paid side and also post!

I feel your pain.... best of luck

[quote name='Jen wrote:

bigwave']hi sean

sorry you are still having issues, have copied this thread and will be forwarding to tech over the weekend and will get back to you should they require any further info from you

BW

Hey Big Wave...I am having similar issues...as you know I am having issues with profile piks and sometimes when I am on message boards and try to reply or start a new topic it takes me back to the home page.  I too have done all of the above and emailed tech support twice...I have not gotten any email back from them.  Thanks!!!!!!!!!!

I was having the same problems as you were and have just gotten back on after

deleting my cookies.  Whenever I would try to post it would take me back to the

home page-same as you. Probably a crazy  question, but when you tried to delete your cookies,

did you save your changes?

I wrote to tech support 3 times and didn't get an answer.  I found the 'cookie' tip....

tried it, and it worked for me.  Hope you try it again and it works this time.