Understanding Sexism - the Analogy

bandcompletely

• Subscriber

Great lyrics, Barbara. Not a big Christina Aguilera fan but that's a good one.

Just to address the analogy; only men think other men "THE MAN" when they sleep around. Most women consider them pigs, while some just consider them a good time.

On the flip side; women who sleep around are generally not regarded that highly by other women. Though men think of them as a good time.

What does that say about the sexes?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Great lyrics, Barbara. Not a big Christina Aguilera fan but that's a good one.

Just to address the analogy; only men think other men "THE MAN" when they sleep around. Most women consider them pigs, while some just consider them a good time.

On the flip side; women who sleep around are generally not regarded that highly by other women. Though men think of them as a good time.

What does that say about the sexes?

• Subscriber

not trying to convert you,( and i promise it's the last christinaquote i make)

After all of the stealing and cheating
You probably think that I hold resentment for you
But, uh uh, oh no, you're wrong
'Cause if it wasn't for all that you tried to do
I wouldn't know just how capable I am to pull through
So I wanna say thank you

'Cause it makes me that much stronger
Makes me work a little bit harder
It makes me that much wiser
So thanks for making me a fighter
Made me learn a little bit faster
Made my skin a little bit thicker
Makes me that much smarter
So thanks for making me a fighter

now that's said, i'll move on...

QUESTION: Why is it that if a guy sleeps with a lot of girls, he's considered "The Man", but if a girl sleeps with a lot of guys she is considered a "whore" or a "slut"?

ANSWER: Think about it this way:  If a key can open a lot of doors it is considered a master key and is awesome to have, but if a lock can be opened by a lot of different keys, well that's a pretty crap lock!

Because women are locks. Of course! I've been all turned around on this clearly, thinking I'm a human being with self-determination and all. Silly me.

• Subscriber

[quote name='SoniaLaStrega wrote:

bandcompletely']QUESTION: Why is it that if a guy sleeps with a lot of girls, he's considered "The Man", but if a girl sleeps with a lot of guys she is considered a "whore" or a "slut"?

ANSWER: Think about it this way:  If a key can open a lot of doors it is considered a master key and is awesome to have, but if a lock can be opened by a lot of different keys, well that's a pretty crap lock!

Because women are locks. Of course! I've been all turned around on this clearly, thinking I'm a human being with self-determination and all. Silly me.

You know that your time is coming around...

...dont let the bastards grind you down, Sonia!

• Subscriber

[quote name='barbara1 wrote:

SoniaLaStrega wrote:

bandcompletely']QUESTION: Why is it that if a guy sleeps with a lot of girls, he's considered "The Man", but if a girl sleeps with a lot of guys she is considered a "whore" or a "slut"?

You know that your time is coming around...

...dont let the bastards grind you down, Sonia!

Like it Barbara! Yes, it is a long standing argument etc... but my view is that male or female if you want to sleep around do it with your eyes wide open, that either sex you may end up with a reputation and sex doesn't equate closeness and love. Just don't sleep with people who are already taken! I think finding the right person and using sex as an expression of the love and passion you feel for that one person is much better.

• Subscriber
most people who sleep around in the UK end up on the Jeremy Kyle show seriously lol

OMG!!! Glad I'm married and not sleeping around then!! My God imagine him telling you off! No!!!!