New Lostprophets single sounds like WOWY?!

Kelski

• Subscriber

[quote name='peterferris8 wrote:

bflorendo wrote:

ceallach67']I just went and listened to the song. I'm not hearing the WOWY similarities. At all.

Though if we're talking about songs that sound like WOWY, listen to Shadow of the Day by Linkin Park.

Linkin Park's last tour took a page off how U2 run their setlists. Excellent live band, and one of the best sounding shows I've ever seen....thanks to 'Pooch', their FOH guy. If 'Shadow of the Day' is their 'Bad', then 'What I've Done' is their 'Streets'.

I'm hoping for Linkin Park to return to the UK this summer, so that I can see them then - and hopefully they'll still have Pendulum on as a support act. 

As for the topic of the thread - Where We Belong bears only one similarity with WOWY, and that is the bassline in the chorus. The rest is completely different.
Unlike Linkin Park's WOWY cover; Shadow of the Day where the bassline is as near to exact to WOWY a song could come.

Linkin Park puts on a great live show but I gotta say the new song makes me gag. Won't be seeing them on this tour.

• Subscriber

After hearing Lostprophets' new single "Where We Belong" for the first time today... has anyone else noticed the similarities to "With or Without You" including something that sounds suspiciously similar to the high-pitched "woo-oo-oo-ooh" bit Bono does near the end of WOWY (before the instrumental outro section)... ?

Errrm? LOSTPROPHETS, NO!! mad.gif

It makes me sad that there doesn't seem to be much good original music being written any more.

They're quite a good band, actually, and Where We Belong is not similar to WOWY (except the bassline in the chorus).