U2 (Cancel Next Years Paris Concert)

mollison

• Subscriber

IN protest to the disgraceful treatment of the Irish Nation by the French Soccer Team, French Federation, and most of all the biggest cheat in sport Tierry Henry the band should now join with their brothers in protest.

Demonstrations have been held in Dublin today v the French Embassy and bigger ones are been planned in the coming week along with campaigns in all major irish cities to avoid purchasing french produce. U2 can show their support to the nation by not playing in Paris next year.......this is only the start of it as far as the Irish people are concerned. 

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

oh ffs, what does music have to do with sports?

Would it be fare to Franch fans who have bought the tickets, the people who will travel from far lands to Paris next summer to see the band, to the people who have already paid their hotels and airplace tix?

You know, the whole country doesn't have to suffer because of one turd.

• Subscriber

IN protest to the disgraceful treatment of the Irish Nation by the French Soccer Team, French Federation, and most of all the biggest cheat in sport Tierry Henry the band should now join with their brothers in protest.

Demonstrations have been held in Dublin today v the French Embassy and bigger ones are been planned in the coming week along with campaigns in all major irish cities to avoid purchasing french produce. U2 can show their support to the nation by not playing in Paris next year.......this is only the start of it as far as the Irish people are concerned. 

Give over,that's the biggest load of rubbish I have ever read!! Music and sport totally different, get over it, it's not going to happen, yes it was wrong what happened, but nothing is going to change!!!!mad.gif

As an Irish person I think it should be the end of it!!! And I am one of those people who has tickets for the show in Paris and don't see why I should have to miss out!

• Subscriber

Give over,that's the biggest load of rubbish I have ever read!! Music and sport totally different, get over it, it's not going to happen, yes it was wrong what happened, but nothing is going to change!!!!mad.gif

As an Irish person I think it should be the end of it!!! And I am one of those people who has tickets for the show in Paris and don't see why I should have to miss out!

holy crap, a missed call dude, thats it, thats all it was, happens all the time..like it said above, move on......there could have easily have been a french penalty shot when the Irish keeper hauled down Anelka ....don't hear much about that point though....

• Subscriber

Oh come on. It was a handball in football. That was up to the refs and officials to call. Period. They didn't. It was a bad call. Probably up there with the worst calls of calls in sports.

Because of missed call there are demonstrations and protests? Sure, that behavior makes sense.

• Subscriber

Oh come on. It was a handball in football. That was up to the refs and officials to call. Period. They didn't. It was a bad call. Probably up there with the worst calls of calls in sports.

Because of missed call there are demonstrations and protests? Sure, that behavior makes sense.

• Subscriber

What a crock of shit, as an irishman I should maybe go & tell the missus our holiday next year in the South of France should be cancelled? I would then be a dead Irishman. Of course they should not cancel it ya plonker.

Now I do have to say to Nb_Dude, do not belittle this so called "missed call", this was an act of cheating not just a simple missed call, this was for a small nation to go to The World Cup Finals, a proper World Tournament that the vast majority of our squad will never have the chance to play in again and get your facts right, Anelka didn't get a penalty because it wasn't a penalty, the keeper would have had a make contact with the player for that to happen & that didn't happen, in fact he should have been booked for diving (again cheating), the disallowed goal was also offside, so probably best you keep your chats for music cos you know fuck all about football.

Protest all we like, it ain't gonna change anything, FIFA is run by the French & Germans.

Rant over, Thanks for not putting this in the paid section as I wouldn't have seen it overwise.