Where are the U2.com old timers?

Carry Each Other

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been a member since 1999 in the old days where the website was like in a house or something and then it changed to the time lines and then now I think in it's current incarnation.

I remember the house... it was like a blue house made up of lines.  Maybe they were thinking of "Your Blue Room" when they created it?  Who knows. It was a totally empty site if I remember - not much going on in it, or with it.

It changed from the house in about 2001 and it had Bono in that kick stance silhouette blue background with thin black stripes and I think it had the end of beautiful day playing while the site loaded. If I recall correctly, it was so long ago.

It changed from the house in about 2001 and it had Bono in that kick stance silhouette blue background with thin black stripes and I think it had the end of beautiful day playing while the site loaded. If I recall correctly, it was so long ago.

I think your memory of the site is better than mine.  I can't remember that pic.  I just remember one day logging on and there was a chat room.  Oh the days in the chatroom.  It was so full of bugs that you could open numerous browser windows and enter the room as different people at the same time.  I used to having chats in there with myself while others were getting freaked out.  The "sysops" eventually corrected that problem..  And alas, they eventually shut the chatroom down.