NO ENERGY IN NO LINE....

promans

There's no energy in your review.

Your objective is barely recognizable, and it makes you come off as a self indulgent, whiney fan who thinks that u2 owes you something.

I miss the raw passion, the objectivity of fan reviews, and your just does not deliver that.

This review just sounds asleep to me, sorry, I'm sure your a nice guy offline and all, I"m sureu you have a stunning personality, but for some reasonthis just comes off like something an emotionless rock would write.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your objective is barely recognizable, and it makes you come off as a self indulgent, whiney fan who thinks that u2 owes you something.

I miss the raw passion, the objectivity of fan reviews, and your just does not deliver that.

This review just sounds asleep to me, sorry, I'm sure your a nice guy offline and all, I"m sureu you have a stunning personality, but for some reasonthis just comes off like something an emotionless rock would write.

• Subscriber

ahhhhhhh thats the word I have been looking for ENERGY, some of the new stuff is has no energy. HTDAB had lots more energy, songs like Veritgo, Love and Peace,

City of Blinding Lights, were right up there. Im not saying I don't like the new stuff I do. Been playing it everyday, starting to grow on me a lot. Im

starting to hum and sing the tunes to myself. What im excited in hearing is the new stuff Live. U2 is known to be a great live band, they can make any song

come alive wether you like it or not. Different feeling in concert.image

Completely diasgree w/ the thead starter... Are we listening to the same release??? Bono's voice sounds young again - I love Edge's old Explorer on

'Magnificent'... unknown caller is phenomenal, etc., etc. 'Boots' is a bit trendy - buy as much as I dug HTDAAB a-la Miracle Drug and Sometimes

- No line grabbed me more right away. I'm 48 - and a U2 fan since a young 20-year-old via Boy in '80 - they just keep getting better w/ age.

• Subscriber

I totally disagree with you. Have you been watching Letterman? Bono's voice is so strong and his voice is so passionate. I can't believe they have had

3 perfect nights in a row. The band has been phenomenal and those there to see it live are so fortunate. U2 is a live band....if you look at Letterman show it

will change your mind and you will look at the songs so differently. I can hardly wait to see them live to sing these songs!!!

• Subscriber

I totally agree with you...I was 20 years old or so and listening to U2. They have never disappointed me. Every song has a connection for me. I can't

explain it, but I have been a fan for about the same time - 26 years or so and I feel like a kid right now. So excited about this album, their appearances on

Letterman have been fantastic! Bono's voice is so strong. I can't believe how phenomenal he is live! I can't wait to see the live! I believe a true

U2 fan will like anything they do, as it will always have their special touch or influence. I can't wait to see them tonight on Letterman!

• Subscriber

Phil wrote:

U2 is my favorite band in the universe.....Having said that.....I just bought NO LINE ON THE HOR I ZON and I am sad to say...it is the most depressing piece of work U2 has ever put out.

Bono's amazing vocals are barely recognizable and almost non-existent compared to thier other albums. It's almost like he was moaning the whole album, depressing really.

Where are the searing guitar licks and solos....the big drums....what happened?

I am very disappointed. I could not wait to buy this CD. It's nothing even close to what I anticipated it to be.

I miss the raw passion and the hard edge that U2 is known for.

This album does not really have any of that.

I know there are those who will disagree because U2 can do no wrong....after all …they are probably the best and most famous rock band ever to be, but that does not mean everything they do is going to be automatically great.

This new CD just sounds
asleep
to me. I don't get it at all. It lacks of passion and feels empty.

Sorry guys.....anyway you are still the best rock band on the planet in spite of this.

Thank you for all the years of great music and inspiration.

Phil

I totally agree - this album is completely spineless...

a quote from my brother explains it best I think:

"new u2 album = total rubbish - makes HTDAAB a masterpiece by comparison (the sleeve looks good though). the whole album sounds as if a long hairedteenager has been goofing about on an effects pedal and has discovered delay for the first time. as for the lyrics - most of them sound as if bono has openedup a dictionary of business speak and modern "street" and tried to mix the two together with the effect of a parenttrying to be cool and impress their kid in front of their mates. no anthems, no melodies, dodgy lyrics - sounds like b-sides of boy, war and october. dare isay makes passengers sound good as well."

• Subscriber

Sorry Phil I can't agree with you mate. The album has enough energy for me as per the songs Mac mentioned. I'm extremely happy with NLOTH. It hasenough of the key elements that makes U2 what U2 are i.e Passion, innovation, soul, intelligence, power and spirituality. The Letterman show, showed that U2will deliver these songs phenominally in the Live form. Here we have after 33 years a band that has released another album that has produced music that hasthem moving in a new direction. After following this band like a zealot since '84 I find it incredibly unlifting that this band and this new album canstill do it for me.