New setlist for 2010?

mdaredevil

• Subscriber

Two Hearts Beat As One, Gloria, 11 O'clock Tick Tock, Party Girl, God Part II, Red Hill Mining Town, One Tree Hill, if they played these songs i would be soooooo happY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh and OUT OF CONTROL or I will follow. i would faint!!!!!!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

I think it's a PLUS to have U2 play U2 snippets in their songs LIVE!! i.e In Gods Country as of late..... I think they have enough songs now to blend them in and out of other songs... no disrespect to frankie goes to Hollyhood et al..... remember Bullet the blue sky on Love Tour when they would play a snippet of 11 O Clock Tick tock......... BRILLLLLLLLLLLLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT....

• Subscriber

I think it's a PLUS to have U2 play U2 snippets in their songs LIVE!! i.e In Gods Country as of late..... I think they have enough songs now to blend them in and out of other songs... no disrespect to frankie goes to Hollyhood et al..... remember Bullet the blue sky on Love Tour when they would play a snippet of 11 O Clock Tick tock......... BRILLLLLLLLLLLLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT....

yeah 11 o clock tick tock break in bullet is one true highlight!!!!!!!!!!!!! im like wow! they should do that more. like stories for boys in vertigo too! makes vertigo much much better!

• Subscriber

FIRST: They need to come back BOSTON in 2010!! I'd say they need to take Moment of Surrender off the end. They need new songs from Songs of Ascent, HMTMKMKM, Bullet the Blue Sky, Wire, Mofo, God Part II, Tryin' to Throw Your Arms Around the World, and Heartland.

• Subscriber

I say scrap the entire stage since it's costing more than a few arms and legs, then scrap the 2009 set list and plan on mixing it up for 2010. Let's get back to basics and make the upcoming shows about the music and not the production!

• Subscriber

Rough attempt to mix things up a bit. Four versions. Checking them all out using mostly studio versions at the moment - may edit later depending on how poorly they flow without allowing for additional transitional material between songs. Night 1 works better than I expected already (thanks to bizarre things like how the drums might work out between trying to throw and stuck in a full band version), but I'm sure it'll hit a snag <g> [nope - having listened, perhaps pacing might be an issue, but I'm pretty happy with all 4 versions but I'm sure the band can do better]

The Entry (these are a bit matched to the next section)

Night 1 Breathe / All Because of You / Get on Your Boots / Even Better Than the Real Thing / Trying to Throw / Stuck in a Moment

Night 2 Get on Your Boots / Mysterious Ways / Elevation / Gone / Kite / Crumbs

Night 3 Breathe / Get on your Boots / Elevation / In a Little While / Sometimes You Can’t Make it On Your Own / Mysterious Ways

A change to the Unforgettable Fire anniversary material:

Night 1  (1st 2 are content related) Drowning Man / A Sort of Homecoming / Bad

Night 2 (happy sunshine) The Three Sunrises / Unknown Caller / City of Building Lights

Night 3 (tearing it up – though Luminous times also permits a “sunshine†tie to Unknown Caller instead of Unforgettable Fire as another variant) Luminous Times / The Unforgettable Fire / Wire /

Transition:

Vertigo/Get Back/Across the Universe (40th Anniversary of Let It Be)

A more movin’ and groovin’ entry into the message bit:

The Kingdom

Crazy (remix)

Stand Up Comedy

Beautiful Day

Message (Sunday Bloody Sunday either gets dropped or expanded to include Afghanistan, Walk On is maintained as they proposed for the whole tour)

Night 1 Streets / One / Walk On

Night 2 Love Rescue Me / One / Walk On

Night 3 Still Haven’t Found / Walk On / MLK

Time – space & awe, and a 3rd Passengers tune

Night 1 Last Night on Earth / No Line on the Horizon / Magnificent

Night 2/3 Always Forever Now / No Line on the Horizon / Magnificent

The difficult relationship ending (shifting from Ultra Violet / With or Without You / Moment of Surrender) – I’d switch encores 1 & 2 for a more “up†ending, but some of these songs should be more agreeable to a crowd late set

Night 1 Please / Until the End of the World / Moment of Surrender

Night 2 Ultra Violet / Running to Stand Still / Moment of Surrender

Night 3 Stay / With or Without You / Moment of Surrender

So by night that’s:

Night 1

1 Breathe

2 All Because of You

3 Get on Your Boots

4 Even Better Than the Real Thing

5 Trying to Throw

6 Stuck in a Moment

7 Drowning Man

8 A Sort of Homecoming

9 Bad

10 Vertigo/Get Back/Across the Universe

11 The Kingdom

12 Crazy (remix)

13 Stand Up Comedy

14 Beautiful Day

15 Streets

16 One

17 Walk On

18 Last Night on Earth

19 No Line on the Horizon

20 Magnificent

21 Please

22 Until the End of the World

23 Moment of Surrender

Night 2

1 Get on Your Boots

2 Mysterious Ways

3 Elevation

4 Gone

5 Kite

6 Crumbs

7 The Three Sunrises

8 Unknown Caller

9 City of Blinding Lights

11 The Kingdom

12 Crazy (remix)

13 Stand Up Comedy

14 Beautiful Day

15 Love Rescue Me

16 One

17 Walk On

18 Always Forever Now

20 Magnificent

21 Ultra Violet

22 Running to Stand Still

23 Moment of Surrender

Night 3

1 Breathe

2 Get on your Boots

3 Elevation

4 In a Little While

5 Sometimes You Can’t Make it On Your Own

6 Mysterious Ways

7 Luminous Times

8 The Unforgettable Fire (or Unknown Caller)

9 Wire

11 The Kingdom

12 Crazy (remix)

13 Stand Up Comedy

14 Beautiful Day

15 Still Haven’t Found

16 Walk on

17 MLK

18 Always Forever Now

20 Magnificent