Lady With the Spinning Head

celticfc09

• Subscriber

Ha! right about at 1:16? that's crazy... but its a common riff. Or maybe a version the instrument to this was written back during the Auchtung Baby era and kept until now. They've done that before, Love and Peace was originally written during POP sessions.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

[quote name='Janette B wrote:

1love
']Think "Zoo Station."

I love the opening line to
Achtung
Baby
.  "Are you ready for the laughing gas?"  But I believe the line that is relevant to the encore during the U2360 tour is this one:

"Are you ready to let go of the steering wheel?"

Hmmmm . . .  I kinda thought there were connections between Achtung Baby and NLOTH, but indirect, kind of murky ones like opposites . . . . this is one very direct connection!!!eek.gif

Has anyone noticed that it appears Bono is holding a steering wheel during "Ultra Violet (Light My Way)" or is it just my twisted thinking?

• Subscriber
Yeah replace Ultraviolet with LWTSH for sure - after all it was LWTSPH that spawned Ultra Violet in the first place.

LWTSPH is an Achtung Baby megafix in one song!

And yep Mick is right - listen to the background in the title track of NLOTH - just as they go into the second verse - Edge has a reworked guitar riff from The Fly in there. I found this disappointing as it's a complete repeat of the past. I think it's less noticable in the faster, alternative version of the song though.

You know listen to Hush by Pearl Jam. Exact same riff.

• Subscriber

lady with the spinning head extended remix version!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is one of my favorite u2 songs ever. awesome rhythm section, and the middle 8 is ultra violet lights intro!

good choice!

• Subscriber
lady with the spinning head extended remix version!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is one of my favorite u2 songs ever. awesome rhythm section, and the middle 8 is ultra violet lights intro!

good choice!

Finally someone agrees with me on this one