"BAD" was just played on the Daytona 500 commercial just now!

sonicfungus98

• Subscriber

I think I am the only NASCAR fan on this entire fansite, so needless to say, I was over the moon when my favourite band and my favourite sport came together even for 30 seconds! I never thought I'd see the day when I'd hear U2 in connection with a NASCAR event. As for why they used Bad, couple things.... 1) NASCAR is addicting - especially up close (sitting on the pit box with the crew as I've done) and 2) they are loosening the rules so that the "personalities" of the drivers can come out more.... and some of these boys are be "Bad." Five

• Subscriber

I think I am the only NASCAR fan on this entire fansite, so needless to say, I was over the moon when my favourite band and my favourite sport came together even for 30 seconds! I never thought I'd see the day when I'd hear U2 in connection with a NASCAR event. As for why they used Bad, couple things.... 1) NASCAR is addicting - especially up close (sitting on the pit box with the crew as I've done) and 2) they are loosening the rules so that the "personalities" of the drivers can come out more.... and some of these boys are going to be "Bad." Six more days until the Bud Shootout!