What did you sacrifice for U2 tix ?

n2u274

• Subscriber

What did you sacrifice for U2 tickets? If you are/were suffering from this economic situation. I was laid-off just before the 2009 tix went on sale and I knew my dog would pass away soon, so I decided to do whatever it took to see U2. It has been 12 years since I saw them and they were not getting away from me this time !!!! I had 3 yard sales and sold the rest of my U2 collection on ebay (I had to sell the first half in 1999, when I was laid-off from another job).  So, what did you have to sacrifice ?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

hmm...tough one... cant see me sacrificing something important, cause i do have 4 other fam-members who'd have to agree... maybe a sandwich less for me every day?(never would reduce coffee or alcohol-consumption, though.. wink.gif )

or i'd say no to that really nice fitting pair of new jeans...(that i dont really need.eyes.gif.) maybe wouldnt buy the lovely earrings , use less perfume, make-up, skip hairdressers appointment once a while... something like that i guess... but luckily we still have our jobs and are doin fine in the 'financial department'...so no need to worry for the moment... but we all realise how quick that could changefrown.gif

wish you luck, hope you're fine now?

• Subscriber

Thanks for the well wishes (and the laugh, MacFoley). I am sure you can tell that I still have my sense of humor, so I am fine. I do miss my dog, still. I realize that there are people out there that are worse off than me, so not much complaining here. Just glad that I was able to see them 3 times in 2009. Don't really miss the collection much. Less weight to deal with whenever I move (Thoreau would be proud). I still have my Propaganda issues and other U2 fanzines. I have been selling paintings to keep afloat. Doing well with that. So, I hear Adam might be hiring !!!! I wish I was psychic. Instead of jumping up and down like an idiot when Adam waved at me during "Crazy" at Fed-Ex, I should have waved my resume (while jumping up and down like an idiot).

• Subscriber

A lot of my money. And my promise to never deceive my husband (he has no idea of ticket prices). A holiday to Latvia in the summer. A romantic anniversary dinner (same night as Frankfurt).

• Subscriber

Zhivvy, my husband has no idea of ticket prices either. I haven't told him the real reason for visiting my sister in frankfurt on august the 10th yet................... and he doesn't know that I have a red zone ticket in zurich yet and he's comming up behind me now. Other than that we have a very honest marrige!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is what U2 does to you!!!!!!!!!