Why I am waving goodbye to U2

Dunlop

I agree with some of this dunlop fella/girls post.

Who's got the balls to call me out on it??

A bit predictable some of the responses on here to be honest,as I always say U2 aren't the fuckin be all and end all,oh and incidentally this is from a fan since 82!

ME.....

yer talkin pish ya madman.....lol....

at the end of the day we all have our differences on this band and it is only our opinion i mean i don't really give a shit if someone doesn't like/agree with my opinion big deal fuck 'em.....

i can be as praising of this band as i can be critical and i don't need to throw my credentials out there for all to see like the OP.....whom i understand has never seen a grown woman naked........tongue.gif

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='ceallach67 wrote:

tongue.gif">gibbo1968

I hear ya Gibbo and I said as much. I agreed with some of what was said too. My only thing was that the post might have been better received had Dunlop just simly stated what he/she wanted to in regards to their disappointment about U2 minus the insult in the first line of the first post as they might have found that quite a few of us did agree with some of what was said. 

Damn... you've got me by a year on the fandom.  tongue.gif

eek.gif

• Subscriber

you are right of course,ceallache67! if someone doesn't like u2 (anymore) it's their perogative....(like many of us stated in the 'my friend doesn't like u2, how to reply to his...' or something like that- thread)

but coming on this board and posting all your dislikes is a bit of a provocation, cause you're very well aware it is filled here with people who love u2 to pieces.... and objectivity towards this post isn't to be expected...

if the poster was here to discuse a certain song or album, tension wouldn't have risen so high, but coming to a board of passionated fans to say you 're not a u2 fan anymore cause they 're not making stuff worth listeing to , or they outsold or betrayed themselves and their original fans , well you're bound to get the reactions he got...

it just was risky-business...certainly after the name-calling eyes.gif

Actually the only thing he did do wrong was the initial insult followed up by the name calling to those who didn't agree.

The decision to come to a U2 board to voice your opinion, whether it be negative or positive,  isn't really doing anything wrong. Though, yes, it does seem a little out there to join a board of a band simply to say that you are no longer going to be a fan of said band.  That action takes the definition of pointless to a whole new level, in my opinion.  If you feel that way and you've never been a part of the fan forum before, why bother?  To each his own in how they spend their time I guess.

• Subscriber

you are right of course,ceallache67! if someone doesn't like u2 (anymore) it's their perogative....(like many of us stated in the 'my friend doesn't like u2, how to reply to his...' or something like that- thread)

but coming on this board and posting all your dislikes is a bit of a provocation, cause you're very well aware it is filled here with people who love u2 to pieces.... and objectivity towards this post isn't to be expected...

if the poster was here to discuse a certain song or album, tension wouldn't have risen so high, but coming to a board of passionated fans to say you 're not a u2 fan anymore cause they 're not making stuff worth listeing to , or they outsold or betrayed themselves and their original fans , well you're bound to get the reactions he got...

it just was risky-business...certainly after the name-calling eyes.gif

Actually the only thing he did do wrong was the initial insult followed up by the name calling to those who didn't agree.

The decision to come to a U2 board to voice your opinion, whether it be negative or positive,  isn't really doing anything wrong. Though, yes, it does seem a little out there to join a board of a band simply to say that you are no longer going to be a fan of said band.  That action takes the definition of pointless to a whole new level, in my opinion.  If you feel that way and you've never been a part of the fan forum before, why bother?  To each his own in how they spend their time I guess.

• Subscriber

[quote name='sea_islander wrote:

ceallach67 wrote:

tongue.gif">gibbo1968

I hear ya Gibbo and I said as much. I agreed with some of what was said too. My only thing was that the post might have been better received had Dunlop just simly stated what he/she wanted to in regards to their disappointment about U2 minus the insult in the first line of the first post as they might have found that quite a few of us did agree with some of what was said. 

Damn... you've got me by a year on the fandom. 
tongue.gif

eek.gif

What's the problem?  The Rams reference is totally lost on me.  Care to explain?

