Full version of Winter from the Film Brothers:Listen Here.

jackie_llopis

I like the new version just as much as the Linear one. Click the link below to hear the full song! smile.gif

http://incontention.com/?p=18696

by the way, I read a comment at the bottom of the page where the song is, and someone said that this version lacks the power of the Linear version. I DO agree with that though, except the song is still good :)

• Subscriber

sorry the worst u2 song recorded this decade. could be contender for the worst song for 20 years. bono sounds awful, the new version is not very good rather lame and boring, and unlike the original version on linear the lyrics on the new version are simply throw-away. sorry but if this is what SOA will offer, im starting to lose interest.

how the hell people can listen to bono on this track and not laugh is beyond me. he is so out of tune as i said he sounds drunk.

• Subscriber
how the hell people can listen to bono on this track and not laugh is beyond me. he is so out of tune as i said he sounds drunk.
I hear some drunkeness in the Linear version too. Less, but I do hear what you are calling drunkeness. Maybe it was meant to sound this way and become different. I like them both, but I would listen to the Linear version more,  because I really like the way Bono's vocals change throughout the song and of course it's got that U2 guitar(you can listen to it forever sound)and not tire of it.

• Subscriber

Some people here like songs that are not rock songs, no I don't laugh when I listen to it, I like it, Bono sounds a bit nasal in, it it's true, but saying he's drunk and out of tune? He's not out of tune, sorry. I don't like controversies, but  I really find you quite rude expressing your opinions

• Subscriber

[quote name='mariacm wrote:

MacFoley']

Some people here like songs that are not rock songs, no I don't laugh when I listen to it, I like it, Bono sounds a bit nasal in, it it's true, but saying he's drunk and out of tune? He's not out of tune, sorry. I don't like controversies, but  I really find you quite rude expressing your opinionsoh well, im sure you will live.

thats it, the original version, its the guitar and bass rolling riff that makes the song ooze quality. the tribal drums from larry too, awesome, and then i click on the link to the brother version, and where is edge, where is adam, where is larry? and we get an out of tune bono and a boring re-work of a great song? thats the last i will say on the matter.

• Subscriber

I really like the Linear version quite a lot. I think the new version is good, but not as good. The original does carry more emotion and power both in the singing and in the instrumentation. My guess is (like others have said in other posts) that it was re-recorded to better fit the movie which is the entire point of music in movies to begin with.