Dallas show review

Patty Robertson

Interesting show. Thought the opening act, Muse, had bit of muffled sound. U2 put on a stunning show up until the last song, then either Edge or Adam and Bono got off sinc and the last part of the song was off key. I've been to many, many U2 shows and never have seen this happen. Very noticeable.  Sorry to see/hear that happen.  Other than that, thought Bono might be avoiding the higher notes.  Maybe that's the safer route to go on tour with many performances to go.  Still loved the performance.

There were a lot of complaints about the sound quality of this show....none of it was U2, more like the venue. With the roof closed (great for the lighting, bad for audio), the sound couldn't go anywhere. First and foremost, the new Dallas Cowboy's stadium was built for football....meaning that they designed it so that it would be extra loud for the opposing team. In order to do that, slabs of concrete walls and hard surfaces help do this...reverberate. There's only so much you can do to dial it in. Maybe next time, opening the roof will help.

• Subscriber

Dallas was my fifth show of the tour, third GA show and second in the inner circle. I thought Bono was very "fired up" and he had lots of energy. I thought the performance was outstanding and was as good if not better than any of the other four shows I attended (Chi 1 and 2, Bos 1 and 2). Thankfully you do not have the same sound quality issues in the GA. But at times I could hear the sound bouncing around the building.