• Subscriber

ceallach67 wrote:

tongue.gif">gibbo1968

Damn... you've got me by a year on the fandom. 
tongue.gif

eek.gif

What's the problem?  The Rams reference is totally lost on me.  Care to explain?

[quote name='basher1 wrote:

gibbo1968']I agree with some of this dunlop fella/girls post.

Who's got the balls to call me out on it??

A bit predictable some of the responses on here to be honest,as I always say U2 aren't the fuckin be all and end all,oh and incidentally this is from a fan since 82!

ME.....

yer talkin pish ya madman.....lol....

at the end of the day we all have our differences on this band and it is only our opinion i mean i don't really give a shit if someone doesn't like/agree with my opinion big deal fuck 'em.....

i can be as praising of this band as i can be critical and i don't need to throw my credentials out there for all to see like the OP.....whom i understand has never seen a grown woman naked........tongue.gif

Basher1 smile.gif

* tongue.gif *

[quote name='ceallach67 wrote:

barbara1']you are right of course,ceallache67! if someone doesn't like u2 (anymore) it's their perogative....(like many of us stated in the 'my friend doesn't like u2, how to reply to his...' or something like that- thread)

it just was risky-business...certainly after the name-calling
eyes.gif

The decision to come to a U2 board to voice your opinion, whether it be negative or positive,  isn't really doing anything wrong. 

smile.gif

VITAE

*sea_islander was a fan in 1982 embarassed.gif * 

WHY?

corporations are a fact of life in today's music industry:

ask Pearl Jam -- a band I admire, btw

I'm more worried about U2's influence on Live Nation

than I am about Live Nation's influence on U2...

*In their first organizational meeting after joining for

Ozzy's 2010 album and tour...

Live Nation: "we strongly encourage carbon offsets

for this tour"

Ozzy: "what the fu' are carbon offsets" eek.gif *

POP WILL EAT ITSELF

okay, recording the album ran into tour rehearsal wink.gif

but, there was a "grunge" tour in the U.S. in '97 that

outsold PopMart?  Pearl Jam, STP?  Please provide

more details and proof...

U23D

I loved U23D happy.gif My only complaint was it made me

want to sing ohwell.gif My singing, which I managed to control

and prevent, is the only way U23D could have possibly

been a disappointment to any real U2 fan

LINE IN THE SAND

I am in the sand -- in Afghanistan -- and in the time I

have to listen to music, I continue to listen to NLOTH

more than I listen to any other CD I have

Not once have I regretted the $300 I paid to see the

360 Tour in Raleigh, NC, while at home on two-weeks

leave from the Army.  If I'm not mistaken there were a

great number of tickets offered for $55 -- maybe 

someone who went to the Raleigh show can help me

with this, I think I remember it ohwell.gif I paid $25 to see 

The Unforgettable Fire Tour in 1985 -- I only know

this because someone in our lunch group at the U2

Academic Conference reminded me of it smile.gif  A $30

increase in twenty-five years...let's see, accounting for

twenty-five years' inflation...a very good deal wink.gif

ALL THAT U2 CANT LEAVE BEHIND

okay, after making millions upon millions because they

make great music as a rock band, U2 has joined

the class system...I think expecting them to live the

life of mendicant friars is unrealistic.  Which band does

more to continue to express and promote what they

believe in?  Please provide details and proof...

Achtung Baby was a great album, yes. NLOTH is a

great album, YES happy.gif  ( to win my agreement, you should

have said NLOTH fell off from The Unforgettable Fire--

ny favorite album wink.gif )

TRIM THE FAT

U2 fans -- and former fans -- can give advice, sure. 

Thank God U2, and not fans and former fans, make

the albums.

Sincerely

sea_islander wink.gif

• Subscriber

wink.gif

ceallach67 wrote:

sea_islander']

eek.gif

the Rams actually have no shot at the Superbowl --

I made this football reference earlier in the thread ohwell.gif ...

wink.gif

Gotcha.  Sorry must have missed that one.  Eh... I'm a Raiders fan... so I don't pay attention to chances at the Superbowl. tongue.gif