What Wild creatures are in your neighborhood?

xtraspicy62

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Ok apart from beer drinking kids we do have some wildlife. We have quite a few foxes round by us (not the flying variety though) and in the park by us (it is a big national park) we see lots of deer, foxes, badgers, rabbits and lots of huge birds of prey. i guess we are lucky living so close to it and seeing these lovely animals

• Subscriber

Actually just saw one of our hawks snatch up a rabbit . . . . . yeah, everyone's gotta eat, lol

(Have you ever heard the scream of a rabbit? One of the saddest sounds, I think :(((

Actually just saw one of our hawks snatch up a rabbit . . . . . yeah, everyone's gotta eat, lol

(Have you ever heard the scream of a rabbit? One of the saddest sounds, I think :(((

that had to hurt to hear! I'm cringing right now!

In my neighborhood, I often see a Great Blue Heron, A Badger, deer running wild, various hawks, and red foxes..but the racoon moms with their young clinging to them are a real "find" as they go thru my garbage cans late at night, waking me up and as I go to investigate, she looks terrifyingly fierce!!

Lots and lots of Red Tailed Hawks, rabbits, hummingbirds, tons of song birds, butterflies

we have lots of finches coming thru and warblers of all different colors, some are bright yellow with black and some have amazing streaks of bright blue in their dark feathers...seen hummingbirds too and this woodpecker waking me up every morning....but usually the cardinals calling back and forth tho eachother are the sweetest sound to wake up to.

• Subscriber

please don remind me at that.... poor little bunny...

oh and i forgot to add toads, lots of them! we saved some over the years and 2 live in our garden ... see them now and then between the pots with plants. always a nice surprise to meet them...

love them! and they've grown so much they must be having a good life in our garden.

just saw the youthnews and its the time of year where they're travelling to the pools again in order to meet a mate, lots get run over by cars and wildlife-organisations placing fences and buckets to catch them before crossing streets and bring them to pools...save and sound! think thats a wonderful initiative!

• Subscriber

Sorry about the cringe . . . . . the first late night animal sound we ever heard when we moved into our house about 14 yrs. ago was a poor little rabbit . . . . still makes me so sad when I hear it :(((((

Forgot to add: coyotes and lizards, lol

Where do you live, Spicy? You've got lots of wildlife, it sounds like. Don't mess with racoon moms . . . we used to have them at our other house and fierce is an apt description!!!