Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

basher1

Totally Disgraceful......

What's sad is that U2 have always tried to stop this thing happening to them. Somewhere between Bono's preaching, tax evasions, Bono's name dropping, etc there is a real dislike for him and the band. This has been coming for a while now. I still love em and therefore I find it very hard to poor shit on the band. I think Bono needs to talk to Larry urgently.
agreed.....i think Bono fucked everything up when he appeared everywhere.......with bush blair the labour party conferance preaching on tour i mean i believe he went to the opening of a crisp packet once.......

i think Larry needs to boot Bono right in the balls and say "we got together to make music"........

[quote name='aussiegirl wrote:

basher1 wrote:

aussiegirl']i just want my Artificial Horizon from my re-sub 4 months ago and some aussie tour dates would be a nice bonus
;)

G i could send you A/H in an email......
tongue.gif

If I dont get mine soon B I'll take you up on that offer, ta!

no bother G let me know.....xx

[quote name='joshthetree wrote:

laugh.giflaugh.gif

basher1 wrote:

joshthetree wrote:

mick james wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

mick james wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

mick james']Heya lads.

As much as I still love the band, etc etc, sadly I have to agree.

This site is bullshit.

$50 for what?

CDs with content that as collectors etc we've already owned for years, DVD rips, a metal card and now I have 2 presale codes for a tour which has been deemed too expensive to even bring to the county where I live.

And to put a way better version of the fan gift on sale to anyone just hammers it home.

I hate to think that it's hit a point in time where it's embarrasing to be a U2 fan, but how many people now tell you when you mention U2 that "Bono is a c@#t"? I had someone tell me that just last night.

It's a shame to think he's become one of the most despised figures on the planet, and so have the other 3 just by proxy.

I loved the last album, loved the last tour, look forward to new music, and as much as I hate using the following term, it's true.

U2 have sold out.

and to add ontop of that, what liam gallagher says of bono is true really, just no one has the balls to come out and say it in the real world.

Liam savages U2Dotmusic, March 19, 2010

Liam Gallagher has launched a scathing attack on U2, insisting he has never met anyone who likes them. Skip related content

The former Oasis frontman claims that Bono and co have to bribe people to attend their concerts and buy the band's records.

A case of the Cock calling the kettle black huh?

It used to be a case of jealousy when people used U2 as whipping boys to get themselves hype, and most of what Liam spouts is shit.

But he kinda has a point.

It just turning into a fucking puppet show.

And if folks like us -  some of the worlds biggest fans - are saying this, then it's pretty bloody sad.

yeah dude, liam is a cock, but he has a point.

back in the day i used to look at my u2 posters on my wall, thinking they are 4 humble men on a mission, how i wish i saw them play in 3 foot away from me. now the latter has been fulfilled (radio one winner) the myth is no more of u2. now i see them as 4 fat cats licking our cream.

i dont want to admit it mate, but yeah they are not the same band they were, hopefully the shit sales of horizon might kick some warning buttons for them. another shit sellling album they could be well and truly over.

fans are not going to stick around for zootopia gifts in 5 years time.

i can see this on the horizon though..................

next years zootopia gift, a dvd rip from the 360 dvd show coming out soon. great...............
eyes.gif

Agreed.

But it's true hey - if peeps like you, Bash, AG, Kings etc and myself who've passionately loved the band forever, and have stuck with them through the years with all the other bullshit that could have put us off, and didn't, feel like this then where does the band go from here?

It's kinda like having to admit that Superman is actually a pussy.

edit - and Mac my man, at least they took the same old setlist to your parts.  They can't even be arsed coming here.

And I know you know how much support Aussies have given the band.

i agree with some of the stuff here like the last/this tour is U2 by numbers, we were promised rarities whatever happened to 'Drowning Man', as far as Liam goes and what he alledgedly said I've read a lot of press over the years where he has said that the Gallagher Brothers (particulalry Noel - who listed U2 in his top ten of bands) were big fans - so it may just be sower grapes as his band goes down the pan.  I'm not a U2 basher but do feel that every time a new album comes out it takes longer and longer and the LP + subsequent tour ends up being a U2 reunion event and nolonger a proper tour, U2 for a while have ceased to be a band in the true sense they just chuck a record out and tour and don't really seem to give a toss nowadays.  Too much emphasis is put on the band being the first to do this or that, being the biggest this or that and geting the most awards. I'm not interested in all that bullshit, I want a musically creative/innovative band who still have fire in their bellys and hunger to make that one special record.

