For those in the USA.

illumination70

• Subscriber

I will have to find something red to wear. My dad has had 4 or 5 heart attacks and 2 strokes. Thankfully, he's still around to tell the tales.

• Subscriber

My Godfather, whom I love very, very much had to have quadruple bypass surgery a few years back. I almost fainted when I first saw him out of surgery. My sincere prayer is that nobody ever has to go through that again, or anything even close to it. To say that 43 is way too young rings so true. I'm very sorry about your friend and for your loss. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I am gonna wear a red Salvage long sleeve shirt I got for a present. I live in Milwaukee. We have St. Luke's hospital which is one of the best, if not the best heart hospitals in the world. We're very fortunate. Another sincere prayer is for that quality of health care, in this instance heart care, be available to every person in this world. Thank you again for bringing this to our attention. Is this not the greatest web site for the greatest band in the world or what? Thanks a third time!

• Subscriber

My uncle died at 43 too on the operating table. Had 4 kids under 16. I will be wearing a red scrub top to work.

as an aside--- "Go 'Red' for your Heart and go (Red) for your Soul"

(i.e. go red and help raise awareness for heart disease and go (Red) to help humanity

Maybe I just need more sleep but I think if the Amer Heart Assoc did it would really provide great awareness for both heart disease and for African aide....

• Subscriber

I tell all my family to all go to the AHA and learn risk factors, signs and symptoms of heart attack AND STROKE! Also learn CPR. Really support heart disease awareness. I will be wearing a red scrub top to work. My uncle died on the operating table at 46 with 4 kids under 16. We have reminders all around us and in our families as to why this is important. I work daily with stroke patients and it is so important to raise awareness not only for your heart but for arrhythmias of the heart and of occlusions of the carotid arteries-which are the cause of many strokes. So I will just say, it isn't just your heart---it is all your vessels too! Get a stroke screening  and know the risk factors and the signs and symptoms of stroke (aka brain attack). As they say "Time lost is brain lost."  (NOT medical advice btw---just what the AHA has to offer if you visit their site.)

As an aside this has been an idea of mine for a while---I would really love to have had a Registe(red) Nurse scrub top to wear to work. If the AHA could only pair with (red) and do a scrub top to raise awareness for heart disease, but to also raise money for the red campaign that would be awesome----so the top could raise awareness for heart disease and the AHA but the proceeds could go to (Red).... It could read Registe(red) Nurse on the front above the pocket and on the back "Go Red for your Heart and Go (Red) for your Soul."