Golf?

U2LAWoman

• Subscriber
No not a pink floyd fan, i think it's all a bit of a druggie band. You need cannabis to appreciate them! No point shouting at the nurses- they'll just make your life harder!!

there should be more docs like you out there!!

comfortably numb? i prefer the scissor sisters version!

i never heard the scissor sisters verion , btw!

but i'm not much of a pinkfloyd-fan either.. only one i can sing by heart is...the wall.. of course! every teenager can sing those lyrics...

• Subscriber

Really ths scissor sisters version was a Huge hit in the UK, great video too- look it up on you tube!

But pink floyd were indeed wrong! you do need education! Oh shit i'm drunk and going on and on!

Experience has taught me that it is never helpful to shout at the nurses - even when they have made a mistake- it's unprofessional and makes you look like a wanker.

• Subscriber

you're right of course about the education (i'm goin on and on about that to my kids..) but it sure felt good shouting :'WE DONT NEED NO EDUCATION, WE DONT NEED NO THOUGHT-CONTROL!!' didnt it?

i'll look for the scissorsistershit (i do mean hit and not shit, looks like that the way i typed it, sorry) tomorrow.

and you're right about the shouting, fortunately the 'younger' doctors show more respect , but as for the older, they still love to see you tremble.... 

• Subscriber
What do yoiu do barbara- nurse is pretty generic- I'm a GP.
just started a new job 3 weeks ago. before that i worked 4 years on an oncology-lungdisease-unit in a smaller hospital.

loved that but the pressure got to high; not enough nurses (often replaced by assistent-nurses because of the lac) and we deed so many nights, with little recup-time.

so now i work in a home for elderly, mostly psychiatric patients. it's a big difference, but i love working with them! but i miss my old job very much (and colleagues and the patients...) i still dont know if it was the right decision....

• Subscriber

i play every now and then ....if your playing well its a great game but if for some reason your spraying it about it becomes a bit of a nightmare!. but generally its a great game and well worth trying at least once in your life. only problem is you need to practice a fair bit before you hit the god courses to really enjoy it. and some lessons are a must.

think my best golfing moment was holing a 100 yard shot for an eagle at my local golf course ....it was in competition so it was even better, came second and won a crystal decanter.

yeah ..its good fun driving the buggies about! ..my mate who does play much came out with us and he wanted to drive the buggy, he didnt realise he was in reverse and crashed into the clubhouse ....hahahaha, quickest tee off ever that day!.

• Subscriber

The last time I played golf was in Tennessee, May 2008. I went and played 18 holes. Every hole I either shot a par, a biridie or a bogey....I was happy with myself as I don't play golf that much.

The next day back to the course, I quit after 5 holes, everytime I hit the ball it would slice to the right or the left or if I hit it straight it would bobble along about 50 yards.

Golf is a difficult game; got to have mentallity to play the sport.

• Subscriber
i play every now and then ....if your playing well its a great game but if for some reason your spraying it about it becomes a bit of a nightmare!. but generally its a great game and well worth trying at least once in your life. only problem is you need to practice a fair bit before you hit the god courses to really enjoy it. and some lessons are a must.

think my best golfing moment was holing a 100 yard shot for an eagle at my local golf course ....it was in competition so it was even better, came second and won a crystal decanter.

yeah ..its good fun driving the buggies about! ..my mate who does play much came out with us and he wanted to drive the buggy, he didnt realise he was in reverse and crashed into the clubhouse ....hahahaha, quickest tee off ever that day!.

LOL!! Well....we finally had to play what my sis calls.."best ball" haha...because ...well.......it was becoming nightmarish towards the end! And it was a bit crowded and we didn't want to frustrate the guys behind us..and we were sharing clubs..something that my sis says is usually not allowed.

• Subscriber
The last time I played golf was in Tennessee, May 2008. I went and played 18 holes. Every hole I either shot a par, a biridie or a bogey....I was happy with myself as I don't play golf that much.

The next day back to the course, I quit after 5 holes, everytime I hit the ball it would slice to the right or the left or if I hit it straight it would bobble along about 50 yards.

Golf is a difficult game; got to have mentallity to play the sport.

Well......I will try to play again. But on less busy day. It doesn't help when there is a group behind you making faces because you lost your ball near the fence under all the leaves and you can't find it.frown.gif