I think as a fan club there has been a slight improvement, I liked 'Artificial Horizon' and the offer to buy a vinyl.  I would like to see more limited offers of material on CD too. 

And the quote of the day award goes to Josh for......

"Too much emphasis is put on the band being the first to do this or that, being the biggest this or that and geting the most awards. I'm not interested in all that bullshit, I want a musically creative/innovative band who still have fire in their bellys and hunger to make that one special record."

bloody brilliant piece that Josh..........

cheers bash, just makes me angry sometimes ;)

is that it well thats just a shite acceptance speech right there.......lol

i know exactly what you mean mate i mean me i go to the gigs for the music a 2 hour escape from all the shite life throws at ye but what do ye get......speeches about all the shite in the world....... you know what i mean.

Liam Gallagher is a twat end of storymad.gif

but yes don't think u2 are the band they once were, and think Larry is definitely the man to sort this out, am sure he would have some influence over making this site better, and getting bono to get back to what they do best make music!!!!

It's a sad day for me all this really is frown.gif

Liam Gallagher is a twat end of storymad.gif

but yes don't think u2 are the band they once were, and think Larry is definitely the man to sort this out, am sure he would have some influence over making this site better, and getting bono to get back to what they do best make music!!!!

It's a sad day for me all this really is frown.gif

[quote name='basher1 wrote:

kings']What's sad is that U2 have always tried to stop this thing happening to them. Somewhere between Bono's preaching, tax evasions, Bono's name dropping, etc there is a real dislike for him and the band. This has been coming for a while now. I still love em and therefore I find it very hard to poor shit on the band. I think Bono needs to talk to Larry urgently.

agreed.....i think Bono fucked everything up when he appeared everywhere.......with bush blair the labour party conferance preaching on tour i mean i believe he went to the opening of a crisp packet once.......

i think Larry needs to boot Bono right in the balls and say "we got together to make music"........

lol *hands award back to bash*

[quote name='basher1 wrote:

kings']What's sad is that U2 have always tried to stop this thing happening to them. Somewhere between Bono's preaching, tax evasions, Bono's name dropping, etc there is a real dislike for him and the band. This has been coming for a while now. I still love em and therefore I find it very hard to poor shit on the band. I think Bono needs to talk to Larry urgently.

he went to bush/blair for africa. africa is still in crisis. my instant thought with seeing bono and bush together was oh no! after all bono's rant on bullet the blue sky, and now he is seen with blair and worse he admits he is an ok guy........

yes bash could have been the start to make matters worse on bono is a tool front.

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:

basher1 wrote:

he went to bush/blair for africa. africa is still in crisis. my instant thought with seeing bono and bush together was oh no! after all bono's rant on bullet the blue sky, and now he is seen with blair and worse he admits he is an ok guy........

yes bash could have been the start to make matters worse on bono is a tool front.

i am now beginning to understand why folk hate him so much i dont think it's a band thing i think it's just a Bono thing.

Heya lads.

This site is bullshit.

$50 for what?

CDs with content that as collectors etc we've already owned for years, DVD rips, a metal card and now I have 2 presale codes for a tour which has been deemed too expensive to even bring to the county where I live.

And to put a way better version of the fan gift on sale to anyone just hammers it home.

I hate to think that it's hit a point in time where it's embarrasing to be a U2 fan, but how many people now tell you when you mention U2 that "Bono is a c@#t"? I had someone tell me that just last night.

It's a shame to think he's become one of the most despised figures on the planet, and so have the other 3 just by proxy.

I loved the last album, loved the last tour, look forward to new music, and as much as I hate using the following term, it's true.

U2 have sold out.

I get that all the time Mick, particularly living and being from Dublin, you get dog's abuse for being a U2 fan! My boss gives me a right slagging over it, and I have defended them but don't think you can defend a crap website eyes.gif

Heya lads.

This site is bullshit.

$50 for what?

U2 have sold out.

I get that all the time Mick, particularly living and being from Dublin, you get dog's abuse for being a U2 fan! My boss gives me a right slagging over it, and I have defended them but don't think you can defend a crap website eyes.gif